Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stop your whinging why the Left are such bad losers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stop your whinging why the Left are such bad losers

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ad-losers.html

    Originally posted by Telegraph
    Less than 24 hours later, anti-Tory protestors had desecrated the Women of World War Two memorial on Whitehall. “Edited by a Moderator Tory Scum” was the charming note left in red graffiti. Laurie Penny, a darling of the Left, tweeted that she didn’t have a problem with the vandalism – she argued that the real vandals were sitting in Downing Street, breaking up the welfare state.
    As you all know we are just after an election here in the UK. It was a resounding Conservative victory with a majority and they have 99 seats more than their closet opponents Labour. I did not vote this election as firstly I did not feel that any of the parties represented what I wanted and secondly I am up in Glasgow just now for a while my vote is down in England anyway, so didn't have the opportunity.

    Labours loss in my opinion comes down to their shocking image. Their personalities are unbelievably rotten. I think people here voted for Conservatives not because they liked them but because they consider them the lesser of two evils. My fears were further confirmed afterwards when protesters took to protest outside the Conservative HQ after the result. Yep, that's right. They protested against what other people voted for and protested against their democratic right to vote for a party of their choosing. This is unbelievable.

    Understand that I grew up in Scotland and I have hated the Conservatives in the UK all my life because of their past performance in regards to Scotland. However this has got me thinking that next time I should vote Conservative because there is no way I want THIS Labour party TO EVER become a government. Unless something in the Labour party seriously changes then I am not going to change my opinion.

    Moderated By: QuantaFille

    No profanity, not even in quotes.

    ***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

    Last edited by QuantaFille; 05-14-2015, 08:41 AM.
    ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

  • #2
    Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
    I have hated the Conservatives in the UK all my life because of their past performance in regards to Scotland.
    Vote UKIP.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      Vote UKIP.
      My point was I would tactically vote Conservative to stop Labour from getting in. I don't think UKIP are popular enough. There was a party called Justice for men and Boys who looked interesting but they only had candidates in two areas.
      ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

        Understand that I grew up in Scotland and I have hated the Conservatives in the UK all my life because of their past performance in regards to Scotland. However this has got me thinking that next time I should vote Conservative because there is no way I want THIS Labour party TO EVER become a government. Unless something in the Labour party seriously changes then I am not going to change my opinion.

        I have been to Scotland, my favorite European country - by far. And didn't the Scotland Independence Party (I think that was the name) also win big?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
          I don't think UKIP are popular enough.
          Give it time. The immigrant situation can only get worse.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by seer View Post
            I have been to Scotland, my favorite European country - by far. And didn't the Scotland Independence Party (I think that was the name) also win big?
            The Scottish National Party and yes they gained 40 seats. So they now have 56 out of the 59 seats in Scotland. It was a massive landslide. The thing is though they are a party towards the left really. I think they won big because as I mentioned before both Labour or Conservatives aren't actually any good. At least from a liberal perspective the SNP look OK.
            ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Paprika View Post
              Give it time. The immigrant situation can only get worse.
              Actually I have a suspicion that a lot of the immigrants coming over are actually voting for Conservatives. The reason why I suspect this is because the biggest Conservative areas tend to be south of England, like in London. I'm pretty sure that London actually has a high immigrant population. If true it would be funny as it means Labour has been shooting themselves in the foot all these years by supporting a pretty open door policy.
              ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

              Comment


              • #8
                With proportional representation, UKIP would have gained WAY more seats. They had 4,000,000 votes and received a single seat. The Green party had just over a million and they too have a single MP. The SNP had 1,500,000 votes and gained 56 seats (although they were only running for Scottish seats, as one might have guessed.) As it stands the 'conservatives' over here are just like the republican party in the US. They pay lip service to right-wing economics, but are really pro-big government, pro-big business authoritarians who favour the combination of business and state, and are perfectly content to erode our civil liberties. Case in point: they want to abolish the human rights act, and think that the government should interfere in people's private lives. It's simply plain old fascism. Which make the left blaming everything on 'capitalism' all the more hilarious. The only thing they have going for them is they now want out of the EU, want to scrap the TV licence, and won't destroy the economy as quickly as labour would have.

