Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Woman to win Olympic Gold in Men's Swimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    My Kia just told me it is really a Corvette trapped in an SUV's body.
    That's gonna be some expensive body reassignment surgery.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Its already happening here in the States in the UFC. A transexual named Fallon Fox has been beating the crap out of women with a 5-1 record so far. Joe Rogan, and a number of female fighters have come out against it for the unfair biological advantage that he has, but he claims that the estrogen he consumes puts him on equal footing.

I don't think that's how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I don't think that's how it works.
        I know it isn't.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

UFC should be banned anyway. The early Christians helped end the gladiatorial games and so should we.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Not that I'm a fan of UFC but the difference between UFC and gladiator games which were often intentionally deadly and full of involuntary warriors is like heaven and earth.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Not that I'm a fan of UFC but the difference between UFC and gladiator games which were often intentionally deadly and full of involuntary warriors is like heaven and earth.
              I think we can allow a bit of hyperbole from KG but point taken.

It still needs to go.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???!!!

Comment

This topic is as if a bunch a creationists gathered round to talk about evolution. Lot's of second-hand embarrassment.

Comment

Back in the early 80s, I knew a kid who was taking prescribed hormones and preparing for sexual reassignment surgery. I had recently moved to NYC from the rural Midwest, and the early 80s, so I was totally unprepared for this kind of thing. I was shocked that a doctor would support such a treatment plan. The guy was obviously suffering a great deal. I wonder where he is now. I'm not surprised the suicide rate is high for people who are in this situation. I've heard that there are sometimes hormonal issues during gestation that can contribute to such cases later in life.
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                      Back in the early 80s, I knew a kid who was taking prescribed hormones and preparing for sexual reassignment surgery. I had recently moved to NYC from the rural Midwest, and the early 80s, so I was totally unprepared for this kind of thing. I was shocked that a doctor would support such a treatment plan. The guy was obviously suffering a great deal. I wonder where he is now. I'm not surprised the suicide rate is high for people who are in this situation. I've heard that there are sometimes hormonal issues during gestation that can contribute to such cases later in life.
                      It seems clear that most of these people are just as unhappy, or even more so, after the surgery.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        It seems clear that most of these people are just as unhappy, or even more so, after the surgery.
                        That is why I said I am not surprised by the high suicide rate. I have not seen a comparison between before and after suicide or depression statistics.
                        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          This topic is as if a bunch a creationists gathered round to talk about evolution. Lot's of second-hand embarrassment.
                          Oops. Everybody start taking your hormones, and then you can have a valid opinion on this topic.
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Snipe fail...

cap2.JPG
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Oops. Everybody start taking your hormones, and then you can have a valid opinion on this topic.
                              Or everybody could at least do the most basic amount of research instead of spouting facts one simply presumes to be true.

Comment

Or everybody could at least do the most basic amount of research instead of spouting facts one simply presumes to be true.
                                Physician, heal thyself.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment