Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

They Will Ruin Our Military!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
    Solid points, Cow Poke. I've been wondering how well women are integrated in the Israeli military.
    Yeah, our tour guide on this last trip to Israel was a Tank Commander TRAINER in the IDF - and she told about a few of the incidents which caused IDF officials to reconsider (to the negative) the use of women in combat roles. The most outstanding thing - mentioned in one of the articles I posted, I think - was that men tended to withdraw from combat when a female was wounded to focus on her, when they would never have done so had it been a man.

The use of "It works for Israel" is simply not a good argument for so many reasons. And since they TRIED it, and discovered the difficulties, it would be wise for us to consider THOSE aspects.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Physical strength isn't as important for the military as it used to be. I think the tests should be more endurance-based than strength-based.
      It is when you're in combat and a woman soldier has to carry a 200+Lbs wounded male soldier back to safety by herself. This is at least my two brothers' concern who are retired military officers.
      Last edited by ikaika777; 04-20-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, our tour guide on this last trip to Israel was a Tank Commander TRAINER in the IDF - and she told about a few of the incidents which caused IDF officials to reconsider (to the negative) the use of women in combat roles. The most outstanding thing - mentioned in one of the articles I posted, I think - was that men tended to withdraw from combat when a female was wounded to focus on her, when they would never have done so had it been a man.

The use of "It works for Israel" is simply not a good argument for so many reasons. And since they TRIED it, and discovered the difficulties, it would be wise for us to consider THOSE aspects.
        I don't see how it's fair to blame women for male soldiers not performing their duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          I don't see how it's fair to blame women for male soldiers not performing their duty.
          This is why liberals should be stripped of all political power.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Down with democracy!

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
              Down with democracy!
              I'd settle for just stripping liberals of political power. You don't need universal suffrage to have democracy.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

And this is why you can't have nice things.

Comment

And this is why you can't have nice things.
                  Like a military that isn't bogged down by the undeserved career ambitions of a handful of manly women and their effeminate servants (no offense)?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Like a military that isn't bogged down by the undeserved career ambitions of a handful of manly women and their effeminate servants (no offense)?
                    Just let me get out of my dress and I'll meet you outside.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      This is both dangerous and stupid...
                      Well, what did you expect, really? The egalitarians have been pushing the boundaries for so long that this was bound to happen.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      The Israeli Army has been effectively integrated by women since the formation of the State of Israel and before with no problems.
                      The Israeli Army actually recently faced existential threats so it actually has to do its best to maintain a functional army. Hence it sensibly takes into account clear data that women cannot generally perform as well as men in combat roles - they also suffer much more injuries due to the loads involved - and that their presence disrupts the necessary cohesiveness of the forces.

The US, on the other hand, is free to make all the insane experiments it wishes.

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

Please, no one is blaming women like “It’s all your fault that the battle was lost because you got injured and the males naturally turned to help you instead of fighting”.

Rather, it was observed that the presence of women tends to be disruptive and hence counterproductive. Which is why so few serve in combat roles in Israel.

Comment

Quick question: Hasn't Seer used up his allocation of exclamation marks in titles? He can't have mine.

Comment

[cite]The fact that the Persian Gulf War has produced calls to allow women on the front lines proves only ... how little Americans really understand combat.”[/cite]

Comment

That depends on what a backpack-full of equipment needs to be. Equipment can be made very light these days.
                            Pray expound.

Comment

Quick question: Hasn't Seer used up his allocation of exclamation marks in titles? He can't have mine.
                              Perhaps, and this is only a theory, he discovered, possibly, that, given the price of punctuation, exclamation marks are on sale somewhere, like when I find a huge batch of commas, and they end up being very inexpensive, thus, can be used freely!!!!!
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps, and this is only a theory, he discovered, possibly, that, given the price of punctuation, exclamation marks are on sale somewhere, like when I find a huge batch of commas, and they end up being very inexpensive, thus, can be used freely!!!!!
                                Yes, I got a bunch on sale at Big Lots.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment