Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

President Obama's Executive Amnesty -- Not so Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama's Executive Amnesty -- Not so Fast

abbott.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/.../obama-courts/
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Not accurate: The CoA voted, as a procedural issue, not to allow DAPA to go forward before it makes its ruling on the merits later this month.

But Heaven help 'em, Conservatives trying to win these victories through the courts are learning (or simply suffering) the consequences of riding roughshod over millions of voters. A favorable ruling in King v. Burwell is already shaping up to be a nightmare scenario for Republicans and SCOTUS overruling DAPA will prove the same ... right before the 2016 elections, making it really difficult for the GOP to turn this around:

hispanic-2012-11-07-latino-vote-00-01.jpg
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Not accurate: The CoA voted, as a procedural issue, not to allow DAPA to go forward before it makes its ruling on the merits later this month....
      Hence, my very ACCURATE title "...Not so Fast".

Ruling here.
      Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-26-2015, 08:45 PM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was referring to Abbott's tweet but should have made that clear.
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

I was referring to Abbott's tweet but should have made that clear.
          Yeah.

Comment

Not accurate: The CoA voted, as a procedural issue, not to allow DAPA to go forward before it makes its ruling on the merits later this month.

But Heaven help 'em, Conservatives trying to win these victories through the courts are learning (or simply suffering) the consequences of riding roughshod over millions of voters. A favorable ruling in King v. Burwell is already shaping up to be a nightmare scenario for Republicans and SCOTUS overruling DAPA will prove the same ... right before the 2016 elections, making it really difficult for the GOP to turn this around:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6809[/ATTACH]
            I find it funny that expecting the law to be actually enforced is considered "running roughshod" over someone who the law is not intended to impact...
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              I find it funny that expecting the law to be actually enforced is considered "running roughshod" over someone who the law is not intended to impact...
              I bet guys like you think that Obama's use of his phone and his pen to circumvent (or create) law is running roughshod over the constitution!

Comment