Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals are the REAL racists, a Final Solution to a persistent problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    ok

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    No. If he is going to pontificate about liberals, then liberals are allowed to post here. Now enough of this arguing. Any further discussion should be taken to the padded room.
    Actually nevermind, mods please close this thread, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather just let mainstream conservatism die a well deserved death.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    I have no problem with the subject or DE's viewpoint, but we have liberal members here and DE is basically calling them "racists" and then barring them from posting here. He can't do that. They can post here to defend their viewpoints, whether or not I or you or DE agree with it or not.
    I don't really understand your objection. The point of this thread is not to accuse liberals of being racist (in fact liberals being racist isn't even the actual point). Rather, this thread already assumes they are racist. Since they will naturally object to the accusation they will derail the thread from the actual subject I want to discuss, which is an in-house discussion with non-liberals on what to do about their dishonest war. It's really no different from the various tweb sections which limit discussions in a similar manner to avoid, say, a discussion about Christian theology get derailed by an atheist wanting to discuss apologetics. And there's nothing stopping them from starting a thread in which they can object to the original accusation all they want.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not sure if you can exclude an entire group to begin with
    Nope. No blanket bans are allowed. He can still ban individual members if he has a good reason (other than, they are liberals) but not entire groups of members.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    DE, you can't "attack" a group of people and then bar them from your thread. They have a right to defend themselves against your accusations.

Same as with when you make a personal attack thread against a member.
    Not sure if you can exclude an entire group to begin with

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    But this thread isn't focusing on them as racists but on the solution.

I propose a compromise: Darth starts another thread in Civics calling liberals racist, and they can defend themselves of the charge of the eight and most heinous of the seven deadly sins there to their utmost satisfaction.

Meanwhile, we get to have our discussion here in peace.
    No. If he is going to pontificate about liberals, then liberals are allowed to post here. Now enough of this arguing. Any further discussion should be taken to the padded room.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    I have no problem with the subject or DE's viewpoint, but we have liberal members here and DE is basically calling them "racists" and then barring them from posting here.
    But this thread isn't focusing on them as racists but on the solution.

I propose a compromise: Darth starts another thread in Civics calling liberals racist, and they can defend themselves of the charge of the eight and most heinous of the seven deadly sins there to their utmost satisfaction.

Meanwhile, we get to have our discussion here in peace.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    Sparko, do you mean to tell us you've never leaned on the "BUT LIBERALS ARE THE REAL RACISTS" easy wrong when you could have defended the harder right, like "Freedom means freedom of association if it means anything?"

Are you really telling me that you wouldn't back down from attacking the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as quickly as Rand Paul did, on as flimsy a justification?

Will we ever see you reflexively and directly mocking phrases like "DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH" or "IMMIGRANTS ENRICH OUR COLLECTIVE EXPERIENCE" as soon as anyone mentions them, recognizing them for the social poison and Communist thoughtstoppers that they are?

If not, then you don't belong in this thread. Simple as that.
    I have no problem with the subject or DE's viewpoint, but we have liberal members here and DE is basically calling them "racists" and then barring them from posting here. He can't do that. They can post here to defend their viewpoints, whether or not I or you or DE agree with it or not.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    DE, you can't "attack" a group of people and then bar them from your thread. They have a right to defend themselves against your accusations.

Sparko, do you mean to tell us you've never leaned on the "BUT LIBERALS ARE THE REAL RACISTS" easy wrong when you could have defended the harder right, like "Freedom means freedom of association if it means anything?"

Are you really telling me that you wouldn't back down from attacking the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as quickly as Rand Paul did, on as flimsy a justification?

Will we ever see you reflexively and directly mocking phrases like "DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH" or "IMMIGRANTS ENRICH OUR COLLECTIVE EXPERIENCE" as soon as anyone mentions them, recognizing them for the social poison and Communist thoughtstoppers that they are?

If not, then you don't belong in this thread. Simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    Liberal racism is not the root of the problem but merely a symptom. Liberté, égalité, fraternité - the idolisation of these three are the root cause of the ills of the Modern Western world.

The solution: renounce these gods, but I wish you good luck because that'll take a renewing of the mind, which is unlikely to take place given the general anti-intellectualism and emotivism within the Church.

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
    I won't give a completely holistic approach, but one thing we can do is completely demolish our public school system and rebuild it as it should be, with required classes in logic and philosophy.
    Relying on the schools to teach children how to think is like relying on them to teach children how to be moral. If you refuse to do it yourselves in your small groups and communities (e.g within the church, cell group, or the family) then you’re just sitting ducks against the spirit of the age.

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    And maybe a restructuring of mass media is in order. The people that control the flow of information are incredibly influential and they know exactly what they're doing. The race-baiters have blood on their hands.

I don't have any particular solution, though.

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    Not totally, but the useful idiots on both sides won't re-elect and donate to politicians (who probably know exactly what they're doing) nearly as blindly.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
    The final victory will only come from a theological revival. All the evils of liberalism (and conservatism and everything else for that matter) melt away once one accepts Jesus as Lord. For example, it's hard to suck the brains out of babies once you realize that all human life matters and it begins at conception.

But I suspect you're wanting a different kind of answer.

I won't give a completely holistic approach, but one thing we can do is completely demolish our public school system and rebuild it as it should be, with required classes in logic and philosophy. Once we can reason like mature adults, we won't have to deal with Tumblristas hurling appeals to emotion in regards to, say, gay marriage ("B-b-but they LOVE each other, and isn't that all that matters???") and border patrol ("B-b-but the American Dream and the melting pot!"). We can actually start talking to each other and analyzing our premises.
    So you think it's an issue of stupidity, rather than malice, and this kind of thing gets pushed routinely even by liberal heavyweights because they haven't taken philosophy courses?

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    The final victory will only come from a theological revival. All the evils of liberalism (and conservatism and everything else for that matter) melt away once one accepts Jesus as Lord. For example, it's hard to suck the brains out of babies once you realize that all human life matters and it begins at conception.

But I suspect you're wanting a different kind of answer.

I won't give a completely holistic approach, but one thing we can do is completely demolish our public school system and rebuild it as it should be, with required classes in logic and philosophy. Once we can reason like mature adults, we won't have to deal with Tumblristas hurling appeals to emotion in regards to, say, gay marriage ("B-b-but they LOVE each other, and isn't that all that matters???") and border patrol ("B-b-but the American Dream and the melting pot!"). We can actually start talking to each other and analyzing our premises.

Leave a comment: