Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

These People Are Shameless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    They didn't "drop them"...
    Well, yeah, but they used to rate them, now they don't.

There's probably proof, however, of how honorable they are on Hillary's email server!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, even charitynavigator.com dropped them because, and I quote "We have determined that this charity's atypical business model cannot be accurately captured in our current rating methodology."

(and you're trusting the Clinton's own website for this information )
      They didn't "drop them" but rather added them onto their watch list of suspect charities. Of course that automatically qualifies CN as being charter members of the vast right wing conspiracy
      Well, yeah, but they used to rate them, now they don't.

There's probably proof, however, of how honorable they are on Hillary's email server!
      There's no question that the Clinton Foundation is highly atypical, primarily because it's a network with somewhat amorphous objectives, as opposed to, say, Doctors Without Borders. But unless and until you can point to some actual wrongdoing, instead of just nebulous accusations of fraud, you're doing very little and nothing that reflects poorly on the Clintons accepting $500k for their charitable foundation at a charity event where ~$400k was spent "for the gala".

It's all very Gatsby-esque, which I find downright distasteful. But cheap slander, which is what at least seer is peddling, is even more distasteful than that.
      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        There's no question that the Clinton Foundation is highly atypical, primarily because it's a network with somewhat amorphous objectives, as opposed to, say, Doctors Without Borders. But unless and until you can point to some actual wrongdoing, instead of just nebulous accusations of fraud, you're doing very little and nothing that reflects poorly on the Clintons accepting $500k for their charitable foundation at a charity event where ~$400k was spent "for the gala".

It's all very Gatsby-esque, which I find downright distasteful. But cheap slander, which is what at least seer is peddling, is even more distasteful than that.
        Oh, that's right, they're DEMOCRATS, so you're going to give them every benefit of the doubt and pretend their intentions are entirely honorable!

As you were.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, that's right, they're DEMOCRATS, so you're going to give them every benefit of the doubt and pretend their intentions are entirely honorable!

As you were.
          That must be it. I'm known for my complete lack of criticism of Clinton.

Ortel's accusations and findings lack any actual evidence of fraud, as has been noted elsewhere.

I'm no fan of Romney, either, but my criticism of his charity fight with Hollyfield remains that it's similarly Gatsby-esque. I'm not sinking to the cheap shots of accusing Romney of defrauding others with "charity."

Maybe y'all would do better sticking to what you can show, rather than cheap accusations and false equivalences.
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

That must be it. I'm known for my complete lack of criticism of Clinton.

Ortel's accusations and findings lack any actual evidence of fraud, as has been noted elsewhere.

I'm no fan of Romney, either, but my criticism of his charity fight with Hollyfield remains that it's similarly Gatsby-esque. I'm not sinking to the cheap shots of accusing Romney of defrauding others with "charity."

Maybe y'all would do better sticking to what you can show, rather than cheap accusations and false equivalences.
            Yeah, well I'll continue supporting charities that aren't constantly under scrutiny because of ... um... "atypical business models"... and you can spend your pinko commie liberal dollars on the Clintons, if you so wish.

(Maybe I'm jealous that I was never able to make as much money on cattle futures as the Clintons, and I'm actually in the business. )

Comment

Yeah, well I'll continue supporting charities that aren't constantly under scrutiny because of ... um... "atypical business models"... and you can spend your pinko commie liberal dollars on the Clintons, if you so wish.

(Maybe I'm jealous that I was never able to make as much money on cattle futures as the Clintons, and I'm actually in the business. )
              I doubt a cent of my money will ever willingly go directly or indirectly to the Clintons. I think that sort of wealth accumulation is bordering on grossly immoral. As far as their charity organizations go, I go for more low-key foundations and orgs.

But I'm not going to translate my distaste for them into unfounded accusations of fraud, either.

Comment

I doubt a cent of my money will ever willingly go directly or indirectly to the Clintons. I think that sort of wealth accumulation is bordering on grossly immoral. As far as their charity organizations go, I go for more low-key foundations and orgs.
                Yeah, I'm more into that evil credentialism stuff - you know, giving and actually doing, too. (I'm kidding about that, but, seriously, several of us went to Haiti for a couple weeks way back in the late 70's / early 80's to see what the needs were, and then started giving -- and we have the confidence to know the money is actually going to the work, and not accumulating in big bank accounts)

But I'm not going to translate my distaste for them into unfounded accusations of fraud, either.
                Hardly "unfounded", Sam - just not yet proven. But you probably believed Bill when he promised he did not have sekshule relations with "that woman".

Is it just a right wing conspiracy, Sam, like Hillary claims?

Comment

Hardly "unfounded", Sam - just not yet proven. But you probably believed Bill when he promised he did not have sekshule relations with "that woman".
                  Maybe a bad time to bring that up.

Comment

Why, if Denny did bad stuff, he needs to face the music. I bet he won't get near the support from the press.

Comment

Why, if Denny did bad stuff, he needs to face the music. I bet he won't get near the support from the press.
                      Yeah, they're really hypocritical in that way, treating alleged consensual sex with an intern as less serious than alleged sexual abuse while teaching at a high school ...

Comment

Sam, Haitian activists were protesting Bill's office in NY just a few weeks ago claiming BILLIONS had been diverted from the 2010 earthquake relief. Haiti is still in shambles, and about a year ago, I was in the main hospital that was supposed to have been rebuilt - it's in incredibly bad shape with a huge rise in cholera in the area. When Clinton is asked about it, he refers to the improvements he's made in economic and tourist industries. Our people (the Baptists and the Lutherans) are still drilling water wells with antiquated equipment and would LOVE to have gotten some of that billions and billions of dollars the Clintons are supposedly "investing" in Haiti.

Comment

Yeah, they're really hypocritical in that way, treating alleged consensual sex with an intern as less serious than alleged sexual abuse while teaching at a high school ...
                          Prior to Clinton we were constantly inundated with statements that such relationships could never truly be consensual since the employer had power over the employee. But that radically changed virtually overnight.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm an equal opportunity denouncer, Sam --- I have clearly said if Denny did bad stuff - and it certainly looks like he did - he should face the music. And, yeah, I got that bit where you trivialize Clinton's lying in office and having his cabinet level people go out there and carry the lie for him... but it's ok, because it was just "consensual sex", and, BY GOD, it was a DEMOCRAT!!!!! And the ONLY reason Clinton ever "backed down" was the blue dress.
                            Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-29-2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Prior to Clinton we were constantly inundated with statements that such relationships could never truly be consensual since the employer had power over the employee. But that radically changed virtually overnight.
                              Absolutely - and that's STILL taught in employment law, in which I am certified!

Comment

I'm an equal opportunity denouncer, Sam --- I have clearly said if Denny did bad stuff - and it certainly looks like he did - he should face the music. And, yeah, I got that bit where you trivialize Clinton's lying in office and having his cabinet level people go out there and carry the lie for him... but it's ok, because it was just "consensual sex", and, BY GOD, it was a DEMOCRAT!!!!! And the ONLY reason Clinton ever "backed down" was the blue dress.
                                No one is making moral excuses for Bill Clinton or hand-waving away his lying. We agree that people should be held accountable for their actions. What some folk are trying to here, though, is peddle cheap slander as legitimate accusation. Which is not OK.

Fix those problems and you'll have a better platform.

Comment