Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Avengers Director Joss Whedon is Feminism’s Battered Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avengers Director Joss Whedon is Feminism’s Battered Wife

Even at that it is normal for men to want to start families, so it's not even getting women to behave like men.
    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Like the battered wife par excellence he seems to be suffering from both cognitive dissonance and Stockholm Syndrome, and is denying that radical feminists drove him from Twitter? Why? Well, despite all the evidence to the contrary, it wasn't the radfems because Anita Sarkeesian called him to make sure that he was okay. No, seriously. That's it. He claims he wanted to focus on 'other things' but, at this point, it is obviously just a PR move on his part to try and save face.
    My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
      Like the battered wife par excellence he seems to be suffering from both cognitive dissonance and Stockholm Syndrome, and is denying that radical feminists drove him from Twitter? Why? Well, despite all the evidence to the contrary, it wasn't the radfems because Anita Sarkeesian called him to make sure that he was okay. No, seriously. That's it. He claims he wanted to focus on 'other things' but, at this point, it is obviously just a PR move on his part to try and save face.
      How appropriate you should reply. It was your wall on facebook that I nicked this from.
      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

I did notice that whenever Avengers 2 had an opportunity to make a smarmy or inane liberal point, it went for an explosion, beam shooting, punching, or Whedon banter instead. This made it a far better movie that it could have been if simply made on liberal autopilot.

Also, feel free to add Jeremy Renner to the short list of gays who take the right attitude to homosexuality-spend most of their screen time in the movie talking about the importance of family and other human connections as the only way any super-powered individuals can avoid going insane (i.e., exactly the opposite of the X-men ethos, and I'm very happy to see Disney take great pains to hermetically seal off that legacy in this movie, going far above and beyond any legal justifications to do so.)

Comment