Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More police brutality

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More police brutality



    Bound to be isolated, of course.

  • #2
    Apparently he was in a car chase prior to stealing that horse, so no sympathy. Car chases should result in mandatory beatings when caught, Rodney King style.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

    Comment


    • #3
      How much horse power did the car engine have?

      Comment


      • #4
        OK, so he's a wrong-doer, why does that mean that police have the right to act outside the law? Either everybody has the same rights, or nobody does. This looks more like mob vengeance than 'peace' officers performing their duty professionally.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
          OK, so he's a wrong-doer, why does that mean that police have the right to act outside the law? Either everybody has the same rights, or nobody does. This looks more like mob vengeance than 'peace' officers performing their duty professionally.
          They don't have the right to act outside the law but seeing how your fellow liberals routinely act outside both law and any sense of decency I see no reason to get upset when more and more people decide to solve their problems outside of the progressive hegemony. I have zero stake in preserving your perverse liberal civilization.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

          There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

          Comment


          • #6
            The beatings aren't mandatory so much as the only allowed option when all others have been banned:


            Originally posted by Steve Sailer
            My overall opinion of the Rodney King case is what I've always told my sons when giving them "The Talk:" if you make the cops chase you at 100 mph, you get their adrenaline up. And you really don't want to do that because they will likely do very bad things to you when they finally catch you because they will be so worked up they will have a hard time controlling themselves. It's like the end of a fox hunt in England. The hounds don't carefully eat the fox after they finally catch it, they rip it to shreds because the dogs are so overwhelmed with adrenaline.

            Moreover, Rodney himself had plenty of adrenaline flowing, too, so he put up a helluva fight. (His friend in the front seat calmly stayed in the car and was untouched.)

            ...whomping the hell out of Rodney King with batons came about in part because LAPD officers weren't allowed anymore to use the windpipe-closing chokehold that they had formerly been taught to use on out-of-control arrestees. The problem was that cops would periodically choke people to death, especially black guys who had really pissed them off. Was this because cops were seized by an irrational, uncaused hatred of black guys or because black guys tend more often to do things that really piss cops off? The first answer is the only socially acceptable one.

            So, the two dozen cops trying to apprehend Rodney King saw themselves as having not much alternative to bouncing truncheons off Rodney until he decided to come quietly. (Plus, they'd been chasing him at 100 mph, so whomping him just seemed like a good idea at the time.)

            To me, it seemed like there has to be some kind of technological improvement that was better than either whomping or wading in and getting a chokehold. And, indeed, we've seen police forces equipping cops with stand-off weapons such as tasers and pepper spray.
            They're of limited utility, apparently.

            Comment


            • #7
              any links to the actual news story?

              The chopper lady mentioned that two deputies were down a the beginning of the clip, so there is more to the story.

              Comment


              • #8
                California police caught beating horseman put on leave
                Three deputies also got medical treatment -- two for dehydration and a third who got kicked by the horse, which itself sustained "numerous injuries."

                10 California Deputies Are Put on Leave After Beating
                Two deputies involved in the incident were treated for abrasions, a twisted knee and a back injury sustained after being struck by the horse, he said, and several more were dehydrated after the foot pursuit.

                And ...
                The deputies who initially encountered Mr. Pusok “were very familiar with this suspect and very familiar with his criminal history,” said Sheriff McMahon.

                “He made threats to kill a deputy sheriff and in fact shot a puppy in front of part of his family” during a previous encounter with law enforcement, Sheriff McMahon said.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  any links to the actual news story?

                  The chopper lady mentioned that two deputies were down a the beginning of the clip, so there is more to the story.
                  Nick:
                  I've read the story on several websites. It appears to be a white version of Rodney King. Just police officers kicking a dude while he's down, not offering any resistance.
                  I guess some of my fellow Americans think this stuff is moral. it's a shame, Sparko, a shame. I know! The suspect was white, so it's okay.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

                    “He made threats to kill a deputy sheriff and in fact shot a puppy in front of part of his family” during a previous encounter with law enforcement, Sheriff McMahon said.[/INDENT]
                    Anyone who shoots a puppy deserves a severe beat-down.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
                      The suspect was white, so it's okay.
                      Where are the #WhiteLivesMatter rallies and protests? Or for this guy?

                      http://hamptonroads.com/2015/04/va-b...-gun-use-video



                      Never once in that article was the officer's or young man's race divulged. But in other stories from these news outlets, when the recipient is non-white, they uniformly list the race of both the officer and the individual they stopped.
                      That's what
                      - She

                      Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                      I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      Stephen R. Donaldson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
                        Nick:
                        I've read the story on several websites. It appears to be a white version of Rodney King. Just police officers kicking a dude while he's down, not offering any resistance.
                        I guess some of my fellow Americans think this stuff is moral. it's a shame, Sparko, a shame. I know! The suspect was white, so it's okay.
                        I just wanted the full story, not just a video clip of part of it.

                        The thing that does bother me is that people seem to think all cops are bad because of these news stories. Well, the news isn't going to write an article on good cops arresting criminals and no shooting involved. That isn't "news"

                        So you have some dozen stories about bad cops doing bad things (and even some of those are just out of context biased stories made to make the cops look bad) and thousands of incidents with good cops doing a good job that you never hear about.

                        If all you knew about airplanes were the crashes that the news reports, you would think airplanes were the most unreliable transportation ever invented.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Where are the #WhiteLivesMatter rallies and protests? Or for this guy?

                          http://hamptonroads.com/2015/04/va-b...-gun-use-video



                          Never once in that article was the officer's or young man's race divulged. But in other stories from these news outlets, when the recipient is non-white, they uniformly list the race of both the officer and the individual they stopped.
                          Nick:
                          I thought it was pretty obvious that I was being sarcastic. Of course what I saw in this video was child-abuse by police officers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
                            Nick:
                            I thought it was pretty obvious that I was being sarcastic.
                            Yeah, I know. But the point still spoke of an underlying truth.

                            Of course what I saw in this video was child-abuse by police officers.
                            I was making a comment about the disparity in reporting details when a black person gets a beat down versus when a white person does.
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I just wanted the full story, not just a video clip of part of it.

                              The thing that does bother me is that people seem to think all cops are bad because of these news stories. Well, the news isn't going to write an article on good cops arresting criminals and no shooting involved. That isn't "news"

                              So you have some dozen stories about bad cops doing bad things (and even some of those are just out of context biased stories made to make the cops look bad) and thousands of incidents with good cops doing a good job that you never hear about.

                              If all you knew about airplanes were the crashes that the news reports, you would think airplanes were the most unreliable transportation ever invented.
                              Nick:
                              Well I was only half-joking. As I have pointed out before, I generally don't have problems with police officers. AFAICT, as a group, they're no different than an average random pool of Americans. But When police shot a veteran with PTSD, who had a gun to his head, they seem like Saudi Arabia operatives and nothing like Americans.

                              Edit to add: as it says in the link above
                              "In March, 2013, a jury awarded Ellis’ family $10.3 million, one of the largest judgments ever leveled against the city. The award included $7.6 million against the city for wrongful death and $2.7 million in punitive damages against Lampiris-Tremba."
                              Last edited by nickcopernicus; 04-13-2015, 12:11 PM. Reason: additional information

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rogue06, Today, 09:13 AM
                              9 responses
                              61 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post shunyadragon  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                              16 responses
                              115 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Stoic
                              by Stoic
                               
                              Started by mossrose, 11-28-2020, 03:05 PM
                              26 responses
                              230 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Juvenal
                              by Juvenal
                               
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, 11-28-2020, 01:53 PM
                              26 responses
                              134 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Starlight, 11-27-2020, 11:51 PM
                              4 responses
                              44 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post shunyadragon  
                              Working...
                              X