Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Look how tolerant they are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    alternatively ... is there any way I can ignore the entire civics sub-forum?
    Type with your eyes closed.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Come on, wild generalizations based on no evidence...
    ALWAYS start a criticism of others using "wild generalizations" with a whole bunch of wild generalizations.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    You have to ask nicely (in triplicate with a 2000+ words essay on why we should grant it, as well as a position paper on the Ancient of Afternoons), and send in a largish "donation" in unmarked bills to Sparko and then I could consider creating a special group just for you that hides it from you
    Alternatively, there is that minimize button in the upper right corner....

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    This, this, this, a thousand times this. It's gotten to the point where I've contemplated starting threads on current events if only so that they have properly descriptive titles instead of the "BLARGH LIBRULS" I keep seeing.

You have to ask nicely (in triplicate with a 2000+ words essay on why we should grant it, as well as a position paper on the Ancient of Afternoons), and send in a largish "donation" in unmarked bills to Sparko and then I could consider creating a special group just for you that hides it from you

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Come on, wild generalizations based on no evidence are the bread-and-butter of conservative fear-mongering. You've got to allow them their Thing. Obama's a dictator, liberals are racist, and everybody's out to persecute Christians: Well known Truhts. When the community's local graffiti vandal starts including the word "gay" in his random vandalisation of a church that supports gay rights, then you know it's because the Gay Agenda is destroying America. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Obama ordered it too, in between wearing his mom-jeans, giving his latte-salutes, and negotiating with Iran to help them get nukes faster.
    The Left has no room to talk about fearmongering, given the reactions to Indiana's RFRA.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Can we please try to have thread titles try to actually say something about what the thread is about?

I'm not saying this as a moderator; just as a user who finds it confusing to keep so many threads straight with nearly identical titles.
    This, this, this, a thousand times this. It's gotten to the point where I've contemplated starting threads on current events if only so that they have properly descriptive titles instead of the "BLARGH LIBRULS" I keep seeing.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    ... sounds more interesting than "Wild generalizations after random act of vandalism by unknown party"
    Come on, wild generalizations based on no evidence are the bread-and-butter of conservative fear-mongering. You've got to allow them their Thing. Obama's a dictator, liberals are racist, and everybody's out to persecute Christians: Well known Truhts. When the community's local graffiti vandal starts including the word "gay" in his random vandalisation of a church that supports gay rights, then you know it's because the Gay Agenda is destroying America. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Obama ordered it too, in between wearing his mom-jeans, giving his latte-salutes, and negotiating with Iran to help them get nukes faster.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    At least it's spelled correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Can we please try to have thread titles try to actually say something about what the thread is about?

I'm not saying this as a moderator; just as a user who finds it confusing to keep so many threads straight with nearly identical titles.
    At least it's spelled correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied

Gotta have click-bait. Maybe:

"This church building was defiled. You'll never believe the perps' calligraphic skill!"

"Church building smeared with verbal feces — GoFundMe contributors to the rescue!"

"The secret hatred uniting <insert unaffiliated group here> finally exposed in this heinous crime!"

... sounds more interesting than "Wild generalizations after random act of vandalism by unknown party" but Buzzfeed-style wasn't build on journalistic integrity.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Knowing Thomas
    started a topic Look how tolerant they are!

Look how tolerant they are!

http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/04/...mpaign=Journal
    Bales Memorial Wesleyan Church in Jamestown was spray painted, had flowers torn up, parking signs were ripped up and windows were broken.

The church sign was also broken and letters removed and the front entrance to the church was egged and sprayed with silly string.

One spray-painted message on the church door reads, “God loves (expletive)!!! He hates you!” Another said “Gay’s ok!”
    Now only if those evil bigot Indiana pizza makers could show such tolerance towards militant homosexuals. Wouldn't the world be such a better place?