Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gay guy finds out you can't legislate away reality, hilarity ensues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And we now know why Thirsty Possum won't visit Kiwiville

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5675[/ATTACH]
    Meanies!
    meh, all our possums are Aussies.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post

You're using Encyclopedia Dramatica?

You do realize that's a joke wikipedia knockoff (which IIRC has a large 4chan population editing it).
      Of course I do dummy, (although I don't think you're correct about 4chan editorship)! Its satire and spot-on when it comes to Epoetker’s favourite fascist web site ‘My Posting Career', hosted by the indescribably vile 'Pleasureman'. Read all about it but be warned – it contains some language unacceptable to some.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/My_Posting_Career
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        How many people do you know that do this?
        Several.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          I was just wondering. I don't personally know any, and again, Montana has a lot of gun owners. He seems to be stereotyping American gun owners as incredibly reckless idiots.
          Wasn't really my intention. I know plenty of people who are fanatical about guns...even a couple who practically own armories. My boss' son owns somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 AR-15s alone, and is currently building a large, hidden, walk-in vault in his basement. Many of the people I know who are really into guns are pretty responsible. Keep them locked up. Only shoot at the range. Are familiar with firearm safety. That sort of thing. I know a number of other people who are quite a bit less responsible. There are all types out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            You believe the numbers may be skewed because of antiques?
            From what I could find; there's no national database of gun ownership. Best that can be done is sales data and estimates.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Wasn't really my intention. I know plenty of people who are fanatical about guns...even a couple who practically own armories. My boss' son owns somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 AR-15s alone, and is currently building a large, hidden, walk-in vault in his basement. Many of the people I know who are really into guns are pretty responsible. Keep them locked up. Only shoot at the range. Are familiar with firearm safety. That sort of thing. I know a number of other people who are quite a bit less responsible. There are all types out there.
              That's true--plenty of irresponsible idiots to go around, unfortunately. I'll make sure not to join their ranks.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Wasn't really my intention. I know plenty of people who are fanatical about guns...even a couple who practically own armories. My boss' son owns somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 AR-15s alone, and is currently building a large, hidden, walk-in vault in his basement.
                Appreciate those who maintain vestiges of the martial spirit. You may yet need them.

Comment

I see. I'm assuming they're relatively easy to monitor when you're dealing with a nation whose military is made up primarily of conscripts, and whose size is only about equal to Vermont and New Hampshire combined. Wonder if they're allowed to fire them out back while drinking beers, or if they have to keep them locked away until government sanctioned exercises.
                  I think the point is that the firearms and some ammo is stored in their homes where they are readily available. And yet they have a very low crime rate including armed robberies and homicides. I just saw this on the Meta Picture website which reminded me of this conversation

0000000000gun.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think the point is that the firearms and some ammo is stored in their homes where they are readily available. And yet they have a very low crime rate including armed robberies and homicides. I just saw this on the Meta Picture website which reminded me of this conversation

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5764[/ATTACH]
                    Not endorsing either side of this debate, but I think Switzerland has mandatory military service for all males, so I suspect that the gun ownership percentage is related to that fact--most guns are given to people in the context of conditions that emphasize social duty and responsibility. But that's not quite true in the US, so I'm not sure that using Switzerland as a favorable comparison quite works here. Just my $0.02.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

• Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                      Not endorsing either side of this debate, but I think Switzerland has mandatory military service for all males, so I suspect that the gun ownership percentage is related to that fact--most guns are given to people in the context of conditions that emphasize social duty and responsibility. But that's not quite true in the US, so I'm not sure that using Switzerland as a favorable comparison quite works here. Just my $0.02.
                      It is when pointing out that guns themselves are not the problem.
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                        That is the case but the point is that the firearms -- fully automatic -- are readily available being kept in the homes. And yet the crime rate is exceedingly low. This certainly suggests that firearms being incredibly easily accessible is not the issue.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That is the case but the point is that the firearms -- fully automatic -- are readily available being kept in the homes. And yet the crime rate is exceedingly low. This certainly suggests that firearms being incredibly easily accessible is not the issue.
                          I don't think it is. I think the issue is the attitude towards guns and mental health of the population.

Comment

• This thread has more pages about guns than about gay disease vectors, can a mod split them into pixie's thread and keep future posts on topic?
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              This thread has more pages about guns than about gay disease vectors, can a mod split them into pixie's thread and keep future posts on topic?
                              A good idea.

Comment