Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"That's sexist!": Words & terms you may not use when describing Hilary Clinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That's sexist!": Words & terms you may not use when describing Hilary Clinton

Remember the long list of words that were denounced by some of those on the left as being racist code words when associated with Obama? Things like "cool," "professor," "skinny," "Obamacare," "Chicago"... ad nauseam.

It looks like Hilary Clinton's supporters are ripping that page out of the Obama playbook and circulating a list of terms that are sexist if used in the same sentence as her name. New York Times' Amy Chozick tweeted yesterday that the pro-Hillary group HRC Super Volunteers warned her that "We will be watching, reading, listening and protesting coded sexism."

Here is the list:
    • polarizing
    • calculating
    • disingenuous
    • insincere
    • ambitious
    • inevitable
    • entitled
    • over confident

According to Daily Caller's political reporter Patrick Howley the following terms follow the ellipsis in Chozick's tweet:
    • secretive
    • will do anything to win
    • represents the past
    • out of touch

It seems more than a little ironic that this list was propagated so soon after Hilary herself made jokes at her own expense at a dinner about the public perception that she's too uptight and controlling.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I know why they want some of those off the table, but "inevitable"?

Comment

"Coded sexism"--another new one for me.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'm a little confused that "Obamacare" was apparently considered coded racism when associated with Obama when he himself said he approved of the word. I mean, it wouldn't be racist anyway, but when he said, "I like it," in response to Romney's use of it....

I just don't understand these people.

Comment

I'll just call her shrewd then.

Of course, you know, the Republicans better come up with a halfway decent alternative, otherwise I'll probably be voting for her.
          Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            I'm a little confused that "Obamacare" was apparently considered coded racism when associated with Obama when he himself said he approved of the word. I mean, it wouldn't be racist anyway, but when he said, "I like it," in response to Romney's use of it....

Yup. Obama even said that he liked the term because it showed that "Obama cares." And the White House even sold T-shirts and bumper stickers promoting "Obamacare."

But that didn't stop some from squealing that it was racist to use it. For instance, Daily Beast columnist and "special correspondent" Michael Tomasky accused Romney of "race-baiting" for using the term "Obamacare." Apparently when Romney was the governor in Massachusetts and they called the insurance reform that he supported "Romneycare" it was actually "Mormon-baiting" but nobody realized it except that special breed of liberal who is attuned to code words that nobody else notices[1]

Anyway, in the summer of 2012, Tomasky railed that Romney was a "spineless, disingenuous ... race-mongering pyromaniac" because he used the word "Obamacare" which Tomasky intoned was a "heavily loaded word" and an "insult."

And just a little over a year ago MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry proclaimed that it was "intended as a derogatory term, meant to shame and divide and demean."

1. They call them "dog whistles" because only racists can hear and detect them blissfully unaware what this must say about themselves since they claim to be able to hear and detect them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
              I'll just call her shrewd then.
              All you needed was this to make it complete

Comment

Racism is just an excuse to shut down certain types of discourse

I mean, it wouldn't be racist anyway, but when he said, "I like it," in response to Romney's use of it....
                Consider the n-word (I'd use it but would probably get banned). Off-limit for whites but many blacks freely use it.

Comment

"Coded sexism"--another new one for me.
                  It's like critical race theory saying that all whites, without exception, are racists, and so literally everything they say and do is racist on some level.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

"Sexist" is a synonym for "communicating observable truths about women in an efficient and commonly-understood fashion."

Comment

Apparently, "Hillary" is now demeaning:

As Clinton gets ready to kick off her campaign for the White House, some wonder whether calling a female candidate by her first name reinforces gender stereotypes.
                      I will henceforth refer to her by her proper title: America's Universal and Inevitable Drunk Mother-In-Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post

I will henceforth refer to her by her proper title: America's Universal and Inevitable Drunk Mother-In-Law.
                        God, my mother in law hated me!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think we should refer to her as "She Who Shall Not Be Named (For Reasons of Sexism)."

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post

I just saw this on Drudge. It seems nobody got the message to her campaign.

From her in the 2008 race:
                            0000000000hc5.jpg0000000000hcp1.jpg

And what's being floated for 2016:
                            0000000000hc4.jpg0000000000hc3.jpg0000000000hc6.jpg

Comment

Bumbling American Twitter Feed is harsh (but fair):

Obama says Hillary would make an "excellent president" for a stumbling, post-menopausal republic

Comment