Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

When Cops Stand Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Cops Stand Down!

I hope you liberals are happy!

BALTIMORE(WJZ)–It’s the deadliest month Baltimore has seen in more than 15 years. More than two dozen shootings over the holiday weekend alone have city police working around the clock.
    Now, leaders hope community members come forward to help stop the violence.
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/0...liday-weekend/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Is it time to wall in Baltimore and let the people do what they want like in "the Purge?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Is it time to wall in Baltimore and let the people do what they want like in "the Purge?"
      It would be more like "Escape From New York" with it being that way all the time rather than periodic.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Black lives matter!*

* Accept when they're gunned down by other blacks

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Black lives matter!*

* Except when they're gunned down by other blacks
          Because I can.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Black lives matter!*

* Accept when they're gunned down by other blacks
            But I thought the Police were the problem, that if they just stopped being so aggressive or pro-active in the inner city all would be well?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

More:

The Police Chief Anthony Batts blames, in part, the recent unrest.

“Officers tell me and their supervisors, any time they pull up to respond to a call, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them. We have to send in multiple units just to do basic police work, which says we have to work on community engagement.”

Batts has added more officers and presence in the Western District where most of the violence is occurring but so far it hasn’t helped.
              “It makes it very difficult to follow up on violence that takes place there,” he said. “Clearly, they’re not holding back. They’re getting to those locations and getting surrounded. You have many citizens with hand-held cameras that they’re sticking in the faces of officers, an inch off the officer’s face.”

The real story however may not be anything Batts or the Mayor want to admit.

Arrests numbers are plummeting while the murder rate is surging.

Listen to a part of this report from my CNN colleague Miguel Marquez.
              The officer’s voice is disguised for fear of retribution.
              Miguel – “And morale? Where is morale for police officers?”
              Officer – “It’s in the sewers. It’s down. It’s the worse of the worse I’ve ever seen in my career.”
              The officer told Miguel the spike in murders and gun crime was the direct result of a coordinated police work slowdown.
              Miguel – “Why do you think there is a great increase in the crime rate and the number of shootings in this town?”
              Officer – “Officers stopped being proactive.
              Miguel – “Not patrolling?”
              Officer – “Not patrolling. Just stop being proactive.
              Miguel – “Not talking to the community?
              Officer – “Not talking. Stop being proactive. I believe it is a direct result of officers holding back.”
              http://blackamericaweb.com/2015/05/2...o-is-to-blame/

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Because I can.

Comment

But I thought the Police were the problem, that if they just stopped being so aggressive or pro-active in the inner city all would be well?
                  Liberals directing police - THAT is the problem.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Liberals directing police - THAT is the problem.
                    Like anything they "direct."

Comment

Like anything they "direct."
                      It's almost like WIVES... "I don't WANT you to be angry. Unless I WANT you to be angry, then not at ME!"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's almost like WIVES... "I don't WANT you to be angry. Unless I WANT you to be angry, then not at ME!"

You better run!

Comment

You've taught Jake to distract Mrs. CP whenever she comes over to see what you're posting haven't you?

Comment

Where does it say the cops "stood down" in the article you linked?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              Where does it say the cops "stood down" in the article you linked?
                              See post #7.

Comment