                UKIP are the only party that seemingly has genuinely right-wing economic policies, but, unfortunately, just seem to be increasingly pandering to the centre and left by claiming to 'support our NHS' by promising an extra £3 billion in funding. They also seemingly want to appease the war hawk neo cons by claiming we need to protect British interests overseas, in a typically vague way that could literally mean anything. The only interests we have military are in protecting us from aggressors (yes, I'm looking at you Argentina.) If they limited their support of the military simply to protection of Britain and British territory, I'd be fine with that, however. The good news is that they want out of the EU, and a lot of their economic policies do make sense. UKIP would have done better, but, didn't have very good PR, and were the subject of a major media smear campaign.

                The labour party is basically the same as the US democrat party. Economically illiterate, politically correct social justice warriors who want to blow all our money on stupid schemes and blame capitalism when everything goes to pot. They lost a lot of voters this time round I suspect because they toned down their pavlovian crypto-socialist rhetoric to try and make them seem more reasonable, but their hardcore leftist voters bought and it and rejected them. They also alienated a lot of their more reasonable electorate with their stance on immigration and because they want to criminalise 'Islamophobia.' The liberal democrats were massacred because they betrayed their entire voter base by going back on literally every promise they made in the 2010. They're essentially a less authoritarian hippy version of labour. The Greens are like the liberal democrats, but are outright socialists. Their proposed economic policies are worse than even those of the labour party. The SNP are lefties too, but their victory in Scotland is what cost labour their victory. If Scotland go independent, then this should hopefully keep labour from getting re-elected for a very long time.
                My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

                Comment


                • #9
                  As a side note, I think it is hilarious that delusional leftists like Laurie Penny thinks that WWII soldiers fought for 'the welfare state and the NHS.' Yeah. Something tells me your 'nana' would be very unimpressed with your support of desecrating war memorials.
                  My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

                    Moderated By: QuantaFille

                    No profanity, not even in quotes.

                    ***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

                    My apologies for this. I totally forgot that swear words were not allowed even when using asterisks'.
                    ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                      With proportional representation, UKIP would have gained WAY more seats. They had 4,000,000 votes and received a single seat. The Green party had just over a million and they too have a single MP. The SNP had 1,500,000 votes and gained 56 seats (although they were only running for Scottish seats, as one might have guessed.) As it stands the 'conservatives' over here are just like the republican party in the US. They pay lip service to right-wing economics, but are really pro-big government, pro-big business authoritarians who favour the combination of business and state, and are perfectly content to erode our civil liberties. Case in point: they want to abolish the human rights act, and think that the government should interfere in people's private lives. It's simply plain old fascism. Which make the left blaming everything on 'capitalism' all the more hilarious. The only thing they have going for them is they now want out of the EU, want to scrap the TV licence, and won't destroy the economy as quickly as labour would have.

                      UKIP are the only party that seemingly has genuinely right-wing economic policies, but, unfortunately, just seem to be increasingly pandering to the centre and left by claiming to 'support our NHS' by promising an extra £3 billion in funding. They also seemingly want to appease the war hawk neo cons by claiming we need to protect British interests overseas, in a typically vague way that could literally mean anything. The only interests we have military are in protecting us from aggressors (yes, I'm looking at you Argentina.) If they limited their support of the military simply to protection of Britain and British territory, I'd be fine with that, however. The good news is that they want out of the EU, and a lot of their economic policies do make sense. UKIP would have done better, but, didn't have very good PR, and were the subject of a major media smear campaign.

