Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Two police officers ambushed in Ferguson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two police officers ambushed in Ferguson

Neither of the officers shot were from that department. Thankfully, neither were killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/12/us/fer...sts/index.html
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

I was just getting ready to start a thread on this when I saw yours.
    ----------------------------------
    From ABC news:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-offi...ry?id=29573803
    The two Missouri police officers shot overnight in Ferguson were standing in a line of about 25 other cops when they were shot as protests were dwindling -- and that the cops were "lucky" they weren't killed, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said today.

Belmar said they heard "hear three or four shots ring out" before the officers were hurt, both of whom were seriously wounded from a shooter standing about 150 feet away.

"We are lucky by God's grace that we didn't lose two police officers," he said.

[and what is ironic is Eric Holder's comments]

In a statement this morning, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said, "This heinous assault on two brave law enforcement officers was inexcusable and repugnant. I condemn violence against any public safety officials in the strongest terms, and the Department of Justice will never accept any threats or violence directed at those who serve and protect our communities..."

---
    yeah right. His report is part of what caused the riots and the incident. And he didn't seem to care about violence against public safety officials when he was defending Michael Brown's attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I was just getting ready to start a thread on this when I saw yours.
      ----------------------------------
      From ABC news:
      http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-offi...ry?id=29573803
      The two Missouri police officers shot overnight in Ferguson were standing in a line of about 25 other cops when they were shot as protests were dwindling -- and that the cops were "lucky" they weren't killed, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said today.

Belmar said they heard "hear three or four shots ring out" before the officers were hurt, both of whom were seriously wounded from a shooter standing about 150 feet away.

"We are lucky by God's grace that we didn't lose two police officers," he said.

[and what is ironic is Eric Holder's comments]

In a statement this morning, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said, "This heinous assault on two brave law enforcement officers was inexcusable and repugnant. I condemn violence against any public safety officials in the strongest terms, and the Department of Justice will never accept any threats or violence directed at those who serve and protect our communities..."

---
      yeah right. His report is part of what caused the riots and the incident. And he didn't seem to care about violence against public safety officials when he was defending Michael Brown's attack.
      Holder is such a jackass - everything he says and does inflames the situation, then he does this goofy "I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say" routine.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Holder is such a jackass - everything he says and does inflames the situation, then he does this goofy "I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say" routine.
        Reminds me of "reverand" Al Sharpton. Stir up issues then feign surprise and continue bloviating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Reminds me of "reverand" Al Sharpton. Stir up issues then feign surprise and continue bloviating.
          Yeah, but Sharpton's just a low life racebaiting buffoon --- Holder is actually an intelligent man who should know better.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Fortunately, both have been released from the hospital
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Violence is bad. Racial oppression is bad.

Hoping for a better situation in the future all around. :(

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                Violence is bad. Racial oppression is bad.
                Profiteering off racism under the guise of addressing racism is horrible.

Comment

It seems so often, politically motivated shooters end up getting unintended targets instead. This shooter got another agency's officers (though perhaps they were just after all police in general). When the white supremacist opened fire at the Jewish Community Center and yelled "Heil Hitler" last year, all three of his victims were actually Christians.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    It seems so often, politically motivated shooters end up getting unintended targets instead. This shooter got another agency's officers (though perhaps they were just after all police in general). When the white supremacist opened fire at the Jewish Community Center and yelled "Heil Hitler" last year, all three of his victims were actually Christians.
                    Yeah, unfortunately, there's no law against profound stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Profiteering off racism under the guise of addressing racism is horrible.
                      Yes, but that's rare and is mostly bad because it provides an excuse for racial majorities to ignore racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Fortunately, both have been released from the hospital
                        Really??? I heard one of them was shot in the face.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                          Yes, but that's rare and is mostly bad because it provides an excuse for racial majorities to ignore racism.
                          I agree, your racism is horrible and should be obliterated.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Really??? I heard one of them was shot in the face.
                            Yup. According to the lead story on CNN
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Police have taken two men and a woman from a Ferguson, Missouri, home to be questioned in the shooting of two officers, police say
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment