Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gay guy finds out you can't legislate away reality, hilarity ensues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gay guy finds out you can't legislate away reality, hilarity ensues

    The destructive effects of homosexuality have been well documented here, but in the real world where professional associations are literally religious cults in the service of Progressive dogma there are still quite a few people who don't understand the wisdom of our ancestors:

    http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2...-me-homosexual

    When the doctor came into the room, she informed me that I was B-12 deficient and that she recommended monthly shots and daily supplements. Phew, I could handle that! But it was not until later, after being given a copy of the doctor's diagnoses, that I was shocked. My doctor had diagnosed my sexuality as a chronic condition, or disease. There it was. Right on my medical record. In the same section as Crohn's disease: “Homosexual Behavior Code 302.0.”

    I couldn’t believe this was happening. In Southern California. In 2013.


    It turns out that screaming over and over and over that homosexuality is harmless doesn't actually make it true. I'll leave it to the reader's imagination (or a quick google) to find out the causes of B-12 deficiency and how they relate to this gentleman.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

  • #2
    Okay, something that worries me about the whole gay thing is that scientific research and money is being wasted to get it to where a gay couple can have their own children. There's gay people that really want this to be a reality, and a lot of really rich gays, so it's most likely going to happen. Damn if the kid is messed up or anything, plus all of the other problems that this could lead to, the gay couple's happiness is more important to them or anything else that the money could be used on.

    This presents a lot of problems. One thing I don't think gay men get is that this could make males obsolete, if two women could reproduce together, since gay men would still need a womb to grow their babies in, but women wouldn't. So radical man hating feminists are probably backing the research too.
    Last edited by Christy; 04-12-2015, 01:28 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Christy View Post
      This presents a lot of problems. One thing I don't think gay men get is that this could make males obsolete, if two women could reproduce together, since gay men would still need a womb to grow their babies in, but women wouldn't. So radical man hating feminists are probably backing the research too.
      This would require all women to magically become homosexual and/or bisexual. Otherwise, men wouldn't become obsolete, since the heterosexual women would still want men around.
      Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        The destructive effects of homosexuality have been well documented here
        Chortle.

        It turns out that screaming over and over and over that homosexuality is harmless doesn't actually make it true.
        Correct. What actually makes it true is the fact that several expressions of homosexuality do not exhibit any signs of harm.

        I'll leave it to the reader's imagination (or a quick google) to find out the causes of B-12 deficiency and how they relate to this gentleman.
        Okay. According to this medical encyclopedia, the causes are:

        Chronic alcoholism
        Crohn disease, celiac disease, infection with the fish tapeworm, or other problems that make it difficult for your body to digest foods
        Pernicious anemia, a type of vitamin B12 anemia that occurs when your body destroys cells that make intrinsic factor
        Surgeries that remove certain parts of your stomach or small intestine, such as some weight-loss surgeries
        Taking antacids and other heartburn medicines for a long period of time


        Not seeing anything specific to any type of sexuality at all, since none of those are sexual in nature.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

        I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fm93 View Post
          Okay. According to this medical encyclopedia, the causes are:
          ...
          Crohn disease
          ...
          The OP article mentioned in passing that the guy has Crohn's disease. So presumably that's the cause of the B12 deficiency he's experiencing. Crohn's is a reasonably serious chronic condition with no known cure which can cause some reasonably major suffering. He was understandably rather shocked to see homosexuality listed right beside Crohn's disease on his medical record.

          D.E. was presumably trying to insinuate the cause was HIV. That is a possible cause for B12 deficiency. But B12 deficiency is incredibly common and not at all usually caused by HIV. I'm mildly curious to know what the crazies like D.E. will use for scaremongering when doctors in a few years manage to find a permanent cure for HIV. Although people ought to realize that HIV in the present is extremely treatable, making diabetes much more scary than HIV in the present day.

