Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Boys dressing as Girls can join Girl Scouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AOG has it's alternative as well...it's called Royal Rangers

RR_Header_Mentoring_Future_men.jpg

The Royal Rangers Pledge:

With God’s help, I will do my best to serve God, my church, and my fellowman; to live by the Ranger Code; to make the Golden Rule my daily rule.
    The Royal Rangers Code

A Royal Ranger is:
    • ALERT - He is mentally, physically, and spiritually alert.
    • CLEAN - He is clean in body, mind, and speech.
    • HONEST - He does not lie, cheat, or steal.
    • COURAGEOUS - He is brave in spite of danger, criticism, or threats.
    • LOYAL - He is faithful to his church, family, outpost, and friends.
    • COURTEOUS - He is polite, kind, and thoughtful.
    • OBEDIENT - He obeys his parents, leaders, and those in authority.
    • SPIRITUAL - He prays, reads his Bible, and witneses.

The Royal Rangers Motto

“Ready”
    Meaning of Motto: Ready for anything! Ready to work, play, serve, worship, live, and obey God’s Word.
    The Royal Rangers Emblem

The design of the Royal Rangers Emblem is based on the points of a compass. This is to remind us to direct our attention toward Jesus. The colors of the points have the following meaning:
    • The four GOLD points represent the four ways a boy grows. The Royal Rangers program has been designed to help boys grow mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially, following the example of Jesus Christ in Luke 2:52.
    • The four RED points represent the four core beliefs of the Church: Salvation, Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Divine Healing, and the Second Coming.
    • The eight BLUE points represent the eight points of the Royal Rangers Code: Alert, Clean, Honest, Courageous, Loyal, Courteous, Obedient, and Spiritual.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      The AOG has it's alternative as well...it's called Royal Rangers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6522[/ATTACH]

The Royal Rangers Pledge:

With God’s help, I will do my best to serve God, my church, and my fellowman; to live by the Ranger Code; to make the Golden Rule my daily rule.
      The Royal Rangers Code

A Royal Ranger is:
      • ALERT - He is mentally, physically, and spiritually alert.
      • CLEAN - He is clean in body, mind, and speech.
      • HONEST - He does not lie, cheat, or steal.
      • COURAGEOUS - He is brave in spite of danger, criticism, or threats.
      • LOYAL - He is faithful to his church, family, outpost, and friends.
      • COURTEOUS - He is polite, kind, and thoughtful.
      • OBEDIENT - He obeys his parents, leaders, and those in authority.
      • SPIRITUAL - He prays, reads his Bible, and witneses.

The Royal Rangers Motto

“Ready”
      Meaning of Motto: Ready for anything! Ready to work, play, serve, worship, live, and obey God’s Word.
      The Royal Rangers Emblem

The design of the Royal Rangers Emblem is based on the points of a compass. This is to remind us to direct our attention toward Jesus. The colors of the points have the following meaning:
      • The four GOLD points represent the four ways a boy grows. The Royal Rangers program has been designed to help boys grow mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially, following the example of Jesus Christ in Luke 2:52.
      • The four RED points represent the four core beliefs of the Church: Salvation, Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Divine Healing, and the Second Coming.
      • The eight BLUE points represent the eight points of the Royal Rangers Code: Alert, Clean, Honest, Courageous, Loyal, Courteous, Obedient, and Spiritual.
      Yup!

The Southern Baptists have had Royal Ambassadors for AGES.....

RA Logo 4C for web.jpg

Royal Ambassadors (RAs) is a Bible-centered, church-based, Southern Baptist missions education organization for boys in grades 1-6.

History: Begun in 1908, RAs has a rich heritage of providing missions education for boys. As then national WMU President Fannie E. S. Heck declared: “Save the boys for their own sakes and for the future of the gospel.” RAs and their leaders have been about that task for over 100 years.

The RA Motto (which has never changed), "We are Ambassadors for Christ," not only gives the organization its name, but also gives the boys and leaders a lifestyle goal. This Motto is taken from Scripture, specifically 2 Corinthians 5:20.

The RA Pledge: You can download a PDF of the RA Pledge here.

The RA Scripture passage (2 Corinthians 5:17-20) describes the purpose of Royal Ambassadors:

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. Now everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed the message of reconciliation to us. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ; certain that God is appealing through us, we plead on Christ's behalf, 'Be reconciled to God.'" (2 Cor. 5:17-20, HCSB)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They are all going to eventually get sued. Sadly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          They are all going to eventually get sued. Sadly.
          Which is why we need the "Pastor/Church Protection Bill" and recognition of Religious Liberty.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And to return the standing procedures to sanity.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment