Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Watch them turn on each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch them turn on each other

Jamie Foxx, one of the most pro-black actors in Hollywood is in trouble with the new kids on the block (not the group )...

Source: http://time.com/3763111/jamie-foxx-transphobic-bruce-jenner/

Jamie Foxx is under fire for telling jokes during his opening monologue at the iHeartRadio Music Awards Sunday night about Bruce Jenner’s reported — but unconfirmed — transition to living as a woman.

“We got Bruce Jenner, who will be here doing some musical performances,” the host said. “He’s doing a his-and-her duet all by himself.”

Foxx added: “Look, I’m just busting your ***** while I still can.

© Copyright Original Source

Perez Hilton tweeted:

Boo! Shame on you #iHeartAwards for allowing @iamjamiefoxx to be transphobic on national television! Those #BruceJenner jokes were wrong!!!

The latest sacred cow going after the previous one...
    Last edited by Bill the Cat; 06-09-2015, 11:55 AM.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

It's offensive because he's implying that transgender people change genders

these days people LOVE to publicly destroy others in the name of Social Justice .. which also conveniently draws attention to how righteous one is of course...
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

For some reason this story reminds me of this verse: "They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us."
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Perez Hilton tweeted:

Boo! Shame on you #iHeartAwards for allowing @iamjamiefoxx to be transphobic on national television! Those #BruceJenner jokes were wrong!!!
        That just proves that Perez Hilton is a racist. How dare he criticize an Oscar winning black man.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Now if the joke was directed towards a Catholic and was about him being a boy-hungry pedophile, or towards a Republican and was about him being a hateful, racist bigot who likes to kill poor people, none of these "boo! that's offensive! shame on you!" folks would bat an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
            Now if the joke was directed towards a Catholic and was about him being a boy-hungry pedophile, or towards a Republican and was about him being a hateful, racist bigot who likes to kill poor people, none of these "boo! that's offensive! shame on you!" folks would bat an eye.
            Nobody is born Catholic or Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
              So?
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Jamie Foxx, one of the most pro-black actors in Hollywood is in trouble with the new kids on the block (not the group )...

Source: http://time.com/3763111/jamie-foxx-transphobic-bruce-jenner/

Jamie Foxx is under fire for telling jokes during his opening monologue at the iHeartRadio Music Awards Sunday night about Bruce Jenner’s reported — but unconfirmed — transition to living as a woman.

“We got Bruce Jenner, who will be here doing some musical performances,” the host said. “He’s doing a his-and-her duet all by himself.”

Foxx added: “Look, I’m just busting your ***** while I still can.

© Copyright Original Source

Perez Hilton tweeted:

The latest sacred cow going after the previous one...
                I don't understand the misuse of homphobic and transphobic.
                He made a joke, how is he afraid of them?
                Last edited by Bill the Cat; 06-09-2015, 11:55 AM.
                "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

That wasn't even the point...
                  "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                  "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                  Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    So?
                    Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                    That wasn't even the point...
                    Making fun of someone for the way they were born is different from making fun of someone for the choices they've made. CMD's point was that there is hypocrisy when there is not. It's just sour grapes.

Comment

Making fun of someone for the way they were born is different from making fun of someone for the choices they've made. CMD's point was that there is hypocrisy when there is not. It's just sour grapes.
                      So there'd be no outrage if the target was Muslim and Jamie Foxx was making offensive jokes about Islam?

How about if the target was Native American and he was making offensive jokes about how stupid his tribe's beliefs and rituals are?

Or maybe some offensive jokes aimed at an African tribesman that are all about how stupid and ugly looking his religious tattoos and/or piercings are?

Yeah, I'm sure that would all go over just fine with the liberal outrage brigade.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                        I don't understand the misuse of homphobic and transphobic.
                        He made a joke, how is he afraid of them?
                        Because they are made-up words that have no anchor in reality, thus they can be used as bludgeons without regard for grammatical accuracy.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's not news that someone from one oppressed demographic isn't necessarily going to be caring about people in another oppressed demographic.

Hopefully, Foxx will learn, apologize, and move on without sweating it too much. Everyone makes mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                            It's not news that someone from one oppressed demographic isn't necessarily going to be caring about people in another oppressed demographic.

Hopefully, Foxx will learn, apologize, and move on without sweating it too much. Everyone makes mistakes.
                            You can't be from an oppressed demographic if your demographic is aligned with the political and cultural hegemony of your time (liberalism). You know, like you can't be racist against white people in progressive mythology because white people are the majority.
                            Last edited by Darth Executor; 03-31-2015, 11:28 AM.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                              So there'd be no outrage if the target was Muslim and Jamie Foxx was making offensive jokes about Islam?

How about if the target was Native American and he was making offensive jokes about how stupid his tribe's beliefs and rituals are?

Or maybe some offensive jokes aimed at an African tribesman that are all about how stupid and ugly looking his religious tattoos and/or piercings are?

Yeah, I'm sure that would all go over just fine with the liberal outrage brigade.
                              If it was clear somehow that those jokes were totally unrelated to race, and we are speaking generally, I think it would. It would be a more delicate issue because those latter two cultural practices are more closely tied to racial identity due to historical context.

Comment