Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Vaccinations imposed by law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccinations imposed by law

According to Dr Mark Stengler, a popular doctor:
    One of your most basic rights is being flat-out stolen from you.

It's the right to care for yourself and your family as you see fit -- including the right to make your own informed choices about vaccination.

New laws are being rushed through statehouses across the country that would force ALL vaccinations on just about any child hoping to attend public school with almost no exceptions, ending the "personal belief" exemptions that many concerned parents have relied upon.
    He claims that future new kinds of vaccine will be imposed as well. He also claims that around 300 types are in the pipeline, presumably for obscure diseases mainly; but it's not clear if we will have laws that impose most of those.

My intention is that the thread focus is on the rights of parents to decide for their children. Of course medical issues may be discussed, if they seem necessary.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post

It's the right to care for yourself and your family as you see fit -- including the right to make your own informed choices about vaccination.

New laws are being rushed through statehouses across the country that would force ALL vaccinations on just about any child hoping to attend public school with almost no exceptions, ending the "personal belief" exemptions that many concerned parents have relied upon.
    He claims that future new kinds of vaccine will be imposed as well. He also claims that around 300 types are in the pipeline, presumably for obscure diseases mainly; but it's not clear if we will have laws that impose most of those.

My intention is that the thread focus is on the rights of parents to decide for their children. Of course medical issues may be discussed, if they seem necessary.
    A "naturopathic doctor" is not a doctor and allowing kids to attend public school without being vaccinated is a surefire way to increase entirely preventable illnesses and deaths among children.
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Seat belts are also required by law. OH NO! We bein' repressed by BigSeatbelt!!!!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        A "naturopathic doctor" is not a doctor
        Correct

Source: Wikipedia: Naturopathy

Naturopathy or naturopathic medicine is a form of alternative medicine employing a wide array of "natural" treatments, including homeopathy, herbalism, and acupuncture, as well as diet and lifestyle counseling. Naturopaths favor a holistic approach with non-invasive treatment and generally avoid the use of surgery and drugs. Naturopathic philosophy is based on a belief in vitalism and self-healing, and practitioners often prefer methods of treatment that are not compatible with evidence-based medicine. Naturopathic medicine is replete with pseudoscientific, ineffective, unethical, and possibly dangerous practices.

Much of the ideology and methodological underpinnings of naturopathy are in conflict with the paradigm of evidence-based medicine. Their training adds up to a very small amount of that of primary care doctors. Many[quantify] naturopaths oppose vaccination based in part on the early views that shaped the profession.[citation needed] According to the American Cancer Society, "scientific evidence does not support claims that naturopathic medicine can cure cancer or any other disease, since virtually no studies on naturopathy as a whole have been published."

© Copyright Original Source

Naturopaths are notorious for their wild and grandiose claims about their treatments which include several disreputable and/or worthless practices and their methods are based upon a belief in mysticism and a metaphysical belief in vitalism (the idea that living organisms possess a non-physical inner force or energy that gives them the property of life).

To be fair their support of preventive medicine (doing such things as quit smoking and eat healthy) is sound but is hardly unique to them in that any real doctor will tell you the same thing.

And Quackwatch lists BottomLine Natural Healing with Dr. Mark Stengler among their list of "Fundamentally Flawed Magazines" on their "Nonrecommended Periodicals" page. And the Journal of Naturopathic Medicine in the Fundamentally Flawed Journals column (noting that they also "carried ads for questionable potions, services, books, and/or publications").

