Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Woman to win Olympic Gold in Men's Swimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    It's so nice to see everyone in the media applauding the courage of a mentally unstable man's sudden desire to mutilate himself.
    He's a supporter of the GOP and a Christian.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/24/br...d-a-christian/

But we all know just how warmly the GOP and Christians embrace anyone from the LGBT community; we've seen it here in this very thread. So no doubt he’ll be fully accepted into their ranks as a woman.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      He's a supporter of the GOP and a Christian.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/24/br...d-a-christian/

But we all know just how warmly the GOP and Christians embrace anyone from the LGBT community; we've seen it here in this very thread. So no doubt he’ll be fully accepted into their ranks as a woman.
      What do you mean by accept? For years the couple sitting in front of me, in my conservative Church, was a lesbian couple. They were loved and accepted, but their behavior was not, they knew that and were fine with it. We all got along. Really Tass, you can love people without accepting everything they do - you probably practice that ideal in your own life.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post

No, it's the progressives who have problems with a transsexual being a Republican.

#BruceJenner just came out...as a Republican! #ughghgh
        OMG #BruceJenner it is totally a bad thing that you are a Republican I'm sorry. I said it so sorry.
        hi Bruce Jenner. you had me, until you said you were a republican. you're a stupid [censored]
        [censored] Bruce Jenner he a republican!
        (Apologies for lack of link but the progressives love their profanities. Look up the article with the title "‘Tolerant’ Liberals Are VERY ANGRY Bruce Jenner Is A Republican!")

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5998[/ATTACH]

No! You'll be missed.
          So...so wrong.
          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            So...so wrong.
            You're okay!

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
              No, it's the progressives who have problems with a transsexual being a Republican.

(Apologies for lack of link but the progressives love their profanities. Look up the article with the title "‘Tolerant’ Liberals Are VERY ANGRY Bruce Jenner Is A Republican!")
              Even more examples of Liberal Tolerance:

So any sympathy my mother had for Bruce Jenner evaporated once she heard he wasn't a fan of President Obama.
              I was supportive of Her Jenner until he said she was a republican. They hate gays/transgender ppl more than they hate black ppl
              I have no idea how Bruce Jenner is gonna live with himself...
              ...he's a <censored> republican? Really?
              I just found out that Bruce Jenner is a Republican. I'm sorry, but that's just GROSS!
              Are you a Republican?” Sawyer asked. “Yeah, is that a bad thing?” Jenner replied. “I believe in the Constitution.” Right-wing <censored>.
              Bruce Jenner claims to be a transgender republican. What an idiot. Makes as much sense as being a Jewish nazi.
              Jenner is a transsexual who is a staunch Republican if that's not a mental illness what is?
              Ew Bruce Jenner is so gross......he's a freaking republican
              Ew Bruce Jenner, I can't believe you'd admit to that way of life. That's disgusting. I mean...republican?
              #BruceJenner identifies as a Republican. Barf.
              Bruce Jenner comes out ...as a Republican. Now THAT's offensive. This country is going to hell in a hand basket!
              Personally, I'm disgusted that Bruce Jenner is a republican
              Bruce Jenner, I was in your corner all the way. Until you said you were Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                Even more examples of Liberal Tolerance:
                Covetousness is a sin, too.
                To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]5998[/ATTACH]

No! You'll be missed.
                  Did you blatantly rip me off since I posted this yesterday?

If so...smiley beating.gif

I heartily approve.

You have learned much my young padawan. I'll make a rogue of you yet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Did you blatantly rip me off since I posted this yesterday?

If so...[ATTACH=CONFIG]6000[/ATTACH]

I heartily approve.

You have learned much my young padawan. I'll make a rogue of you yet.
                    It was too perfect to pass up.

Comment

Seriously, if the theory is that someone was always the opposite gender and surgery just corrects an error, then that disqualifies Jenner from most all of his wins, Olympic or otherwise.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Seriously, if the theory is that someone was always the opposite gender and surgery just corrects an error, then that disqualifies Jenner from most all of his wins, Olympic or otherwise.
                        On that point, there are people/countries who tend to be rather desperate to win golds at the Olympics. What is stopping men from getting (or having one forced on them if they come from a certain communist country) a sex change to explicitly win gold in the women's categories?
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Forced sex change operations in China? They just might do that....

Comment

A sane voice:

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder....

...He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

“This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption” that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin” person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,” said McHugh.
                            http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...der-sex-change
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                              On that point, there are people/countries who tend to be rather desperate to win golds at the Olympics. What is stopping men from getting (or having one forced on them if they come from a certain communist country) a sex change to explicitly win gold in the women's categories?
                              Its already happening here in the States in the UFC. A transexual named Fallon Fox has been beating the crap out of women with a 5-1 record so far. Joe Rogan, and a number of female fighters have come out against it for the unfair biological advantage that he has, but he claims that the estrogen he consumes puts him on equal footing.

Comment

My Kia just told me it is really a Corvette trapped in an SUV's body.

Comment