Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rape Culture: Why Yes can mean No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    Well, to be fair (and to expound on my earlier point):

Despite the SJW victimhood culture there are many people, both male and female, who are burnt by sexual liberalisation. And for a large proportion it's not really their fault since because all the preexisting safety rails have been destroyed; there just are no safeguards to protect these young people from their own hormones and the many dangers that have been unleashed due to sexual deregulation, especially when the zeitgeist of the past decades has been insistent that the more sex the better.
    Remember, when feminists say that they're pro-choice and anti-patriarchy, the proper response is not to say you're pro-life, but to be anti-choice and pro-patriarchy. A pro-life population is only downstream from one that respects the natural affections of women and the natural leadership of men. One that doesn't inspires disconnection and nihilism.

Comment

Despite the SJW victimhood culture there are many people, both male and female, who are burnt by sexual liberalisation. And for a large proportion it's not really their fault since because all the preexisting safety rails have been destroyed; there just are no safeguards to protect these young people from their own hormones and the many dangers that have been unleashed due to sexual deregulation, especially when the zeitgeist of the past decades has been insistent that the more sex the better.
      yep. And the ironic thing is, the whole "free love" movement was started by feminists.

This woman probably truly didn't want to have sex and could not say no, and had the sex anyway. But there is no way she can blame the man for taking her at her word, especially considering she actively participated in the act and didn't give any indication she was not interested.

Comment

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          yep. And the ironic thing is, the whole "free love" movement was started by feminists.

This woman probably truly didn't want to have sex and could not say no, and had the sex anyway. But there is no way she can blame the man for taking her at her word, especially considering she actively participated in the act and didn't give any indication she was not interested.
          There are also instances of malice and deliberate lying when it comes to false rape allegations. Look up Brian Banks and his story. He was falsely accused of rape so the woman could sue the university for money for an "unsafe environment" and she also won a ton of money. When she admitted that she lied so she could this Brian Banks earned back his freedom after 5 years in jail and now the University want their money back, which I believe they won the case but I don't think she had it anymore in order to pay it back.
          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Any liberals care to define "rape culture"?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              Any liberals care to define "rape culture"?
              That vibe you get from the hip-hop videos?

Comment

To be fair, women will sometimes say "yes" when they'd rather not, and "no" sometimes means "try harder, and I'll say yes." (IIRC it was a woman speaker in my college fellowship who said that).

Even if "yes" means "no," it's hardly fair to characterize it as rape. It's sort of absurd to expect people in the grip of raging hormones to turn it off because of ambiguity, or the woman chose to drink alcohol.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  To be fair, women will sometimes say "yes" when they'd rather not, and "no" sometimes means "try harder, and I'll say yes." (IIRC it was a woman speaker in my college fellowship who said that).

Even if "yes" means "no," it's hardly fair to characterize it as rape. It's sort of absurd to expect people in the grip of raging hormones to turn it off because of ambiguity, or the woman chose to drink alcohol.
                  Eventually it will be fear that stops men from interacting from women in those situations. They will simply choose to stay away and not even try because they are afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                    Remember, when feminists say that they're pro-choice and anti-patriarchy, the proper response is not to say you're pro-life, but to be anti-choice and pro-patriarchy. A pro-life population is only downstream from one that respects the natural affections of women and the natural leadership of men. One that doesn't inspires disconnection and nihilism.
                    The term pro-choice is just a less nasty sounding way of saying pro-abortion. When we respond with pro-life we just open up all sorts of garbage that is not relevant to the question. I never claim to be pro-life, I am always anti-abortion. And when the "patriarchy" swallows the stupidity that feminists put forth they have already lost.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

So no means no, and yes means no. sometimes, depending on who is saying it and what they feel like at the moment. or later.

What men need is an iron clad contract witnessed by lawyers on both sides, before having casual sex.

Or they could just follow the advice God gives in the bible and not put themselves in the situation in the first place.

Comment

So no means no, and yes means no. sometimes, depending on who is saying it and what they feel like at the moment. or later.
                        And 50 shades of Gray teaches us that sometimes no means yes.

What men need is an iron clad contract witnessed by lawyers on both sides, before having casual sex.
                        I don't think it will work effectively, even pre-nups are thrown out of court because they were "signed under duress" or whatever liberal garbage speak you want to put in it's place.

Or they could just follow the advice God gives in the bible and not put themselves in the situation in the first place.
                        You did see Darth Executors link on marriage rape didn't you?

Comment

Now you're just victim-blaming.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Education^3. Teach girls and boys that being assertive is a good thing. Teach teens and young adults that one should be 100% sure that they want to have sex before consenting to it. And the person asking needs to make sure they don't come off as coercive.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

This is one of those things I don't really get about the left-wing. They ignore how humans have socialized with one another since the beginning. We have always (and will always) communicate with one another by bodily emotions, not just words. Before speech, this is how humans communicated where procreation is concerned. Now it seems this simple human form of communication has become overly complicated and political. Makes no sense to me.
                              "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                                This is one of those things I don't really get about the left-wing. They ignore how humans have socialized with one another since the beginning. We have always (and will always) communicate with one another by bodily emotions, not just words. Before speech, this is how humans communicated where procreation is concerned. Now it seems this simple human form of communication has become overly complicated and political. Makes no sense to me.
                                Like I said before, it's not about making sense. It's about power and money. Your every day run of the mill feminists don't realise this and they don't see that it is the feminist organisations really pushing the agenda.

You want to know why they have a slut walk because some cop in Canada says something they don't like but they do nothing about legalising rape in Iraq? It's because there is no money nor power from advocating the latter issue.

Comment