Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals are the REAL racists, a Final Solution to a persistent problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Liberals are the REAL racists, a Final Solution to a persistent problem

    Ordinarily I don't ask people to stay out of my thread and don't care if they get derailed, but I'm gonna make an exception in this thread:

    1. This conversation is for people right of center. If you are centrist or left of center please do not post here. If there is any dispute on the matter I will be the final arbiter of who is right of center for the purpose of this thread. Libertarians, whom I ordinarily consider to be liberals (the original liberals, actually) are allowed to post here, mostly because I don't really see the difference between the average tweb libertarian and the typical American conservative's opinion. Liberals who want to discuss this topic are free to start their own commentary thread.
    2. Do not take the thread off-topic. Some of the conservatives here have a tendency to go off on wild tangents. I won't name any names but you know who you are.

    The reason for these restrictions is that a lot of people are uncomfortable talking about certain topics and end up throwing up a lot of noise to avoid actually discussing it while still filling up the thread with garbage, often to the tune of dozens of pages.

    Now, onto the main topic:

    The subject of liberal racism is a common trope on conservative web sites and in conservative discussions. Countless examples, from the poor treatment of black conservatives to affirmative action are brought up as evidence that liberals are hypocrites who complain about racism while being racist themselves. Liberal racism is as much a pillar of modern conservatism as closet homosexuality. Meanwhile, the apparent hypocrisy has done little to slow the liberal onslaught of racism accusations, some real but most inane and entirely baseless. Despite that, conservatives continue to follow the original failed plan, which is to snark about it ad nauseam while society burns. From my own experience this has resulted in something of a backlash in the general population, and the backlash is almost entirely destructive in nature. Racist (and other isms) are becoming more common, blatant, vicious, and occasionally, funny. Conservatives' continued failure to protect society from increasingly unstable and deranged liberal behavior cannot be understated. It is my opinion, which I have expressed before, that within a couple of generations we will have enough anti-liberals (who are nevertheless not conservative, nor share much in common with them) that Hitler could be put on the ballot and have a shot at the presidency.

    Which brings us to the actual point of this thread, which is the way forward: since it's blatantly obvious that liberals don't care about their disingenuous and hypocritical behavior, nor, more importantly, has pointing out said behavior done anything to move centrists towards disapproval or shame liberals into ending their onslaught, what else should conservatives do that doesn't involve whining about it and calling it a day? What, if any, is the solution? I mean aside from the Night of the Long Knives, Act 2.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

  • #2
    The final victory will only come from a theological revival. All the evils of liberalism (and conservatism and everything else for that matter) melt away once one accepts Jesus as Lord. For example, it's hard to suck the brains out of babies once you realize that all human life matters and it begins at conception.

    But I suspect you're wanting a different kind of answer.

    I won't give a completely holistic approach, but one thing we can do is completely demolish our public school system and rebuild it as it should be, with required classes in logic and philosophy. Once we can reason like mature adults, we won't have to deal with Tumblristas hurling appeals to emotion in regards to, say, gay marriage ("B-b-but they LOVE each other, and isn't that all that matters???") and border patrol ("B-b-but the American Dream and the melting pot!"). We can actually start talking to each other and analyzing our premises.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
      The final victory will only come from a theological revival. All the evils of liberalism (and conservatism and everything else for that matter) melt away once one accepts Jesus as Lord. For example, it's hard to suck the brains out of babies once you realize that all human life matters and it begins at conception.

      But I suspect you're wanting a different kind of answer.

      I won't give a completely holistic approach, but one thing we can do is completely demolish our public school system and rebuild it as it should be, with required classes in logic and philosophy. Once we can reason like mature adults, we won't have to deal with Tumblristas hurling appeals to emotion in regards to, say, gay marriage ("B-b-but they LOVE each other, and isn't that all that matters???") and border patrol ("B-b-but the American Dream and the melting pot!"). We can actually start talking to each other and analyzing our premises.
      So you think it's an issue of stupidity, rather than malice, and this kind of thing gets pushed routinely even by liberal heavyweights because they haven't taken philosophy courses?
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

      There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

      Comment


      • #4
        Not totally, but the useful idiots on both sides won't re-elect and donate to politicians (who probably know exactly what they're doing) nearly as blindly.

        Comment


        • #5
          And maybe a restructuring of mass media is in order. The people that control the flow of information are incredibly influential and they know exactly what they're doing. The race-baiters have blood on their hands.

          I don't have any particular solution, though.

          Comment


          • #6
            Liberal racism is not the root of the problem but merely a symptom. Liberté, égalité, fraternité - the idolisation of these three are the root cause of the ills of the Modern Western world.

            The solution: renounce these gods, but I wish you good luck because that'll take a renewing of the mind, which is unlikely to take place given the general anti-intellectualism and emotivism within the Church.

            Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
            I won't give a completely holistic approach, but one thing we can do is completely demolish our public school system and rebuild it as it should be, with required classes in logic and philosophy.
            Relying on the schools to teach children how to think is like relying on them to teach children how to be moral. If you refuse to do it yourselves in your small groups and communities (e.g within the church, cell group, or the family) then you’re just sitting ducks against the spirit of the age.

            Comment


            • #7
              DE, you can't "attack" a group of people and then bar them from your thread. They have a right to defend themselves against your accusations.

              Same as with when you make a personal attack thread against a member.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                DE, you can't "attack" a group of people and then bar them from your thread. They have a right to defend themselves against your accusations.

                Same as with when you make a personal attack thread against a member.
                Sparko, do you mean to tell us you've never leaned on the "BUT LIBERALS ARE THE REAL RACISTS" easy wrong when you could have defended the harder right, like "Freedom means freedom of association if it means anything?"

                Are you really telling me that you wouldn't back down from attacking the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as quickly as Rand Paul did, on as flimsy a justification?

                Will we ever see you reflexively and directly mocking phrases like "DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH" or "IMMIGRANTS ENRICH OUR COLLECTIVE EXPERIENCE" as soon as anyone mentions them, recognizing them for the social poison and Communist thoughtstoppers that they are?

                If not, then you don't belong in this thread. Simple as that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                  Sparko, do you mean to tell us you've never leaned on the "BUT LIBERALS ARE THE REAL RACISTS" easy wrong when you could have defended the harder right, like "Freedom means freedom of association if it means anything?"

                  Are you really telling me that you wouldn't back down from attacking the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as quickly as Rand Paul did, on as flimsy a justification?

                  Will we ever see you reflexively and directly mocking phrases like "DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH" or "IMMIGRANTS ENRICH OUR COLLECTIVE EXPERIENCE" as soon as anyone mentions them, recognizing them for the social poison and Communist thoughtstoppers that they are?

                  If not, then you don't belong in this thread. Simple as that.
                  I have no problem with the subject or DE's viewpoint, but we have liberal members here and DE is basically calling them "racists" and then barring them from posting here. He can't do that. They can post here to defend their viewpoints, whether or not I or you or DE agree with it or not.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I have no problem with the subject or DE's viewpoint, but we have liberal members here and DE is basically calling them "racists" and then barring them from posting here.
                    But this thread isn't focusing on them as racists but on the solution.

                    I propose a compromise: Darth starts another thread in Civics calling liberals racist, and they can defend themselves of the charge of the eight and most heinous of the seven deadly sins there to their utmost satisfaction.

                    Meanwhile, we get to have our discussion here in peace.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                      But this thread isn't focusing on them as racists but on the solution.

                      I propose a compromise: Darth starts another thread in Civics calling liberals racist, and they can defend themselves of the charge of the eight and most heinous of the seven deadly sins there to their utmost satisfaction.

                      Meanwhile, we get to have our discussion here in peace.
                      No. If he is going to pontificate about liberals, then liberals are allowed to post here. Now enough of this arguing. Any further discussion should be taken to the padded room.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        DE, you can't "attack" a group of people and then bar them from your thread. They have a right to defend themselves against your accusations.

                        Same as with when you make a personal attack thread against a member.
                        Not sure if you can exclude an entire group to begin with

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Not sure if you can exclude an entire group to begin with
                          Nope. No blanket bans are allowed. He can still ban individual members if he has a good reason (other than, they are liberals) but not entire groups of members.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I have no problem with the subject or DE's viewpoint, but we have liberal members here and DE is basically calling them "racists" and then barring them from posting here. He can't do that. They can post here to defend their viewpoints, whether or not I or you or DE agree with it or not.
                            I don't really understand your objection. The point of this thread is not to accuse liberals of being racist (in fact liberals being racist isn't even the actual point). Rather, this thread already assumes they are racist. Since they will naturally object to the accusation they will derail the thread from the actual subject I want to discuss, which is an in-house discussion with non-liberals on what to do about their dishonest war. It's really no different from the various tweb sections which limit discussions in a similar manner to avoid, say, a discussion about Christian theology get derailed by an atheist wanting to discuss apologetics. And there's nothing stopping them from starting a thread in which they can object to the original accusation all they want.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

                            There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              No. If he is going to pontificate about liberals, then liberals are allowed to post here. Now enough of this arguing. Any further discussion should be taken to the padded room.
                              Actually nevermind, mods please close this thread, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather just let mainstream conservatism die a well deserved death.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

                              There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seer, Today, 06:05 AM
                              0 responses
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by Maranatha, Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              9 responses
                              72 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Maranatha  
                              Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 03:56 PM
                              3 responses
                              31 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Started by seer, Yesterday, 11:32 AM
                              13 responses
                              80 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 09:11 AM
                              1 response
                              32 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparko
                              by Sparko
                               
                              Working...
                              X