Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

U.N. Report: Women May Need ‘Different Treatment’ to Achieve Economic Equality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.N. Report: Women May Need ‘Different Treatment’ to Achieve Economic Equality

So apparently the U.N. is backing the idea that in order for women to achieve economic equality with men then men and women need to be treated differently.

So there you have it. The U.N. are declaring that in order to get equal outcome then the genders need to be treated differently. Of course this means in reality that women get shoved into positions where they don't want to be and men get held back from achieving what they want to achieve.

What do others think of this?
    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

From all the affirmative action proposals and laws it has long been clear that the Egalitarians do not seek mere equality under the law but to engineer society massively to suit their vision.

Now if any society (other than my own) wants to handicap itself by disadvantaging capable men, who am I to stand in its way?

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      From all the affirmative action proposals and laws it has long been clear that the Egalitarians do not seek mere equality under the law but to engineer society massively to suit their vision.
      Certainly looks like it.

Now if any society (other than my own) wants to handicap itself by disadvantaging capable men, who am I to stand in its way?
      true other countries who don't adhere to this nonsense will be better off.
      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Pshaw! Let the women do all the work and us men can sit at home and play poker and go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Pshaw! Let the women do all the work and us men can sit at home and play poker and go fishing.
          Believe it or not but it was it was middleclass women who started second wave feminism. They were bored with nothing to do since inventions created by men made housework so easy to do in little time that they met up in coffee shops to discuss these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
            Believe it or not but it was it was middleclass women who started second wave feminism. They were bored with nothing to do since inventions created by men made housework so easy to do in little time that they met up in coffee shops to discuss these things.
            And the first wave of meninism should be to sit on our butts, drinking beer and making the women earn the money at the office. And then complain about how rough we have it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              And the first wave of meninism should be to sit on our butts, drinking beer and making the women earn the money at the office. And then complain about how rough we have it at home.
              We could stay at home all the while complaining about it and how we are not allowed to work.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderator Notice

You do remember this was your last chance Epoetker? the consequences of this lastest derail attempt are on your head.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by RumTumTugger; 05-20-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Comment