                      The labour party is basically the same as the US democrat party. Economically illiterate, politically correct social justice warriors who want to blow all our money on stupid schemes and blame capitalism when everything goes to pot. They lost a lot of voters this time round I suspect because they toned down their pavlovian crypto-socialist rhetoric to try and make them seem more reasonable, but their hardcore leftist voters bought and it and rejected them. They also alienated a lot of their more reasonable electorate with their stance on immigration and because they want to criminalise 'Islamophobia.' The liberal democrats were massacred because they betrayed their entire voter base by going back on literally every promise they made in the 2010. They're essentially a less authoritarian hippy version of labour. The Greens are like the liberal democrats, but are outright socialists. Their proposed economic policies are worse than even those of the labour party. The SNP are lefties too, but their victory in Scotland is what cost labour their victory. If Scotland go independent, then this should hopefully keep labour from getting re-elected for a very long time.
                      Just one challenge really. In terms of funding the NHS I think this is something that most voters here are going to want. So I don't think it was unwise of UKIP to have a policy stating they would provide funds for it. It's just them trying to win the votes.
                      ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                        Just one challenge really. In terms of funding the NHS I think this is something that most voters here are going to want. So I don't think it was unwise of UKIP to have a policy stating they would provide funds for it. It's just them trying to win the votes.
                        Indeed. Because people in the UK are trained dogs. Every time the NHS comes under fire for being crappy, burdensome, and bursting at the seams, the voting public come out in droves all barking that the NHS is the "envy of the world" even though it is second rate.
                        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                          Labours loss in my opinion comes down to their shocking image. Their personalities are unbelievably rotten.
                          I recall seeing a large study which concluded that in western democracies 85% of people cast their votes based on the persona of the party leaders and a very vague idea of what the party is about. Only 15% of people actually pay attention to actual policies or make any sort of informed voting decision based on actual issues. That would back up your assessment of why Labour lost by so much.

                          But, the other general consequence of that, is that those 15% of people who are clued-in on the actual issues, might distribute their votes quite differently to the rest of the population. If a party with terrible policies has a popular leader (or conversely, a party with good policies has a terrible leader), the 85% of people who vote on personality of leader will tend to distribute their votes in an opposite manner to the 15% who vote on policies. The consequence of this is that the wrong party might win, over and over again. People in the 15% group may start to get really really angry, because those are people who are informed about and care about the issues facing the country, and the elected politicians may be doing terrible things and following terrible policies.

                          So I can understand the current climate in the UK. Because, for example, if you did a national poll as to what people think should happen to the NHS, I suspect the results would come back overwhelmingly that the vast majority think the government should fund it more and that it should never ever ever be privatized. But that is not what the 85% of people saw themselves as voting on in the election - they largely saw themselves as voting about who they preferred as prime minister. So the 15% of politically interested people are now getting worked up into a frenzy over the fact that the democratically elected government is not following the will on the people on some very basic policy issues.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                            Indeed. Because people in the UK are trained dogs. Every time the NHS comes under fire for being crappy, burdensome, and bursting at the seams, the voting public come out in droves all barking that the NHS is the "envy of the world" even though it is second rate.
                            I think those people just ask for more investment really. It was the envy of a lot of nations in the past. It's the reason why Sweden now has one. They copied us in that regard. Whether or not we are better off with or without I don't know. However they recently opened the new hospital in Glasgow and it's actually pretty good really in terms of what it looks like, of course I know that doesn't do nothing for the service provided.
                            ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Libertardians have pretty much lost the healthcare battle and the harder they get trounced the louder they scream that they've been right all along.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

                              There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mountain Man, Today, 09:34 AM
                              4 responses
                              31 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 07:13 AM
                              11 responses
                              89 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                              Started by shunyadragon, 12-02-2020, 10:50 PM
                              40 responses
                              250 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Starlight  
                              Started by rogue06, 12-02-2020, 08:47 AM
                              5 responses
                              58 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Started by LiconaFan97, 12-01-2020, 11:56 PM
                              51 responses
                              325 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Working...
                              X