Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Plastic stuff in oceans versus "climate change"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't mean to provoke Sylas so that he writes "way over the top absurd."
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      To add some clarity, climate change as a natural, harmless cycling of the earth's temperatures is certainly real. In the past, the earth has cycled hotter than present, and it has cycled colder than present. There's no reason to be alarmed. It's just what the earth does.

What's not real is catastrophic, anthropogenic climate change that can only be stopped by checking off every box on a liberal's social agenda "to do" list.
      Wow.... I don't even know.... How.exactly do you extrapolate that fron the data? Even the YEC's I know accept it..
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
        Wow.... I don't even know.... How.exactly do you extrapolate that fron the data? Even the YEC's I know accept it..
        I don't know any that do accept "climate change". I'm a YEC myself though, so that could be part of it. Oh, and IIRC mossrose doesn't accept "climate change" either.

Too many disastrously failed predictions that I've been hearing since I've been a kid. Stuff like the coasts being flooded, or needing special protective equipment[1] to go outside in just a few decades. Really early in my life I was hearing stuff about a coming ice age. Those are just a few off the top of my head. The first two were part of educational videos at my school, so I don't exactly have access to those.

1. The kid was wearing a heavy duty hazmat suit just to go outside into a bright blinding light in the video.

Comment

I certainly hope the global warming skeptics turn out to be right...
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            That's the best part! They don't have to face the consequences if they aren't. It's win-win.

Comment

Didn't people say that warming would be better on balance? More food per person, for one thing.
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                You don't need to hope. You just need to trust the data.

Climate alarmists, on the other hand, obviously don't trust the data. Otherwise, they wouldn't feel the need to constantly "adjust" it.

"Our theories are right! It's reality that's wrong!"
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                  Didn't people say that warming would be better on balance? More food per person, for one thing.
                  Yes, a warmer climate and higher concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere has many positive benefits that are often ignored by those who seem to think there is a direct link between the quality of the environment and how much money they can extract from your wallet.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-30-2015, 08:26 AM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment