Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More From The Religion Of Peace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More From The Religion Of Peace!

And don't tell me these are not rank and file Muslims, that this is an aberration. This is indicative of their religion.

Police: Muslims Threw Christians Overboard During Med Voyage

Italy's migration crisis took on a deadly new twist Thursday as police in Sicily reported that Muslim migrants had thrown 12 Christians overboard during a recent crossing from Libya, and aid groups said another 41 were feared drowned in a separate incident.

Palermo police said they had detained 15 people suspected in the high seas assault, which they learned of while interviewing tearful survivors from Nigeria and Ghana who had arrived in Palermo Wednesday morning after being rescued at sea.

The 15 were accused of multiple homicide aggravated by religious hatred, police said in a statement.

The survivors said they had boarded a rubber boat April 14 on the Libyan coast with 105 passengers aboard, part of the wave of migrants taking advantage of calm seas and warm weather to make the risky crossing from Libya, where most smuggling operations originate.

During the crossing, the migrants from Nigeria and Ghana — believed to be Christians — were threatened with being abandoned at sea by some 15 other passengers from the Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mali and Guinea Bissau.

The statement said the motive was that the victims "professed the Christian faith while the aggressors were Muslim."
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...agedy-30361985
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Who wants to break the news to them that they sailed into the Vatican?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      And don't tell me these are not rank and file Muslims, that this is an aberration. This is indicative of their religion.

Police: Muslims Threw Christians Overboard During Med Voyage
      Thats the effect that tribalism, aka religion, can have on human beings. If someone is an outsider, doesn't belong to the tribe, and hold to the same beliefs, then they are looked upon as evil in the same way as you are generalizing and exibiting your hatred for what you believe to be rank and file muslims.

Comment

Yea. This is my body, what the hell are you doing in it, you parasitic embryo? I know it was kinda my fault, but now I don't want to face up to the responsibility of parenthood. Down the Brain Sucking Center we go!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Thats the effect that tribalism, aka religion, can have on human beings.
          Progressivism is the most pernicious form of tribalism in the West.

If someone is an outsider, doesn't belong to the tribe, and hold to the same beliefs, then they are looked upon as evil
          Ditto, cf. Starlight.

Comment

And don't tell me these are not rank and file Muslims, that this is an aberration.
            These are not rank and file Muslims and this is an aberration.

I mean, considering that the vast, vast majority of Muslims do not engage in such behavior, and do engage in beneficial, good behavior, what other conclusion can be drawn?

This is indicative of their religion.
            *scours ends of the Earth and depths of the sea and heights of the heavens

And your evidence for this claim is...?

Really, seer, this is too easy. And so disappointing. Obviously these particular Muslims should be condemned. But to say that this is indicative of the entire religion is as logically fallacious as militant atheists who insist that all the myriad examples of bad behavior from Christians are indicative of the entire religion being false--especially when the claim that Christianity involves worshipping a God of love is even more prominent than the claim that Islam is a religion of peace.
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Thats the effect that tribalism, aka religion, can have on human beings. If someone is an outsider, doesn't belong to the tribe, and hold to the same beliefs, then they are looked upon as evil in the same way as you are generalizing and exibiting your hatred for what you believe to be rank and file muslims.
              Unlike atheists like you who just hate everyone of any religion.

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                These are not rank and file Muslims and this is an aberration.

I mean, considering that the vast, vast majority of Muslims do not engage in such behavior, and do engage in beneficial, good behavior, what other conclusion can be drawn?

*scours ends of the Earth and depths of the sea and heights of the heavens

And your evidence for this claim is...?

Really, seer, this is too easy. And so disappointing. Obviously these particular Muslims should be condemned. But to say that this is indicative of the entire religion is as logically fallacious as militant atheists who insist that all the myriad examples of bad behavior from Christians are indicative of the entire religion being false--especially when the claim that Christianity involves worshipping a God of love is even more prominent than the claim that Islam is a religion of peace.
                Nonsense FM, do you think these Christian just happened to run into a group of radical Muslims? I mean we had two groups of random migrants - Muslim and Christian - and one group decides to murder the other group. And that mindset is not inherent to their belief system?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Considering that most Muslims are not placed in a literal lifeboat situation this objection amounts to nothing.