          Originally posted by Christy View Post
          Okay, something that worries me about the whole gay thing is that scientific research and money is being wasted to get it to where a gay couple can have their own children.
          Scientific research is being done on everything. If the outcomes make people happier and allow them to have more fulfilled lives, then I don't think that research is being "wasted".

          Damn if the kid is messed up or anything, plus all of the other problems that this could lead to,
          There are no obvious pitfalls with the theoretical process. It seems pretty straightforward.

          the gay couple's happiness is more important to them or anything else that the money could be used on.
          The amount of money being used to fund this sort of research as a percentage of the total amount being put into scientific research worldwide would be absolutely infinitesimal.

          One thing I don't think gay men get is that this could make males obsolete,

          That's pretty much off-the-charts crazy.
          Last edited by Starlight; 04-12-2015, 05:34 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fm93 View Post
            Okay. According to this medical encyclopedia, the causes are:

            Chronic alcoholism
            Crohn disease, celiac disease, infection with the fish tapeworm, or other problems that make it difficult for your body to digest foods
            Pernicious anemia, a type of vitamin B12 anemia that occurs when your body destroys cells that make intrinsic factor
            Surgeries that remove certain parts of your stomach or small intestine, such as some weight-loss surgeries
            Taking antacids and other heartburn medicines for a long period of time


            Not seeing anything specific to any type of sexuality at all, since none of those are sexual in nature.
            ...homosexual men are more prone to proctitis. The disease may mimic Crohn's disease.

            http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6765390

            Vitamin B12 gets absorbed by the terminal ileum, which is the end of the small intestine. This is a very common site of Crohn’s disease. It’s possible that disease in that portion of the bowel has made it impossible for a patient to absorb enough B12 from food or supplements to meet crucial needs.

            http://www.everydayhealth.com/column...2-the-lowdown/
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God


            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              D.E. was presumably trying to insinuate the cause was HIV.


              That is a possible cause for B12 deficiency. But B12 deficiency is incredibly common and not at all usually caused by HIV. I'm mildly curious to know what the crazies like D.E. will use for scaremongering when doctors in a few years manage to find a permanent cure for HIV. Although people ought to realize that HIV in the present is extremely treatable, making diabetes much more scary than HIV in the present day.
              HIV is just one of the many diseases that shorten the lifespan of gay men as a result of the mental issues homosexuality generally comes with, so even if HIV is eventually cured it won't change the fact that the average gay male engages in far more self-destructive behavior than average.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

              There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                Chortle.
                Let's keep your bedroom behavior in your bedroom, eh?

                Correct. What actually makes it true is the fact that several expressions of homosexuality do not exhibit any signs of harm.
                Which ones?
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

                There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  Which ones?
                  My guess it's the ones that don't involve actually having sex with homos.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post



                    HIV is just one of the many diseases that shorten the lifespan of gay men as a result of the mental issues homosexuality generally comes with..
                    ...and intravenous drug users and promiscuous sex and visiting prostitutes - all of which are not unknown among heterosexuals.

                    , so even if HIV is eventually cured it won't change the fact that the average gay male engages in far more self-destructive behavior than average
                    Thus goes the standard anti-homosexual rhetoric. Unsurprising really given that there is no rational argument for denying equal civil rights to homosexuals. Hence the bigots can only resort to demonizing and scaremongering as can be seen from the ever dependable DE.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      ...and intravenous drug users and promiscuous sex and visiting prostitutes - all of which are not unknown among heterosexuals.
                      That normal people sometimes engage in risky behavior doesn't change the fact that homosexuals do it more, just like other mentally ill people engage in activities that are harmful to themselves. It's why the realist points out that they're mentally ill (I mean, aside from the part where their brain is incapable of recognizing what a compatible reproductive partner actually looks like).

                      Thus goes the standard anti-homosexual rhetoric. Unsurprising really given that there is no rational argument for denying equal civil rights to homosexuals.
                      They are entitled to the same civil rights other normal people are entitled to. They of course should be denied the ability to pervert a core social ritual.

