Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Where is the protest?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where is the protest?

    http://wtvr.com/2015/05/04/99-goon-s...n-quick-trial/

    Men, women kidnapped and killed police officer to get into Virginia gang, prosecutors argue

    quick-suspects.jpeg

    Members of a street gang accused of abducting and murdering a reserve Waynesboro police officer are scheduled to go to trial in a Charlottesville courtroom Monday. Jury selection for members of the “99 Goon Syndicate” begins at 9 a.m. in Western District Federal Court.

    The six men and women were arrested after reserve Waynesboro police officer Capt. Kevin Quick’s body was found in February 2014 in a rural, timbered area near the Goochland County line. Prosecutors said four members of the gang kidnapped and murdered Quick “for the purpose of gaining entrance to and maintaining and increasing position in the enterprise, an enterprise engaged in racketeering activity,” according to the federal indictment. The indictment spelled out a crime spree the gang carried out over the two years prior to Quick’s death.


    missingcapt.jpg
    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    Stephen R. Donaldson

  • #2
    So, they don't even claim that he was racist or oppressive or.....
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      members of the “99 Goon Syndicate”
      Hopefully this incident spells the end of Reddit.
      Last edited by Darth Executor; 05-06-2015, 06:29 AM.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

      There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

      Comment


      • #4
        There may be legal arguments that, yes, they call themselves a gang, but in reality, this is what’s required under the RICO statute, the defense is going to argue they may not meet those requirements.
        I'm curious what semantic wizardry the defense will come up for this.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Members of a street gang accused of abducting and murdering a reserve Waynesboro police officer are scheduled to go to trial in a Charlottesville courtroom Monday. Jury selection for members of the “99 Goon Syndicate” begins at 9 a.m. in Western District Federal Court.

          The six men and women were arrested after reserve Waynesboro police officer Capt. Kevin Quick’s body was found in February 2014 in a rural, timbered area near the Goochland County line. Prosecutors said four members of the gang kidnapped and murdered Quick “for the purpose of gaining entrance to and maintaining and increasing position in the enterprise, an enterprise engaged in racketeering activity,” according to the federal indictment. The indictment spelled out a crime spree the gang carried out over the two years prior to Quick’s death.
          The bolded part reveals the answer. Those suspects have been arrested and are about to be tried. The justice system so far is operating just as it's supposed to, and if those suspects really killed Officer Quick, it appears that they'll be rightly punished. Whereas the people in Baltimore and other cities were protesting because they perceived that the justice system was NOT operating correctly. That the officers were going to get away with killing innocent people. You might've heard that the people in Baltimore celebrated and the riots stopped after it was announced that the six officers in the Freddie Gray incident will face charges.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

          I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fm93 View Post
            The bolded part reveals the answer. Those suspects have been arrested and are about to be tried. The justice system so far is operating just as it's supposed to, and if those suspects really killed Officer Quick, it appears that they'll be rightly punished. Whereas the people in Baltimore and other cities were protesting because they perceived that the justice system was NOT operating correctly. That the officers were going to get away with killing innocent people. You might've heard that the people in Baltimore celebrated and the riots stopped after it was announced that the six officers in the Freddie Gray incident will face charges.
            The protests in Baltimore and Ferguson were because a black kid was shot by a white cop. When the suspects in Baltimore were revealed and half of them were black, the rhetoric suddenly changed. There was no outrage that a white cop was killed by black criminals in Officer Quick's murder. There was NO comment by the right reverends Jackson and Sharpton decrying this senseless murder. There was no riot and looting in Charlottesville because Quick was white. One simply does not steal from a liquor store because justice supposedly isn't being served in a murder investigation.
            That's what
            - She

            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            Stephen R. Donaldson

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Hopefully this incident spells the end of Reddit.
              Goons aren't reddit, but the SomethingAwful forum members, which have always had a higher active criminal population due to its forums being subscriber-only and among the first to be taken over by transsexuals and the SJW brigade.

