Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Please Comment on Rick Scott's Lawsuit Over Hospital Funds and Medicaid Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    JP: Unless you flat out kick him out of the thread, it's difficult to prevent any Civics thread here from Epo finding a way to turn it into a rant against black people, no matter how tenuous the angle.
    Please do substantiate that. There have been plenty of recent threads, including my own, where this has not occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      JP: Unless you flat out kick him out of the thread, it's difficult to prevent any Civics thread here from Epo finding a way to turn it into a rant against black people, no matter how tenuous the angle.
      So I'd heard, but I'd never looked and seen it until recently when I checked this area out.

He may as well start on me too, anyway: I've been designated an "honorary brother" in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        I can't speak to Scott's motives
        Just to add an FYI, he's been against the expansion of Medicaid twice, and for it once.

He ran for his first term on a platform "against" it.

He came out "for" it after his mother died, saying he could not deny the poor medical care in good conscience. He remained "for" it through the last election, though he did nothing about it.

Then he came out "against" again in the last two months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
          The only "shelter" I live in here is constructed of the bricks of a professional researcher, and by standards of the profession, it is amateur wacko junk on the order of, "My Brony Blog."
          Don't spit too hard on your comic fans there.

Oh...excuse me, was that meant to impress me? Er, NOT. Also a loon. That will get you far, a loon recommending a loon.
          I like loons when they make predictions that turn out to come true. That's usually how you discern loons from prophets, or at least men with a degree of wisdom.

Oh, the links will come out all right -- when I'm done with my ebook. At least, those links which still exist. Ricky Scott's kissy boys were so offended by the way I trashed their hero that I ended up banned and all my commentary ended up deleted, from one of the major venues at least. Maybe more since I last checked. You see, that's how loons deal with it when the facts fail them.
          Please, tell me more about getting banned for telling basic truths. I'll be sure to have all sorts of sympathy for you

Then keep your mouth politely shut when I'm doing business here.
          You asked for comments, I gave them. Rick Scott is at very least actively being the enemy of one of my (and your!) much bigger and more destructive enemies, and is taking them on in a way that is both public and at least partially effective.

How presumptively arrogant of you to think it was my FIRST step simply because it is the only thing within your limited mental and visual horizon. Who do you think you're dealing with here, your classmate in VPK?
          Nah, I'm dealing with someone who used to be awesome, and maybe still is...when he stays in his area of expertise.

And a nicely contorted circus position it is! The joke here is that a ham sandwich would have been a better deal than Scott. In real life, Charlie Crist, for all his flaws, would have been a better deal; that is how bad Scott is, how corrupt he is, how ignorant he is. A man so stupid he thought we needed a STUDY to decide if texting while driving was dangerous; a man so dumb he thought a study for the practicality of using rainwater to supply drinking water for prisons was actually a study to decide if it was physically possible to capture rainwater in a bucket.
          I'm hoping these links aren't all super-secret too. While you were talking about that, let's see if Mr. Crist has any deal-breakers in his past:

Fla. Justices: Crist Can`t Reject White Judge Nominees Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:25 PM

Newsmax.com

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The Florida Supreme Court says Gov. Charlie Crist can`t reject an all-white list of appeals court nominees, even though he wants to appoint someone who will make the judiciary more diverse.

The justices unanimously ruled Thursday that the Florida Constitution leaves Crist no choice but to pick one of the six white candidates submitted by a judicial nominating commission.

Crist refused to make an appointment to the Daytona Beach court after the commission refused to give him a more diverse slate. The 10-member court has no black judges.

Crist said he was disappointed by the ruling but respected it.
          That's obviously bad from the perspective of, say, simply hiring the best available people you can get. Do we know anything more that may have more relevance to the present issue?

Crist: Immigration reform can help Social Security, AP, May 13, 2010

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who's running for Senate as an independent, said Friday that providing a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants will help keep Social Security solvent, an idea he favors over his opponent's suggestion to raise the eligibility age for benefits.

Crist told The Associated Press there are as many as 14 million illegal immigrants in the country as part of an underground economy. If they paid into the Social Security system, it would help increase the worker-to-retiree ratio.
          In a normal and sane world, Crist would be facing execution for this bit of malicious public innumeracy in the encouragement of his nation's destruction. Especially if, as you've told me, he supposedly knows better. Guess he had to settle with losing to Marco Rubio.