                      Hence the bigots can only resort to demonizing and scaremongering as can be seen from the ever dependable DE.
                      bigot
                      a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

                      Seeing how throughout my life I've changed my opinion on a very wide variety of issues, many of them either arcane or taboo, and continue to change and adjust based on additional data, whereas you have remained an immovable mountain of the exact same stupidity that you were when you first started posting here I would say "bigot" fits you a lot more than it fits me. Of course liberals love to play semantic games because you, like that guy who shot Gabby Giffords, think you can mind control people through grammar.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

                      There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        That normal people sometimes engage in risky behavior doesn't change the fact that homosexuals do it more, just like other mentally ill people engage in activities that are harmful to themselves. It's why the realist points out that they're mentally ill (I mean, aside from the part where their brain is incapable of recognizing what a compatible reproductive partner actually looks like).
                        So homosexuals are “abnormal”, “mentally ill” and marriage exists for the sole purpose of reproduction. You’re a homophobic cliché DE.

                        They are entitled to the same civil rights other normal people are entitled to. They of course should be denied the ability to pervert a core social ritual.
                        You tell 'em. Jesus would be proud of you.

                        bigot
                        a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
                        If the cap fits…

                        Seeing how throughout my life I've changed my opinion on a very wide variety of issues, many of them either arcane or taboo, and continue to change and adjust based on additional data,
                        Well you've a way to go to catch up, but keep trying. "If at first you don't succeed....."

                        whereas you have remained an immovable mountain of the exact same stupidity that you were when you first started posting here I would say "bigot" fits you a lot more than it fits me. Of course liberals love to play semantic games because you, like that guy who shot Gabby Giffords, think you can mind control people through grammar.
                        You’re ranting.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          ...homosexual men are more prone to proctitis. The disease may mimic Crohn's disease.

                          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6765390

                          Vitamin B12 gets absorbed by the terminal ileum, which is the end of the small intestine. This is a very common site of Crohn’s disease. It’s possible that disease in that portion of the bowel has made it impossible for a patient to absorb enough B12 from food or supplements to meet crucial needs.

                          http://www.everydayhealth.com/column...2-the-lowdown/
                          So basically, you can only squeeze homosexuality into this if you assume that this particular man was frequently engaging in anal intercourse and didn't use protection. That's quite a stereotypical and in this case unverifiable view to take, though.
                          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

                          I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            So homosexuals are “abnormal”, “mentally ill” and marriage exists for the sole purpose of reproduction. You’re a homophobic cliché DE.
                            So you believe X and Y and I will repeat them at you with no argument or anything important to add because I have nothing to say.

                            [qupte]You tell 'em. Jesus would be proud of you. [/quote]

                            Jesus endorsed a God who executed men who had sex with men so...

                            Well you've a way to go to catch up, but keep trying. "If at first you don't succeed....."
                            I'll always have something to catch up to, but right now I'm so high above you that if I took a dump it would take three days and three nights before it landed on your head.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

                            There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                              So basically, you can only squeeze homosexuality into this if you assume that this particular man was frequently engaging in anal intercourse and didn't use protection. That's quite a stereotypical and in this case unverifiable view to take, though.
                              It's the default view until shown otherwise since that's how most gays behave and given his whiny victimhood in the article I somehow doubt he's a chaste gay Christian struggling with keeping temptation in check.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

                              There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by shunyadragon, Today, 06:20 PM
                              7 responses
                              25 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post LiconaFan97  
                              Started by shunyadragon, Today, 06:10 PM
                              1 response
                              11 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NorrinRadd  
                              Started by Thoughtful Monk, Today, 11:36 AM
                              13 responses
                              44 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NorrinRadd  
                              Started by Charles, Today, 09:40 AM
                              26 responses
                              158 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Mountain Man  
                              Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 08:34 PM
                              8 responses
                              51 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Hypatia_Alexandria  
                              Working...
                              X