Stengler himself claims to be able to cure cancer but is stopped the government (but if you buy his books you can get around that). He also claims depression is caused by a bad diet (odd considering that you find depression among folks who are "meat and potatoes" type eaters all the way to strict vegans)

Unfortunately he professes to being a devout Christian and uses that to push his crap on shows like the 700 Club

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post

vaccination.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Naturopathy's has its place and a non quack naturopath works with a regular physician as a treatment team. Especially with complex diseases. Unfortunately many naturopathic Drs are not like this. Stengler isn't a good one. And quackwartch has his ow issues. He denied gulf war syndrome and agent orange poisoning disability as well as PTSD until the late 2000s. I wouldn't use quackwatch as a source at all.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              Naturopathy's has its place and a non quack naturopath works with a regular physician as a treatment team. Especially with complex diseases. Unfortunately many naturopathic Drs are not like this. Stengler isn't a good one. And quackwartch has his ow issues. He denied gulf war syndrome and agent orange poisoning disability as well as PTSD until the late 2000s. I wouldn't use quackwatch as a source at all.
              He denied PTSD???????? Do what. Oh, is our conspiracy theorist up to it again? Truthseeker is a conspiracy theorist, right?
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post

And quackwartch has his ow issues. He denied gulf war syndrome and agent orange poisoning disability as well as PTSD until the late 2000s. I wouldn't use quackwatch as a source at all.
                I've not been able to find any evidence to support these claims except on a couple of web sites with reputations for pushing questionable medical treatments -- precisely the sort of sources that Quackwatch goes after. OTOH, some of those who have listed it as a credible source for information include
                • "How to find reliable online health information and resources" put out by the Journal of the American Medical Association where it is listed among nine "select sites that provide reliable health information and resources."
                • American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education which name it as a reliable source especially on unproven medications and therapies
                • "Cancer Medicine" put out by the American Cancer Society where it is named as one of ten reputable sources of information about alternative and complementary therapies and repeatedly cites it throughout
                • U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) "Science Panel on Interactive Communication and Health" names it as a credible source for exposing fraudulent online health information
                • Health On the Net Foundation (HON) (founded in 1995 under the auspices of the Geneva Ministry of Health following the gathering of 60 of the world's foremost experts on telemedicine) which confers the HONcode "Code of Conduct" certification to reliable sources of health information in cyberspace, and specifically recommends Quackwatch noting the "exemplary quality of their information"
                • "Medical quackery squashers on the web" in the Lancet (one of the most prestigious medical journals in the world) where it is called the top website for exposing hawkers of health frauds, myths, and fads
                • "Propagation of the Absurd: demarcation of the Absurd revisited" in the Medical Journal of Australia
                • "Internet hoaxes: How to spot them and how to debunk them" in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association
                • "Health Quackery: Spotting Health Scams -- WebMD Public Information from the National Institutes of Health" put out (obviously) by WebMD and cites it as one of eight organizations that they recommend to contact with questions about a product
                • "Evaluating Health Web Sites, Consumer Health Manual" put out by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
                • "Complementary and Alternative Medicine Resource Guide — Fraud and Quackery Resources" put out by Virginia Commonwealth University's (VCU - regarded as a top research university)
                • "Medical Center Library" put out by the University of Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6811[/ATTACH]
                  I'm not getting the connection here. What do food allergies have to do with vaccinations?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I'm not getting the connection here. What do food allergies have to do with vaccinations?
                    Children at school shouldn't eat peanuts because it puts those with a severe allergic reaction to them at risk just by being in their presence.

Children at school shouldn't be unvaccinated because it puts everyone else at risk by being in their presence.

Vaccinations against infectious diseases work on a concept known as the community effect (a.k.a. herd immunity). When a large portion of a community is immunized against a contagious disease, most members of the community are protected against that disease because there is little opportunity for an outbreak because chains of infection are likely to be disrupted, which stops or slows the spread of disease. This means that even those who are not eligible for certain vaccines -- such as infants and pregnant women -- receive some protection since the spread of contagious disease is contained.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Seat belts are also required by law. OH NO! We bein' repressed by BigSeatbelt!!!!
                      Where did all the libertarians go?

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                        Where did all the libertarians go?
                        They refused to wear seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          They refused to wear seatbelts.

Comment

Darwin at work.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                              Darwin at work.

Darwin at play
                              0000000000dap.gif

Comment