Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson police are brutal, racist, and corrupt extortionists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    That makes sense. I'm more optimistic that replacing a Chief could fix a system, because any department in any field spirals out of control when it's clear the boss doesn't care.
    EGGzackly - and it needs to be a credible individual with a record of problem solving.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If a police chief is dumb enough to take the job, he's probably not capable enough to fix anything.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        If a police chief is dumb enough to take the job, he's probably not capable enough to fix anything.
        Perhaps it is a foreign concept that some people think about more than themselves.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Perhaps it is a foreign concept that some people think about more than themselves.
          Such people would fall under the dumb category. Smart ones would find less morally ambiguous situations to insert themselves into.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

I'm curious if you would phrase Jesus' reaction to the moneychangers in the temple as the "feels".
            I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              And it HAS to be a black police chief, because the liberals and the black plantation owners have made this a black problem to solve.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'd be curious what percentage of black Americans really believe "snitches get stitches".
                Apparently those in Ferguson.

v5xUe1Q.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Apparently those in Ferguson.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4712[/ATTACH]
                  So we have one person who spray painted that on a wall. That doesn't really answer my question...

I do know there's more than that, though. I read the other day about how there was a murder in Kansas City and a whole crowd ran away instead of talking to the police. But do these people vote at the same level as the black people who quietly mind their own business?
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

So we have one person who spray painted that on a wall. That doesn't really answer my question...
                    It's a pretty common theme - often inserted into cop dramas and movies - a meme, of sorts.

I do know there's more than that, though. I read the other day about how there was a murder in Kansas City and a whole crowd ran away instead of talking to the police. But do these people vote at the same level as the black people who quietly mind their own business?
                    Vote? Those who peacefully mind there business are afraid of being labeled as oreos by those who maintain this code of "don't talk to police".

Comment

well according to the news, those "snitches get stitches" signs are all over Ferguson. The only reason for them is that criminals want to continue to break the law and scare anyone away from talking to the police. No wonder crime is so high in such areas. So the signs apparently work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        well according to the news, those "snitches get stitches" signs are all over Ferguson. The only reason for them is that criminals want to continue to break the law and scare anyone away from talking to the police. No wonder crime is so high in such areas. So the signs apparently work.
                        Ferguson will soon be another Detroit -- the crowning achievement of liberalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          And it HAS to be a black police chief, because the liberals and the black plantation owners have made this a black problem to solve.
                          A black police chief would probably go right back to cracking skull to fill his 401k with. The media would go away though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            It's a pretty common theme - often inserted into cop dramas and movies - a meme, of sorts.

Vote? Those who peacefully mind there business are afraid of being labeled as oreos by those who maintain this code of "don't talk to police".
                            I mentioned voting because of my conversation with DE earlier. He said that conservatives and black people are just political enemies and that's the way it is. (I think accepting that as a reality and being fine with it does not reflect Kingdom thinking myself...)

Comment

I mentioned voting because of my conversation with DE earlier. He said that conservatives and black people are just political enemies and that's the way it is.
                              Let's not put words in my mouth. I never said this reality should be accepted. I'm just pointing out why your "solution" is unworkable. You take one group's grievances at face value then wonder why X group doesn't think exactly like you do about it. Even if you are utterly convinced in your understanding of the sociology involved and your solutions, even you should be able to understand that your one-sided selective assault is just gonna piss off the group you want to persuade. I'm under no delusions that if I went to a black community meeting and told them "hey, your troubles are mostly your fault, fix your crap" I'd be met with anything other than explosive retaliation, even though I think I'm right. But to you (and Spartacus and others) that sounds like a swell idea when done to "conservatives". There's no easy solution, even for a genius like me. I guess that's not "Kingdom thinking" though.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                                I wouldn't.
                                Why not?

Comment