Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Southwest Airlines: Good Job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Airlines: Good Job!

I think it's important to acknowledge when someone does something very right.
    Originally posted by Fox News
    http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/0...ntcmp=features

Southwest Airlines is being praised for going above and beyond the call of duty after a woman learned her son was in a coma after an accident.
    Peggy Uhle was on a flight from Chicago to Columbus waiting to take off when the plane turned back to the gate and flight attendant asked her to get off.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Very cool.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, I saw that yesterday, I think. Awesome.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

And I hope the son makes it.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

That reminds me, though in a totally different sense, of a case study in college in one of my business courses. I believe it was Swiss Air that, at that time, was fostering this "extreme customer service" approach. They were teaching - and EMPOWERING - their people to do whatever they felt was "the right thing to do" when confronted with a customer complaint or problem. The philosophy (again, I don't know if this is still true) was "if you make the WRONG choice - you won't be reprimanded - you will be "coached" in how to handle the problem the next time". That was KEY - you won't get in trouble for "doing the right thing", but will be "coached" in how to better handle the situation the next time. OR, will be praised for "doing the right thing".

In one example, a businessman left his briefcase on the plane. One of the members of the plane cleaning crew found it, brought it to the attention of a gate attendant, who asked security to come over and stand by while she opened it to determine its owner. Having done that, she called his home office to find out where he was staying, and had a taxi deliver the briefcase to his hotel. As the taxi driver was explaining to the front desk clerk why he was there with the briefcase, the owner of the briefcase walked up was shocked that the Airline had, at their own expense, located him, and had the briefcase delivered to him before he even arrived at his own hotel.

But, yeah, I LOVE "extreme customer service" stories!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              I think it's important to acknowledge when someone does something very right.

And in stark contrast to another recent event on a different Southwestern flight where the flight attendants refused to let a woman call her husband back or notify police after he sent a text saying he was about to commit suicide (and did).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And in stark contrast to another recent event on a different Southwestern flight where the flight attendants refused to let a woman call her husband back or notify police after he sent a text saying he was about to commit suicide (and did).

I'd heard about that. Man, I feel for the wife.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment