Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Two police officers ambushed in Ferguson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a shot come from 500 feet?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...50312?irpc=932.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      sure.
      It would be a lucky shot if it were a handgun.

Comment

Depends on the firearm used. With a rifle? Relatively easy. With a handgun? Definitely a luck shot. But keep in mind other reports say the shooter was standing 150' away. That's still a lucky shot but not so much. Using an old Colt Navy revolver Wild Bill Hickok shot and killed Davis Tutt at a distance of 225'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm finding it interesting that there is a certain group of twebbers not posting in this thread. one wonders why?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Using an old Colt Navy revolver Wild Bill Hickok shot and killed Davis Tutt at a distance of 225'
            And if memory serves, he hit Tutt dead center in the heart. A shot that would make a Marine proud!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Really??? I heard one of them was shot in the face.
              And he's been released from the hospital with the bullet still in his head! Apparently he was shot just below the eye and the bullet is lodged behind his ear.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Depends on the firearm used. With a rifle? Relatively easy. With a handgun? Definitely a luck shot. But keep in mind other reports say the shooter was standing 150' away. That's still a lucky shot but not so much. Using an old Colt Navy revolver Wild Bill Hickok shot and killed Davis Tutt at a distance of 225'
                St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said in a press conference that they think that the shot was fired from around 350' away and was likely from a handgun. That is some skilled shooting.

Considering that one officer was shot in the face and has been released from the hospital with the bullet still lodged behind his ear makes me think that a small caliber weapon was used like a .22. If so that sort of ammunition can be fired from both a handgun and rifle.

Comment

I guess they can't get the bullet out without causing damage.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                    Yes, but that's rare and is mostly bad because it provides an excuse for racial majorities to ignore racism.
                    So, you agree that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson should just shut the heck up?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I guess they can't get the bullet out without causing damage.
                      Or that it isn't endangering him and that they want any swelling to go down before attempting a removal

Comment