Comment

I'm afraid that Muslim violence, unlike Christian violence (and to be sure, both sides have their fair share of violent people), can be justified directly from their religious beliefs and from the actions of their most revered leader - Mohammed.

When the example behavior 'comes from the top' so to speak, it can't help but be the more likely outcome.

To be a violent Christian requires one completely and totally ignore ALL Christ taught on the subject. To do any less than love one's enemies and reach out to the suffering and come to their aid, regardless of ANYTHING they have done, is to be LESS than Christ taught us to be.

On the contrary, the concept of forgiving one's enemies, of loving them, is foreign to Muslim teaching. I have seen direct quotes from local Muslim clerics to that effect. They think Christians are crazy to teach that, to require that.

While unfortunately one can find exceptions to every rule, what we see here represented would I think tend to have been far less likely had the religious population of the boat been reversed.

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-17-2015, 09:58 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yeah, that's why Paul went on his missionary endeavors establishing Churches, and calling unbelievers to faith in Christ - because he hated them.

I sure hope your post sounded better in your head, Jimmy. It's dumb even for you.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thats the effect that tribalism, aka religion, can have on human beings. If someone is an outsider, doesn't belong to the tribe, and hold to the same beliefs, then they are looked upon as evil in the same way as you are generalizing and exibiting your hatred for what you believe to be rank and file Muslims.
                        Unfortunately, this is the effect of Human nature. It will manifest regardless of the associated religious system (or lack thereof), but is more likely under some systems than others. Christian faith has one of the highest standards of interpersonal and societal behavior to be found in its actual teachings. It also offers the most complete chance of rehabilitation (forgivenness/restoration) for violations of those standards to be found in any such belief/behavioural system when actualized in a society (as opposed to simply acknowledged). You can look for your own 'better' solution of course, but I doubt you will find one.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Nonsense FM, do you think these Christian just happened to run into a group of radical Muslims? I mean we had two groups of random migrants - Muslim and Christian - and one group decides to murder the other group. And that mindset is not inherent to their belief system?
                          Well, seeing as the vast majority of Muslim-Christian interactions don't involve violence, no--it's clearly not inherent to the belief system. The better explanation is that they really did just happen to run into a group of radical Muslims.

You keep trying to insist that the rare examples of Muslims committing terrorism is an indictment of the entire religion, while dismissing the examples of police brutality as isolated incidents, as "just a few bad apples" instead of "the mindset of those policemen is inherent to the justice system." Can't have it both ways.
                          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

You keep trying to insist that the rare examples of Muslims committing terrorism
                            Are these "rare" acts of terrorism universally and strongly condemned by the leaders of Islam?

When you see a "Christian" commit an act of violence in the name of God, do you ever see whole communities of Christians dancing in the street in approval?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, seeing as the vast majority of Muslim-Christian interactions don't involve violence, no--it's clearly not inherent to the belief system. The better explanation is that they really did just happen to run into a group of radical Muslims.
                              This ignores that the majority of Muslims in Muslim nations support violence, and many in the West do so as well(either financially or in words, with the latter usually comes the former). It's also explicitly taught in the Quran, Sunnah, Hadith, Sira, and Tafsir that all Muslims are obligated to kill the kafr when they are in a position to do so. Then there's the issue of taqiyah to consider.

You keep trying to insist that the rare examples of Muslims committing terrorism is an indictment of the entire religion, while dismissing the examples of police brutality as isolated incidents, as "just a few bad apples" instead of "the mindset of those policemen is inherent to the justice system." Can't have it both ways.
                              It's not nearly as rare as you think, and it's still different for the reasons outlined above. Do you see a large majority of cops praising the brutality? Do you see explicit commands in police training to engage in excessive force when they have the upper hand? Do you see the majority of citizens praising cops for the brutality, and praising God for it?

Comment