Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obamacare very successful, but still a long way to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Oh, no. What you had claimed was that the number of newly uninsured was going to top the number of newly insured, that the net uninsured percentage was going to go higher.
    Oh, how wonderful, it's the "You didn't say what you think you said, you said what I think you said!" game. And you, of course, remember my past statements with the utmost accuracy and charity, right?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Required universal health care regardless of form has been the best way you go.
      http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post188397

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        The United States lags behind many other developed nations in infant mortality even when one accounts for the different standards of reporting prior to 24 weeks.
        Sorry, Sam, but your source is pulling the exact same bait-and-switch as every other source that attempts to pillory the US for its infant mortality rates. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison because not all countries have the same standard of reporting.

Then there's this quote, buried at the bottom of the story, that completely undermines the entire premise:

"This report doesn't directly describe what's going on there, but I think it's more about social factors, such as SIDS [sudden infant death syndrome] and injuries. I don't think it's so much about health care but about the environment and raising a child."

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          I understand that ....
          Star, I apologize for needing to cut out of this discussion, but work just picked up to turbo pace, and I may be gone for a week or two from TWeb, so I won't have time to adequately respond.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Sorry, Sam, but your source is pulling the exact same bait-and-switch as every other source that attempts to pillory the US for its infant mortality rates. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison because not all countries have the same standard of reporting.

Then there's this quote, buried at the bottom of the story, that completely undermines the entire premise:

"This report doesn't directly describe what's going on there, but I think it's more about social factors, such as SIDS [sudden infant death syndrome] and injuries. I don't think it's so much about health care but about the environment and raising a child."
            That quote refers only to infant deaths for babies born after 37 weeks. You're continuously cherry-picking apart articles.
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment