Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

GWB created ISIS?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GWB created ISIS?

    http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/05...-bush-isis.cnn

    And they act like they are so intelligent, and she can't even pronounce pedantic. It's not pendantic, you clod...
    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    Stephen R. Donaldson

  • #2
    It is always obviously somebody else's fault. How awful if we, including ISIS, actually had to take responsibility for our own actions.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/05...-bush-isis.cnn

      And they act like they are so intelligent, and she can't even pronounce pedantic. It's not pendantic, you clod...
      It's hard to beat Bush's own standard for egregious errors and verbal slip-ups.

      Comment


      • #4
        WARNING CONSPIRACY THEORY AHEAD. PUT YOUR HEAD BETWEEN YOUR LEGS AND KEEP CALM

        Actually I would be surprised if he did create ISIS, but then again Obama is probably creating their successors this very moment.
        ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

        Comment


        • #5
          Man, GWB was a busy, busy man to have so many of his plans still happening today. No wonder he gets blamed for everything. The man was a psychic genius!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
            Actually I would be surprised if he did create ISIS, but then again Obama is probably creating their successors this very moment.
            Her argument was that they did it unwittingly. That isn't the definition of a conspiracy theory. Most people would agree, probably even avid ideological Bush lovers (probably because this is reality), that the Iraq war was the unintended consequence of ISIS.
            "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              It is always obviously somebody else's fault. How awful if we, including ISIS, actually had to take responsibility for our own actions.
              It would be great if the US (and the respective Western nations supporting it) took responsibility for its role, under Bush and Obama in destabilising both Iraq and Syria, which was key to the rise of ISIS.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                It would be great if the US (and the respective Western nations supporting it) took responsibility for its role, under Bush and Obama in destabilising both Iraq and Syria, which was key to the rise of ISIS.
                Yeah we can't blame the durn terrorists can we?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                  It would be great if the US (and the respective Western nations supporting it) took responsibility for its role, under Bush and Obama in destabilising both Iraq and Syria, which was key to the rise of ISIS.
                  Personally, I wouldn't blame Bush or Obama, I'd actually blame our US military. Talk about taboo

                  It was US military that accidentally opened the door to ISIS, and then it was US military that accidentally supplied ISIS with more weapons.
                  "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Personally, I blame Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and his close buddies. Bush and Obama made conditions much easier for ISIS to come about, but the conditions didn't inevitably lead to ISIS. The ISIS leaders took advantage of the environment.
                    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                      Personally, I blame Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and his close buddies. Bush and Obama made conditions much easier for ISIS to come about, but the conditions didn't inevitably lead to ISIS. The ISIS leaders took advantage of the environment.
                      I blame Mohammed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Yeah we can't blame the durn terrorists can we?
                        Why should there be a dichotomy?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                          Why should there be a dichotomy?
                          Because something had to be done about Iraq and Saddam. His government was as bad as ISIS would be if they get in power. You don't blame the police for cleaning up a corrupt neighborhood when a new gang moves in 10 or 20 years later. Our military tried to help set up a local fair government. ISIS is just a bunch of terrorist that moved into the area and started killing everyone, including their own people. They are rabid dogs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Because something had to be done about Iraq and Saddam. His government was as bad as ISIS would be if they get in power. You don't blame the police for cleaning up a corrupt neighborhood when a new gang moves in 10 or 20 years later. Our military tried to help set up a local fair government. ISIS is just a bunch of terrorist that moved into the area and started killing everyone, including their own people. They are rabid dogs.
                            that.gif
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Because something had to be done about Iraq and Saddam.

                              Observe: originally the rationale was that Saddam was amassing WMDs. After the illegal invasion this was found to be false so all the post hoc excuse "democracy!!!", "Saddam was a dirtbag" etc etc.

                              Nothing had to be done, but a need is manufactured to avoid all responsibility whatsoever.

                              His government was as bad as ISIS would be if they get in power.

                              Isis isn't in power over all of Iraq, and already things are much worse.

                              You don't blame the police for cleaning up a corrupt neighborhood when a new gang moves in 10 or 20 years later.
                              The analogy does not hold up, not least because the US is not the global police.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Bill the Cat, Today, 02:47 PM
                              1 response
                              15 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Thoughtful Monk, Today, 10:59 AM
                              27 responses
                              85 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post thormas
                              by thormas
                               
                              Started by Ronson, 11-21-2020, 09:47 PM
                              46 responses
                              284 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post shunyadragon  
                              Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, 11-21-2020, 11:46 AM
                              63 responses
                              398 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, 11-21-2020, 09:34 AM
                              43 responses
                              229 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bill the Cat  
                              Working...
                              X