Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Death Or Life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why make his martyr fantasies come true, put him in a dungeon for the rest of his life
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
      Why make his martyr fantasies come true, put him in a dungeon for the rest of his life
      There is that. That's what they did with the 9/11 planners, wasn't it?
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
        Oh good, someone society considers okay to kill so we can vicariously live out our murder fantasies!
        Source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/murder

Murder: an Overview

Definition

Murder occurs when one human being unlawfully kills another human being

~ Wex Legal Dictionary

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Thumbs up or down?

DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV CONVICTED IN BOSTON MARATHON BOMBING
          I thought the death penalty was mostly used on people policeman were too lazy to run after.

Roy
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Yep, religion is good at murder.
            Not as good as Communism!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              I thought the death penalty was mostly used on people policeman were too lazy to run after.

Roy
              TOTALLY uncalled for, Roy. Utterly tasteless.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Roy
                The next time some one is breaking into your house Roy call one of your idiot liberal friends...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Roy
                  You sir are a jackass . Folks like who impugn for no reason the integrity honor, and courage of those men and women in uniform(civil or military) should crawl under the rocks you come from.
                  Last edited by RumTumTugger; 04-09-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Sheesh Sea, some would simply call this justice. Murder fantasies? Really?
                    There's no reason to execute people in our society other than satisfaction some people get from killing people. It's legal sadism.

Comment

There's no reason to execute people in our society other than satisfaction some people get from killing people. It's legal sadism.
                      You've made a lot of posts recently that seem to evidence some very intimate knowledge of the motivation of the people who disagree with you. I don't remember you being this utterly negative toward Christians and conservatives.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

No, legal justice. And yes justice can satisfy our innate moral sense.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So now we can add "sadistic" to the list of descriptions of people who disagree with seasanctuary.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Is there realistically anything we can do that will not cause him harm/emotional distress? If he isn't executed his freedom will be taken away forever and he'll live the rest of his life on a little compound surrounded by other murderers. Not that I'm for the death penalty (I would rather it wasn't there) but I think it's wrong to act like we're more enlightened because we want someone to suffer in a dungeon for 50+ years rather than face a speedy execution
                            "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Roy
                              For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

2edgy4me

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              I support the :
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                You sir are a jackass . Folks like who impugn for no reason the integrity honor, and courage of those men and women in uniform(civil or military) should crawl under the rocks you come from.
                                I guess you haven't seen the news.
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment