Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Children are just commodities in the liberal culture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children are just commodities in the liberal culture.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-parents.html

This is just wrong. 'Matthew' should not have contact.

Liberals always think they know better than anyone else and yet they are storing up untold harm for all of us as they drag society down to the level where the only thing that counts is their own selfish desires.

So, similar to this comment?

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Babies are more like property to which the parents have a duty of care. So they are somewhere between a person and a set of golf clubs.

Comment

It is worse than you think...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...blishment.html
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Of course they are just commodities. They have to be considered such in order for it to be reasonable to dispose of them so easily before they are born.

And it extrapolates out to all aspects of life.

We sacrifice our children, in more ways than one, on the altar of the god of sex and selfishness.

Appalling.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-parents.html

This is just wrong. 'Matthew' should not have contact.

Liberals always think they know better than anyone else and yet they are storing up untold harm for all of us as they drag society down to the level where the only thing that counts is their own selfish desires.
          Yeah!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

See that you don't look down on one of these little ones, because I tell you that in heaven their angels continually view the face of My Father in heaven.

My Father won't forget those who viewed His children as mere objects.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, we liberals always buy and sell our children by the pound. Hyperbole, much?

Actually, let me just add to this: here's an accusation that I, because I hold liberal views, do not love my children and regard them as my property. Quite honestly, sometimes you people make me sick.
              Last edited by pancreasman; 06-04-2015, 05:35 PM. Reason: Anger

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                Yes, we liberals always buy and sell our children by the pound. Hyperbole, much?

Actually, let me just add to this: here's an accusation that I, because I hold liberal views, do not love my children and regard them as my property. Quite honestly, sometimes you people make me sick.
                I'm pretty sure this thread was a result of a goofy statement by FirstFloor, that was quoted earlier in the thread....

"Babies are more like property to which the parents have a duty of care. So they are somewhere between a person and a set of golf clubs."

I'd bet you never thought of your children as golf clubs, Pman.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I'm pretty sure this thread was a result of a goofy statement by FirstFloor, that was quoted earlier in the thread....

"Babies are more like property to which the parents have a duty of care. So they are somewhere between a person and a set of golf clubs."

I'd bet you never thought of your children as golf clubs, Pman.
                  In that case he's an idiot and it is not right to blame it on 'liberal culture'.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that MOST of us (I may be wrong) when we rant about "liberals" in these threads have in mind the "loony left" - the fringe that seems to have taken the Democrat party (for instance) hostage. I still have some older liberals in my Church, and they don't go along with much of what the loony left is pushing. And they not only love their grandchildren, they reasonably tolerate their adult children.

Comment

Which is why such discussions need to be careful and nuanced. Blanket condemnation is easy and cheap, but hardly ever accurate. I'm still mad but I thank you for taking the time to try to mediate.

And if that is the case, the title of this thread is just plain wrong.
                      Last edited by pancreasman; 06-04-2015, 06:06 PM. Reason: more anger

Comment

In that case he's an idiot and it is not right to blame it on 'liberal culture'.
                        Right, we should not blame the 'liberal culture' for the slaughter of millions of unborn children Pman?

To quote Elizabeth Cady Stanton on abortion;

When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit.”
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Which is why such discussions need to be careful and nuanced. Blanket condemnation is easy and cheap, but hardly ever accurate. I'm still mad but I thank you for taking the time to try to mediate.

And if that is the case, the title of this thread is just plain wrong.
                          Titles tend to be sensationalized, I think, to get attention. And, yeah, there's a lot of broad brushes around, and they get wielded frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Right, we should not blame the 'liberal culture' for the slaughter of millions of unborn children Pman?

To quote Elizabeth Cady Stanton on abortion;

When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit.”
                            I don't want to get into an abortion debate, my views have been clearly stated ONCE, and unlike you, ONCE is enough. This thread is about post birth children and I'd like to stick to the facts that the OP and title is a GROSS overstatement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Titles tend to be sensationalized, I think, to get attention. And, yeah, there's a lot of broad brushes around, and they get wielded frequently.
                              When one talks about 'liberals' they're talking about me. I know TWEB is pretty much a conservative clubhouse, but people should not forget that people like me ARE here. If this were a conversation in a coffee shop I'd hope no one would try to tell me I don't love my children.

Or maybe they would, some people here are just that rude.

Comment