Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Get Rid Of The Christians....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, so how many people in this topic think preaching to a captive audience when you're on the clock for the government is okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
      Wait, so how many people in this topic think preaching to a captive audience when you're on the clock for the government is okay?
      I agree. In fact I think Christians should be banned from the military altogether. Let liberal atheists fight their own wars.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Well, I don't. We do need to maintain a separation of church and state. The chaplains are a very important part of the military, serving humanitarian needs of our military forces. Still, their duties should not include preaching at mandatory functions. That becomes a case of the government promoting a religion.
        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

I went to a government school that was Christian, so we started our mornings in Primary school with saying the Lords Prayer In High School, all school assemblies had a Bible reading and a prayer. A short distance from my High School was another Government high school that was Muslim. I have no problem with that
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Yes, at least being on the clock part. But as I have shown in post #3 this is exactly what the Chaplain service was started for.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
              I went to a government school that was Christian, so we started our mornings in Primary school with saying the Lords Prayer In High School, all school assemblies had a Bible reading and a prayer. A short distance from my High School was another Government high school that was Muslim. I have no problem with that
              Did you have a choice in the matter?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Yes, at least being on the clock part. But as I have shown in post #3 this is exactly what the Chaplain service was started for.
                Note that "earnestly recommended" does not mean "mandatory".

*looks at the calendar*

Also, we're quite a bit past 1776, I reckon.

Comment

Isn't that an establishment of Christianity as the state religion?

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post

*looks at the calendar*

What??? Aww man. I guess I should cancel my order of powdered wigs.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      If you're a caterer, and you provide catering service at an event, then you have participated in that event.
                      Makes sense and seems self-evident.

If you're a baker, and you provide goods for an event, then you have participated in that event.
                      Does not make sense. You're not even at the event, but you're participating in it somehow? And cake and pizzas aren't even essential to a wedding; they're just snacks that other people are consuming while engaging in an event.
                      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Isn't that an establishment of Christianity as the state religion?
                        Nope, at least not according to the Founding Fathers.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post

*looks at the calendar*

Let me tell you something, when I was in Marine Corps boot camp we had no choice. We had to attend services on Sunday. I think the Jews had something else. After boot camp it was no longer required.

Comment

Let me tell you something, when I was in Marine Corps boot camp we had no choice. We had to attend services on Sunday. I think the Jews had something else. After boot camp it was no longer required.
                            It was completely optional in my Air Force boot camp. Quite a few people stayed behind to clean the barracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              I agree. In fact I think Christians should be banned from the military altogether. Let liberal atheists fight their own wars.
                              The only problem with that is that when turned against the American public, these liberal atheists will have no reason not to follow orders to shoot resisters.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Oh please.

Comment