Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Look how tolerant they are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    3455455065_liberal_tolerance_rant.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think it is very telling that when Christians do something that radical liberals and homosexuals don't like, they make a huge deal about it and say "Look how evil and intolerant Christians are" - and when radical liberals and homosexuals do something like this and terrorize Christians, their response is "yeah maybe they went a bit too far, but who can blame them? Christians are so evil and intolerant"
    You are so incredibly intolerant.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I think it is very telling that when Christians do something that radical liberals and homosexuals don't like, they make a huge deal about it and say "Look how evil and intolerant Christians are" - and when radical liberals and homosexuals do something like this and terrorize Christians, their response is "yeah maybe they went a bit too far, but who can blame them? Christians are so evil and intolerant"

Leave a comment:

• fm93
    replied
    It's true that some who support a noble cause such as treating others with kindness and equality regardless of characteristics like sexual orientation (gay rights, if you will) behave shamefully/hypocritically, and that should rightfully be condemned, but threads like these come across as petulant whining and blame-shifting. You're not saying anything constructive or even making an argument for/against anything. You're just looking for an opportunity to spit in the faces of those who support an intellectual position that you disagree with.

Now only if those evil bigot Indiana pizza makers could show such tolerance towards militant homosexuals. Wouldn't the world be such a better place?
    In all likelihood, the people who did this were probably straight people who were overzealous of standing up for gay rights, not gay people themselves. Aside from that, I don't believe the Indiana pizza makers are evil or bigots, and I wouldn't characterize the issue as "tolerance" so much as "basic respect and kindness," but they should, in fact, stop refusing service, because 1) it's a nice thing to do, 2) it's what their pizzeria business by definition is supposed to have them do, and 3) making a few dumb pizzas that other people are going to consume while at a wedding is not tantamount to participating in the wedding. And in fact, the world would be a better place if they did that.

So yeah, basically going "HA! Look at these people who support gay rights and act badly!" is weak and accomplishes nothing. It's also a bit hypocritical itself, since I know I've seen you complain vehemently when Internet atheists flaunt instances of bad behavior from Christians for the sole purpose of mocking Christianity.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
    And ... in the interests of balance I am ashamed to say in my own country:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-1...ue-qld/6399340
    Given past deception by progressives (eg. 'I'll ride with you') one is forced to wonder if this is actually a real attack or self-inflicted just like many of the death threats "received" by SJWs.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    alternatively ... is there any way I can ignore the entire civics sub-forum?
    A long ignore list would help a great deal.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Originally posted by pancreasman View Post

They set the minds of Muslims on fire, they expect that it won't come back to burn them?

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Can we please try to have thread titles try to actually say something about what the thread is about?
    That would be contrary to past practice.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    If you don't think the headline in this OP (to say nothing of the dozens of similar headlines in otherwise credible publications) is sensationalistic fear-mongering, I don't know what to tell you.
    It was extremely clear that the people involved in proposing and writing the bill, and the people with whom the governor signed the bill in the company of, intended the bill primarily to allow discrimination against gay people. Lawyers who examined the text of the bill itself said that the bill was allowing discrimination. All those credible publications you mention got lawyers to look at the bill, and got their fact-checking people to examine who was supporting the bill and why: That's why they all ran the headlines that it was in fact about discrimination against gay people... because it was.

If, at this point, you are still too stupid to acknowledge the basic facts, or you see some giant conspiracy, fine, whatever.

Leave a comment:

• pancreasman
    replied

Fire has seriously damaged a mosque in Toowoomba on Queensland's Darling Downs.

The blaze broke out just before 2:00am (AEST) inside the brick building in West Street in Toowoomba.

Firefighters managed to put it out but it caused significant damage.

Police are treating it as an arson attack and have begun doorknocking homes in the area.

Scenes of crime and forensic police officers are at the scene.

It is the second such attack on the mosque this year.
    Last edited by pancreasman; 04-16-2015, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
    Mind you, I have no problem with a moderate amount of ridicule directed at Indiana.
    Indiana wants me, Lord, I can't go back there.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Boycotting and fear-mongering are not the same thing.
    If you don't think the headline in this OP (to say nothing of the dozens of similar headlines in otherwise credible publications) is sensationalistic fear-mongering, I don't know what to tell you.

Leave a comment:

• Yttrium
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    It went quite a bit beyond boycotting. It was a bad overreaction.

Mind you, I have no problem with a moderate amount of ridicule directed at Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    The Left has no room to talk about fearmongering, given the reactions to Indiana's RFRA.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    alternatively ... is there any way I can ignore the entire civics sub-forum?
    Yeah it's called self control.

Leave a comment: