Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary(ous) talks about her emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary(ous) talks about her emails

If you haven't heard, the controversy is that Hillary used her personal email account to receive national job related emails on her personal account.

When called on it she came up with a pretty lame excuse:

"When I got to work as secretary of state," she said, "I opted for convenience to use my personal e-mail account — which was allowed by the State Department — because I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal e-mails instead of two."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._that_she.html

Derp! I have had multiple email accounts on my iphone for years. Not a problem.

Plus....

She admitted on TV that she carries an iphone and a blackberry already, as well as an ipad.

This is as bad as the Lerner "lost emails" fiasco.

Well, having two email accounts on a single device IS pretty inconvenient.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Well, having two email accounts on a single device IS pretty inconvenient.
      eh?
      Was that sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        eh?
        Was that sarcasm?
        Yeah. The excuses made by politicians are so lame I can't believe anyone takes them seriously, on any level.

Comment

Yeah. The excuses made by politicians are so lame I can't believe anyone takes them seriously, on any level.
          and what is really scary is that these people run the world, and control nuclear missiles and they don't even know how to use an iPhone.

Comment

Dick Morris, who worked for the Clintons and has made it obvious for years that he loathes Hilary, is saying don't expect to find much in her emails. That is, he says, because she can't type (she always takes notes on yellow legal pads and wrote her book outlines by hand). He suggests checking the emails of her aides, Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills, and notes that Hillary set up and used private emails with them for official business.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So is the use of a personal email for official business illegal, or just against policy? I'm a little foggy on the details.

Comment

So is the use of a personal email for official business illegal, or just against policy? I'm a little foggy on the details.
                Seems like a big security risk to me. It's not that hard to hack a personal email server. I would think the official government servers are a bit more secure, and backed up regularly. They also have IT people available to instantly check on any hacking attempts.

Hillary's email server sounds like it was just set up on a personal computer, by some computer nerd friend of theirs.

Comment

EGGzackly --- like when somebody's hard drive failed and they said they lost all the emails --- only a computer incompetent person would NOT know that emails are stored on a server, not on the individual machine.

(though, the individual machine can certainly have a cached copy of all the emails)
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Makes you wonder. Don't they actually check their made-up excuses with experts before announcing them to the world? Surely they have some actual IT experts around that can tell them that what they are saying is nonsense.

Comment

Makes you wonder. Don't they actually check their made-up excuses with experts before announcing them to the world? Surely they have some actual IT experts around that can tell them that what they are saying is nonsense.
                      It is in the liberal training manual that people are stupid, and will believe anything you tell them.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There are federal requirements to "retain" email and be able to produce them should a motion for discovery ever be filed. The government servers meet these retention policies. There is no guaranty that individual email accounts do, or can.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          It is in the liberal training manual that people are stupid, and will believe anything you tell them.
                          Well they sure do (the democrats)

Or maybe the IT folks were laughing so hard they couldn't get the words out that Hillary was making such a lame excuse.

Comment

Well they sure do (the democrats)

Or maybe the IT folks were laughing so hard they couldn't get the words out that Hillary was making such a lame excuse.
                            Or facepalming that she'd...

yeah, you have to wonder if her handlers actually....

yeah!

Comment