Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Baltimore Burning and Officers Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, this is not Ferguson - here we have a black police commissioner, a black mayor.... but we have the same result. Supposed "Justice" in the form of looting, violence, burning.... But, wait!!! Al Sharpton is on his way to save the day. Everybody remembers how much calmer Ferguson got when he entered the scene, yes?

They need a WHOLE lot of prayer!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
      Was writing an essay about that last night, but if you look at some of the history of misconduct, you can start to understand the response of anger. Baltimore needs prayers, not just for the riots, but for the whole city and against the evil there.
      For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

But those are isolate incidents!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        I don't get it, I was watching this last night, and the cops just stood down. They let it happen.
        Probably because of this...

Listen at 7:25

Source: http://soopermexican.com/2015/04/26/unbelievable-baltimore-mayor-admits-she-ordered-police-to-give-space-for-those-who-wished-to-destroy/

In what is a pretty unbelievable admission, the Mayor of Baltimore Stephanie Rawlings-Blake admitted in a press conference that she gave instructions for police to protect protesters, including “those who wished to destroy,” and to give them some space.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

She is CLEARLY in over her head.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            She is CLEARLY in over her head.
            But she's a very important SYMBOL of black and female empowerment!
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              But she's a very important SYMBOL of black and female empowerment!
              Appearance over substance.

Comment

Black leaders clearly need to speak up and denounce the violence, tell the hoodlums to go home, and assure the people that the problem will be dealt with.

I think they're afraid to say that because they know the looting and rioting won't stop, and they'll look like the fools they are. So they say stupid stuff like, "well, I can understand why people would be angry", which is a green light to chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  When your mom slaps you silly for rioting...

Good parenting here.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    Good parenting here.
                    With signs of poor prior parenting.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      Good parenting here.
                      Where's the daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        I don't get it, I was watching this last night, and the cops just stood down. They let it happen.
                        In an interview that I saw last night with some of members of the city council who were out on the street they said that they asked the police to back off and that they complied.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Source: http://soopermexican.com/2015/04/26/unbelievable-baltimore-mayor-admits-she-ordered-police-to-give-space-for-those-who-wished-to-destroy/

In what is a pretty unbelievable admission, the Mayor of Baltimore Stephanie Rawlings-Blake admitted in a press conference that she gave instructions for police to protect protesters, including “those who wished to destroy,” and to give them some space.

© Copyright Original Source

Today she is blaming the media for deliberately misunderstanding what she "meant."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            With signs of poor prior parenting.
                            Not necessarily. Some good parents can still have kids who are anything but upstanding citizens especially in a culture that celebrates thuggish behavior in its music and movies.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Not necessarily. Some good parents can still have kids who are anything but upstanding citizens especially in a culture that celebrates thuggish behavior in its music and movies.
                              Yes, but parents can still take a stand against it and make that stance clear. Rioting against the police is not exactly a gray area.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Today she is blaming the media for deliberately misunderstanding what she "meant."
                                well you would figure someone who has successfully run for mayor would be able to speak clear English.

Also, why does she seem like she is surrounded by a bunch of black militant thugs?

Comment