I'm dealing with him all right, and with miseducated toadstools who think he's "the best" we can get.
          Do not those miseducated toadstools vote, and encourage others to?

Your typical vague, no-substance, irrelevant gibble-gabble, I see. Spare me the patronizing; people like YOU are the source of the problem; Boehner et al are merely the symptoms.
          At some point, you're actually going to give me details on How You Think This World Ought to Be rather than vague and catch-all insults, right????????......

Well, someone like you has to be second, even if you are 100 million miles behind.
          Well you're 200 hojillion miles behind! And your face is stupid! And you fight like a cow!

No, you don't...I do. And because of that, I know your treatment is superficial, jaundiced, and crafted to serve your agenda. Your comments on coding, for example, are so twisted and void of substance as to be laughable. I have the ICD9 roster of books right here in this room with me now. It's a standard reference work -- crafted well enough to avoid any misunderstandings, if you're honest enough; the lack it has, in specificity, is inevitable in a field where knowledge expands so rapidly. So don't try that scam of posturing expertise with me.
          I seem to recall that a Mr. Boxing Pythagoras once tried to claim that his possession of the exact texts of Common Core made him an absolute authority on how it would be carried out in practice by teachers and students in the field, and that the various complaints of parents and teachers regarding its implementation were all just idiots being idiots. He didn't come out of that thread too well

Presumably, you're smarter than he is, on the account of actually being a Christian. Presumably, you're also an authority on why so many doctors went along with it, because you both clicked on and read the links I posted by actual doctors who described the nightmares of trying to comply with the ICD-9 directives the way the regulators wanted while performing effective medicine. My guess was that it was bad enough to negatively affect their performance at their job and the culture at the hospital, and you saw plenty of doctors simply deciding to take early retirement. As was predicted, as if by magic in a merely general sense, by most common medical practitioners with common experience in the field, who perhaps may have had something called 'common sense' or 'a human imagination'.

If I do, your commentary will be first rate for it! And your Mickey Mouse ears will be polished and ready!

But spare me otherwise....the experiment I'm doing here doesn't require that people do research.
          Yes it does. That's why the most valuable commentary was from me (someone who had already had experience working in the health care industry) and Teal (currently works in the health care industry.) Government medical regulation is covert rationing of health care resources by people who have the least possible knowledge of the medical facts on the ground and how they apply.

They supposedly deal only in codes, but they, like the IRS, can prosecute, on the basis of their interpretation of those codes, doctors with much more experience, knowledge, and competence(and never enough time!) for fraud. They are the proverbial slaves ruling kings, and just because you're an INTJ with access to their source books, you think you can hold them up as models. The military also had plenty of excellent source books available for public reading that most units absolutely never enforced or followed to the letter, but found useful as a pretense if they needed to fire somebody. They're bait for the idealists, not operating handbooks. (Though up-and-coming militaries that actually did follow them to the letter would be far more effective in many situations, so long as they avoided most of the recently-added COINTEL chapters.)
          Last edited by Epoetker; 05-03-2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker
            Don't spit too hard on your comic fans there.
            Are your morals so decrepit as to think that's a reason for favoritism? If you paid for a sub, write me; you're getting a refund.

I like loons when they make predictions that turn out to come true. That's usually how you discern loons from prophets, or at least men with a degree of wisdom.
            There's nothing like a vague epistemology that makes fulfillment easy by lowering the bar to the point that even a flea can vault it.

You asked for comments, I gave them.
            Remarks about how bored you are, aren't comments.

Rick Scott is at very least actively being the enemy of one of my (and your!) much bigger and more destructive enemies, and is taking them on in a way that is both public and at least partially effective.
            How amusing that you presume to define "my" enemies for me. But no, sorry, my morals (unlike yours, apparently) are not so decrepit that I am willing to enlist Satan to defeat Pol Pot. Public? Streaking was public, too. As for "partially effective," I'll take the word of an expert over yours any time:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...e20106537.html

At a time when legislative leaders desperately needed intervention to break a budget deadlock, Scott was far from the action — attending political fund-raisers, casting for jobs in California and dedicating a new amusement park ride in Orlando.

“I would rank Scott as the least effective, most incompetent governor in modern Florida history,” said Darryl Paulson, professor emeritus of political science at USF St. Petersburg and a registered Republican who has written about Florida politics for 30 years. “Scott was largely absent from the legislative session. He does not understand the process and he is not highly respected even by Republicans in the Legislature.”
            But perhaps again, your morals are so poor that you DO consider ignorance and apathy to be the right tools for the job.

Nah, I'm dealing with someone who used to be awesome, and maybe still is...when he stays in his area of expertise.
            Which I have made this.

I'm hoping these links aren't all super-secret too.
            No, they are public, though membership may be required to view.

While you were talking about that, let's see if Mr. Crist has any deal-breakers in his past:

Who said a word about "deal breakers"? Those were illustrations of Scott's abject stupidity as a human being. Still, such a person MAY govern, if surrounded by competent advisers, which he is not; and if no other flaws present themselves. In Scott's case, the flaws, the corruption, the deceit, the instances of incompetence, number in the hundreds, and increase daily, as again recorded:

Scott also showed a lack of understanding of the process when it was apparent the House and Senate wouldn’t draft a spending plan by May 1 and he called for a “continuation budget,” similar to what Congress does. Senators pointed out no such provision exists in state law.
            Crist, for all his flaws, would never have made such a stupid statement. Nor are the items you listed anything of relevance. The first is barely more than picayune, and reflective of concerns of ideology, not a lack of basic intelligence, and not indicative of moral corruption. The second is of more importance, but means as much as Crist commenting on Japan's economy; as governor he had nothing to say about it....and please, spare me the links to more loony websites by amateurs, either provide a solid source, or don't bother.

In a normal and sane world, Crist would be facing execution for this bit of malicious public innumeracy in the encouragement of his nation's destruction.
            Hmm, yeah, I'll take you word for it that that's what it would be. A most reliable word from a loon.

Do not those miseducated toadstools vote, and encourage others to?
            Sadly, yes. Right after they commit brain injury on themselves.

At some point, you're actually going to give me details on How You Think This World Ought to Be rather than vague and catch-all insults, right????????......
            If you paid attention, you'd know there's some of that posted in my venues already. It will grow in the next few months.

I seem to recall that a Mr. Boxing Pythagoras once tried to claim that his possession of the exact texts of Common Core made him an absolute authority on how it
            Mr. BP isn't an information scientist evaluating a reference source. I'll assume that a poorly constructed assumption based on an allegedly analogous situation is your only provision for lack of actual argument. I'll also assume, for lack of time, that Mr. BP was actually tarred and feathered as you claim, though the word of a loon isn't of much use in that context.

EDIT: Seeing it was but two pages I checked it. No, you had your backside handed to you, though I expect the Dunning Effect makes you think otherwise.

Presumably, you're also an authority on why so many doctors went along with it, because you both clicked on and read the links I posted by actual doctors who described the nightmares of trying to comply with the ICD-9 directives the way the regulators wanted while performing effective medicine.
            I don't know how to break this to you, but there's a reason why medical coding was something performed by specific persons trained for it. Doctors should not be doing the work. It's because of idiots like Scott trying to save money for their CEO bonuses that professional coders have slowly been phased out.

Nevertheless, the instances of fraud under Scott were such that not even doctors could be excused for them. Try to tell me that a e.g., a doctor doesn't know that advertising and marketing costs aren't something Medicare should pay for. Watch me laugh when you do!

Yes it does.
            No, it doesn't. And how funny that you assume (again) to define my purpose as yet stated.

They are the proverbial slaves ruling kings, and just because you're an INTJ with access to their source books, you think you can hold them up as models.
            Uh...no....I've worked in a medical library...and Mrs H did coding for her job for 8 years. So between our collective intelligence, we know far better than you ever could what a fraud Scott is on this matter. Doctors, again, though, should never have been coding anything, assuming that was indeed the case. If it was, however, Scott is just smart enough (in his wicked way) to know that if he'd had real coders doing the job, they'd never have been able to honestly bulk up his ill-gotten gain. I daresay he might have even known it was to his advantage to lay the burden on overworked doctors.

The kind of person you want in charge? Sad.
            Last edited by jpholding; 05-04-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment