Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

South Bend school field trip causes controversy among some parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Its not racist unless the intent is racist, and I don't believe that to be the case here.

The field trip discriminates on the basis of race, hence it is racist.

Come on, it's not hard at all to admit it.

Comment

Its not racist unless the intent is racist, and I don't believe that to be the case here.
      Explain that first part to mainstream media the next time they start freaking out on a race issue and see how far that gets you.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post

The field trip discriminates on the basis of race, hence it is racist.

Come on, it's not hard at all to admit it.
        You don't know that it was based on race, indeed the explanation given was not due to race per se, it had to do with the mind set of the students. "Statistically black students are less likely to think of college as a possibility." Thats is their stated reasoning, reasoning which you can disagree with if you want, but to call it racist is just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
          Explain that first part to mainstream media the next time they start freaking out on a race issue and see how far that gets you.
          Be specific, else their is nothing to explain.

Comment

If I might explain "there" as opposed to "their" or "they're"..... specifically, you meant "there".

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is a bit circular
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                This is a bit circular
                Not really. If the intent was in helping to solve a particular problem seen within a particular race people that doesn't seem to be a problem in another race, then it is discrimination, but it isn't racist, at least not in the sense that the term is being bandied about here.

Comment

Not really. If the intent was in helping to solve a particular problem seen within a particular race people that doesn't seem to be a problem in another race, then it is discrimination, but it isn't racist, at least not in the sense that the term is being bandied about here.
                  Dear Jim.

The problem, I think, is that you have a preconceived notion of "racism" as something that only whites can do to minorities.

Source: Dictionary.com

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

© Copyright Original Source

Note - the article says USUALLY involving the idea that ones's own race is superior....

Apparently, the organizers of this event recognize that, BASED ON RACE, the youngsters they're addressing have a greater challenge than youngsters of other races.

Being that it's BASED ON RACE, it's racist.

Your buddy,

CP
                  Last edited by Cow Poke; 04-19-2015, 06:29 PM.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They're all going on this trip because they're the black.
                    I don't see how they can make an excuse and say it's not race related.
                    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Darn it another Irony meter factory just went Kaboom.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                        They're all going on this trip because they're the black.
                        I don't see how they can make an excuse and say it's not race related.
                        Because it's perfectly OK to have an organization called "The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People", but liberals would burst into apoplectic tantrums if somebody proposed a "National Association for the Advancement of White People". (OK, they'd call that the KKK)

Comment

So when a black criminal endangers others and gets shot by a white police officer and it is clear the intent was to stop a criminal from doing harm to others. If the mainstream media immediately calls it racism I will see you calling the mainstream media wrong in saying the shooting was due to racism, right JimL
                          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 04-19-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            So when a black criminal endangers others and gets shot by a white police officer when it is clear the intent was to stop a criminal from doing harm to others and the mainstream media immediately calls it racism when I will see you calling the mainstream media wrong in saying the shooting was due to racism. right JimL
                            That's a good point - unless Jim can prove that the officer INTENDED to kill a BLACK person (as opposed to whatever criminal happened to be involved), he should denounce the media's cries of racism!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              If I might explain "there" as opposed to "their" or "they're"..... specifically, you meant "there".

There Their They're.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]5829[/ATTACH]
                                I was beginning to thinks you didn't loves me anymore!

Comment