Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Gaypublican Party: do they stand for anything worthwhile anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    It's hard to tell what the Republican Party's stance on anything (other than money) is anymore, but whatever it is, you can be sure it's a very wide stance:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ay-rights.html

But while the Republican party is always meekly following the Democrats when it comes to the desire of the latter to spread social chaos and degeneracy, they can always be counted on paying Mammon his dues:

There's no poll-tested evil the Republican Party won't support as long as you support cutting the taxes of multinational corporations that hate you:

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...s_freedom.html

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    It's all about the Benjamins...

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Never underestimate the influence of Grover Norquist. If there's a more powerful Republican, I'm not aware of who.
    Clearly he was an outlier:

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Of all people, Rick Santorum might be the last person in the world I'd expect to accept Jenner's claim to be a woman:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rick-san...he-is-a-woman/

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Never underestimate the influence of Grover Norquist. If there's a more powerful Republican, I'm not aware of who.

Leave a comment:

• The Gaypublican Party: do they stand for anything worthwhile anymore?

It's hard to tell what the Republican Party's stance on anything (other than money) is anymore, but whatever it is, you can be sure it's a very wide stance:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ay-rights.html

But, while admitting he's gay and uses Grindr, the public official claimed his private life was revealed as part of a fellow lawmaker's retaliation for his vote against a bill that would afford protections to gays.
    Smith told Forum on Monday that he first recognized Boehning, who he knew by the Grindr handle Top Man!, while reading an April 2 article that pictured all the state's House of Representatives members who voted down an anti-discrimination bill.
    'Suddenly it dawned on me: I think I've seen this guy on Grindr!' Smith told the Washington Post on Wednesday.
    Using the 'an all-male location-based social network' on his phone, Smith retrieved the conversation in question in which Boehning, without solicitation, sent a photo of his penis along with one of his face.
    'I just felt like this story had to get out,' Smith said. '[He] voted against a bill for the LGBT community and here he was talking to me on Grindr.'
    But while the Republican party is always meekly following the Democrats when it comes to the desire of the latter to spread social chaos and degeneracy, they can always be counted on paying Mammon his dues:

There's no poll-tested evil the Republican Party won't support as long as you support cutting the taxes of multinational corporations that hate you:

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...s_freedom.html

IBM's prominent, 800-job facility in downtown Baton Rouge is being built only few blocks away from the Louisiana Capitol, where the legislation will be debated. The company is also expected to bring 400 jobs to Monroe in the northern part of the state.

Driesse's letter, titled "IBM Letter Opposing Louisiana's Marriage and Conscience Act" and published on its website, begins by expressing "strong opposition to HB 707." It was also sent to state Senate President John Alario and House Speaker Charles "Checkley" (sic).

"[A] bill that legally protects discrimination based on same-sex marriage status will create a hostile environment for our current and prospective employees, and is antithetical to our company's values. IBM will find it much harder to attract talent to Louisiana if this bill is passed and enacted into law," Driesse writes in the letter dated April 15.
    But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.