Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal Jacobins nominate themselves as guillotine candidates-Wisconsin edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
    I don't know, I seem to recall somebody saying not to murder people, that and the historical happiness that has resulted from a policy of executing one's political opponents be they left or right.
    I'm not sure where you get off from misrepresentation because it's pretty clear in the post #1 that he's calling for the execution of someone who has done certain heinous acts and not political enemies in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      I'm not sure where you get off from misrepresentation because it's pretty clear in the post #1 that he's calling for the execution of someone who has done certain heinous acts and not political enemies in general.
      lol, misrepresentation. Heinous, political acts. Do you think his acts deserve execution? Does current law allow this?

Comment

lol, misrepresentation. Heinous, political acts. Do you think his acts deserve execution?
        Swatting people's homes for frivolous/corrupt reasons deserve execution. If you can't understand why then call 911, tell them you're gonna blow up your apartment with five kids in it and wait, you will be summarily educated.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Re-reading Epo's first post, I note he's calling for the death certain 'enemies' of his point of view. I know it's a just Epo venting but I don't believe a civil community should tolerate calls for death.
          The ones who call in the SWAT teams (which is, of course, a gigantic risk of life and limb to both the people having it called on them and the officers involved) do indeed deserve death if they do so for anything other than clear and present danger or hostage situations where you actually would expect a SWAT team to be standing by. This is neither anger nor hatred calling-I've actually been among those who defended the Wisconsin teachers unions and what they've had to deal with in their day-to-day jobs (SPOILERS: the children of criminal minorities.)

Participating in the death of those reckless and irresponsible people wielding the symbols of power is a simple duty on par with cleaning toilets, shooting rabid dogs or executing spies. Every man worth more than his miserable life ought to be ready to do it himself or pay someone to do it.
          Last edited by Epoetker; 04-22-2015, 03:02 AM.

Comment

lol, misrepresentation. Heinous, political acts. Do you think his acts deserve execution? Does current law allow this?
            I think such abuse of power (if true) should be met with execution, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
              I think such abuse of power (if true) should be met with execution, yes.
              Well, that's your opinion to which you are entitled.

Comment

Well, that's your opinion to which you are entitled.
                No it isn't. It is a duty to which other people, including you, can be deputized to perform, and duly punished for failing to assist in the destruction of a dangerous individual if you refuse.

And in COMPLETELY UNRELATED NEWS, it looks like the man in charge of these SWAT operations, acting prosecutor John Chisholm, now believes that he has the right to lock up the governor for impertinence:

Originally posted by Scott Walker
                They were looking for just about anything. As I pointed out at the time, it was largely a political witch hunt.
                Originally posted by John Chisholm, oxygen thief
                "As to defamatory remarks, I strongly suspect the Iowa criminal code, like Wisconsin's, has provisions for intentionally making false statements intended to harm the reputation of others," Chisholm said in a statement Saturday responding to Walker's comments.
                He just doesn't sound all that repentant to me. Think a team of solid citizens raiding his house at 4am in SWAT gear would change his tune?

Comment