              Much like the people in the OP, the forum is really too disgusting and pitiful to talk about at length, and decent people will feel the urge to end any conversation with its members with an axe very keenly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                The protests in Baltimore and Ferguson were because a black kid was shot by a white cop. When the suspects in Baltimore were revealed and half of them were black, the rhetoric suddenly changed. There was no outrage that a white cop was killed by black criminals in Officer Quick's murder. There was NO comment by the right reverends Jackson and Sharpton decrying this senseless murder. There was no riot and looting in Charlottesville because Quick was white. One simply does not steal from a liquor store because justice supposedly isn't being served in a murder investigation.
                Yeah I find it strange that they don't riot and protest at say, police headquarters. Instead what happens is just a mob intent on destroying their own neighborhood and looting big screen TVs and booze. It is an opportunity to grab stuff for themselves, they don't give a crap about justice.

                Reminds me of that movie "the purge"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                  Goons aren't reddit, but the SomethingAwful forum members, which have always had a higher active criminal population due to its forums being subscriber-only and among the first to be taken over by transsexuals and the SJW brigade.

                  Much like the people in the OP, the forum is really too disgusting and pitiful to talk about at length, and decent people will feel the urge to end any conversation with its members with an axe very keenly.
                  :frogout:
                  "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    The protests in Baltimore and Ferguson were because a black kid was shot by a white cop.
                    And because they were afraid that the cops would get away with it.

                    When the suspects in Baltimore were revealed and half of them were black, the rhetoric suddenly changed.
                    I only heard rhetoric about the police system, nothing about the race of the cops.

                    There was no outrage that a white cop was killed by black criminals in Officer Quick's murder.
                    I'm not sure just what the relevance of this is.

                    There was NO comment by the right reverends Jackson and Sharpton decrying this senseless murder.
                    I'm not sure why some posters so frequently evoke those names--I don't pay enough attention to them to know what they're saying--but are they for some reason supposed to decry all these murders?

                    There was no riot and looting in Charlottesville because Quick was white.
                    Because at no point has the white community been given any reason to believe that the justice system will fail them or betray them--they have no perceived reason to riot.

                    One simply does not steal from a liquor store because justice supposedly isn't being served in a murder investigation.
                    I agree. The looters shouldn't be conflated with the rioters.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

                    I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                      Goons aren't reddit, but the SomethingAwful forum members, which have always had a higher active criminal population due to its forums being subscriber-only and among the first to be taken over by transsexuals and the SJW brigade.

                      Much like the people in the OP, the forum is really too disgusting and pitiful to talk about at length, and decent people will feel the urge to end any conversation with its members with an axe very keenly.
                      Ehhh, I find 4chan to be worse...
                      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                      -Unknown

                      "Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis


                      I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I support the :
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        fm93's explanation makes sense. The riots started largely because of a general fear that nothing would be done, but here the legal mechanisms have already started.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                          Because at no point has the white community been given any reason to believe that the justice system will fail them or betray them--they have no perceived reason to riot.
                          The justice systems fails people of all backgrounds every day.
                          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                            And because they were afraid that the cops would get away with it.


                            I only heard rhetoric about the police system, nothing about the race of the cops.


                            I'm not sure just what the relevance of this is.


                            I'm not sure why some posters so frequently evoke those names--I don't pay enough attention to them to know what they're saying--but are they for some reason supposed to decry all these murders?


                            Because at no point has the white community been given any reason to believe that the justice system will fail them or betray them--they have no perceived reason to riot.


                            I agree. The looters shouldn't be conflated with the rioters.
                            Too many irons in the fire right now. Do you mind if I just drop this?
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                              Ehhh, I find 4chan to be worse...
                              8chan already did, you may as well go there to find any of the talent.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by LiconaFan97, Yesterday, 11:56 PM
                              6 responses
                              19 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Starlight  
                              Started by mikewhitney, Yesterday, 08:39 PM
                              2 responses
                              20 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mikewhitney  
                              Started by Darfius, Yesterday, 02:11 PM
                              3 responses
                              55 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post shunyadragon  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 02:06 PM
                              16 responses
                              76 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post LiconaFan97  
                              Started by rogue06, 11-30-2020, 09:13 AM
                              18 responses
                              146 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Working...
                              X