Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ted Cruz signs on to ObamaCare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Cruz signs on to ObamaCare!

How about that, the loudest critic of ObamaCare opts in. Got to love it!

I hate shoes. I still wear them.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Cruz doesn't have to use the ACA exchanges even to get covered, though. He could just shop outside of the exchanges using the insurers' own web sites. He could pay the fine. 'Course, that prevents him from complaining about every little thing that happened to him when he was using employer-based coverage, too, or possibly (if he's really clueless) pretending that his Goldman-Sachs plan can be pitched as what everyone would get without Obamacare.
      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

So, you going to sign up for ObamaCare as well CP?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Ted Cruz signs on to ObamaCare!
          Because if he didn't he would be violating the law. Since he announced his intent to run for president his wife, who is pretty high up at the global investing banking firm Goldman Sachs, announced that she would be taking a leave of absence. Until then they received coverage through Goldman Sachs but now they no longer were covered.

So they signed up for Obamacare in order to abide by the law because, whether you disagree with it or not, it is still the law.

I guess you would prefer that he ignored the law so you could start a thread about how Cruz is a contemptuous scofflaw.
          Last edited by rogue06; 03-26-2015, 10:28 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Because if he didn't he would be violating the law. Since he announced his intent to run for president his wife, who is pretty high up at the global investing banking firm Goldman Sachs, announced that she would be taking a leave of absence. Until then they received coverage through Goldman Sachs but now they no longer were covered.

So they signed up for Obamacare in order to abide by the law because, whether you disagree with it or not, it is still the law.

I guess you would prefer that he ignored the law so you could start a thread about how Cruz is a contemptuous scofflaw.
            Cruz could pay the fine, as social Conservative groups were attempting to convince "young invincibles" to do in 2013.

Of course, that would be grossly irresponsible for an individual, especially a parent, to do. Which leads to the inevitable question: what to do with the 16 million people who have received coverage? If Obamacare is at least better than no care, what concrete steps has Cruz or the GOP taken to ensure comparable coverage, give the many Obamacare repeal votes? We've been waiting five years for the Republicans' alternative plan.
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

So they signed up for Obamacare...
              Not so fast, bucko! Obama won't let him!

Source: NewYorker

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) — Just hours after Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told CNN that he had no choice but to sign up for Obamacare, President Barack Obama signed an executive order making Cruz ineligible for coverage under the Affordable Care Act.

“Clearly, the hardship of receiving Obamacare was causing Ted a great deal of pain,” the President said. “This should take care of that.”

Obama acknowledged that the executive order, which makes Cruz the only American expressly forbidden from signing up for Obamacare, was an extraordinary measure, but added, “I felt it was a necessary humanitarian gesture to protect Ted from the law he hates.”

© Copyright Original Source

of course, this is the humor section
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                So, you going to sign up for ObamaCare as well CP?
                Only if it's best option for me, Jimmy. So far, it's not.

But thank you ever so kindly for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Cruz could pay the fine...
                  As I said

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Cruz doesn't have to use the ACA exchanges even to get covered, though. He could just shop outside of the exchanges using the insurers' own web sites. He could pay the fine. 'Course, that prevents him from complaining about every little thing that happened to him when he was using employer-based coverage, too, or possibly (if he's really clueless) pretending that his Goldman-Sachs plan can be pitched as what everyone would get without Obamacare.
                    Do you know for sure he signed up, Sam?

I'm seeing "hasn't yet decided", but trying to figure out the dates of the articles - which is the most current. And since Jimmy didn't provide a linky.....

As of this morning, he hadn't decided according to Politico.
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 03-26-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Not so fast, bucko! Obama won't let him!

Source: NewYorker

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) — Just hours after Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told CNN that he had no choice but to sign up for Obamacare, President Barack Obama signed an executive order making Cruz ineligible for coverage under the Affordable Care Act.

“Clearly, the hardship of receiving Obamacare was causing Ted a great deal of pain,” the President said. “This should take care of that.”

Obama acknowledged that the executive order, which makes Cruz the only American expressly forbidden from signing up for Obamacare, was an extraordinary measure, but added, “I felt it was a necessary humanitarian gesture to protect Ted from the law he hates.”

© Copyright Original Source

of course, this is the humor section
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

As I said
                        Paying the fine isn't "ignoring the law," as the GOP drilled into our heads previously. It's the "smart" economic decision!

But the point remains: Cruz, who is an absolute opponent of the ACA and wants to repeal it without providing any sort of alternative, nevertheless finds it preferable to his family being uninsured.

So if insurance is that important to Cruz, why does he or any other Republican think it's not -equally- important to those 16 million other people?

Comment

Cruz, who is an absolute opponent of the ACA and wants to repeal it without providing any sort of alternative
                          Is this a fact?

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...re-alternative

Comment

Do you know for sure he signed up, Sam?

I'm seeing "hasn't yet decided", but trying to figure out the dates of the articles - which is the most current. And since Jimmy didn't provide a linky.....

As of this morning, he hadn't decided according to Politico.
                            Last I read, Cruz said he "assumed" that he would be using the exchanges and was "transitioning to do just that" or something very similar. I can guarantee that he won't keep his kids unprotected -- he's an ideologue but he's not stupid.

Comment

Yeah, until Cruz shows any more detail than a "sell across state lines!" proposal, I'll maintain it's a fact. This isn't the first week that Cruz has proposed repealing Obamacare, you know!

Comment