Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More From The Religion Of Peace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Given that I've relied almost completely on formal definitions of "terrorism," "torture," and "assassination," this over-used "fixed it for you" card looks downright silly here.
    As you say, Sam.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• You are being absurd Sam. I do not hold to your view of these events. And I'm not going to continue to try to discuss this rationally - you have your agenda and that is all that exists as far as you can see. Clearly if I disagree with you I'm evil. So be it.

Although I do not support the use of torture in its true sense, the people targetted for the use of torture have not one goal but the complete massacre of our entire civilization, and I for one am not interested in playing stupid while they accomplish their goals. That is, I will not be dragged into a mindset that aids them in accomplishing their goals. You can feel free to be on that side all you want. I will not join you.

I guess we are done.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-25-2015, 10:55 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        You are being absurd Sam. I do not hold to your view of these events. And I'm not going to continue to try to discuss this rationally - you have your agenda and that is all that exists as far as you can see. Clearly if I disagree with you I'm evil. So be it.

Although I do not support the use of torture in its true sense, the people targetted for the use of torture have not one goal but the complete massacre of our entire civilization, and I for one am not interested in playing stupid while they accomplish their goals. You can feel free to be on that side all you want. I will not join you.

I guess we are done.

Jim
        You can't bitterly complain that I'm misinterpreting you based on my "agenda" while twisting around to claim that I've said you're evil, let alone evil for merely disagreeing with me.

Your second paragraph reads explicitly as a way to excuse torture for security reasons while trying to maintain that you are opposed to "torture in its true sense." In any event, it's not a coherent articulation for what you do support and why what you support is not, in truth, torture.

Using your words from before, that's muddled thinking.
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
          You can't bitterly complain that I'm misinterpreting you based on my "agenda" while twisting around to claim that I've said you're evil, let alone evil for merely disagreeing with me.

Your second paragraph reads explicitly as a way to excuse torture for security reasons while trying to maintain that you are opposed to "torture in its true sense." In any event, it's not a coherent articulation for what you do support and why what you support is not, in truth, torture.

Using your words from before, that's muddled thinking.
          No, it doesn't, but you see what you want to see, and distort my words to fit your perception, and that is why the discussion is over.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• I'm done with you! Over! Just ... don't.

Comment