Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Witch Hunt Is On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witch Hunt Is On!

Heaven forbid, he dared to speak his mind!

A chaplain who once ministered to Navy SEALs could be thrown out of the military after he was accused of failing “to show tolerance and respect” in private counseling sessions in regards to issues pertaining to faith, marriage and sexuality, specifically homosexuality and pre-marital sex, according to documents obtained exclusively by Fox News.

To be clear, Chaplain Modder does not dispute that during private, one-on-one pastoral care and counseling sessions, he expressed his sincerely held religious belief that: sexual acts outside of marriage are contrary to Biblical teaching; and homosexual behavior is contrary to Biblical teaching; and homosexual orientation or temptation, as distinct from conduct, is not sin,” Berry said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...stian-beliefs/

illustration_281_1_freedom_of_speech-400x506.jpg
    Last edited by seer; 03-10-2015, 08:36 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Sigh even the armed forces is cowing down to the Bullies?
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 03-10-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      Sigh even teh armed forces is cowing down to the Bullies?
      Just shows the need to get the Tolerance Police out of office in 2016 before they do any more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
        Just shows the need to get the Tolerance Police out of office in 2016 before they do any more damage.
        Let's hope and pray!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
          It's an institutional problem and removing the figurehead won't change anything.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            It's an institutional problem and removing the figurehead won't change anything.
            Do you recommend doing nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Let's hope and pray!
              I pray for the nation regularly. I do not have much hope with the level of freebies, and the level of ignorance among voters.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Do you recommend doing nothing?
                What I recommend would get me banned.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

What's the point of military chaplains if not to offer Biblical counseling and advice? Sounds like they'd rather have "Dr." Phil instead.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-12-2015, 11:25 AM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    What's the point of military chaplains if not to offer Biblical counciling and advice? Sounds like they'd rather have "Dr." Phil instead.
                    The military does have non-religious counselors too. The chaplain service employs various faiths, chaplains for Christians (sometimes even different denominations), Jews, Muslims, etc. -- but if someone want's non-religious advice they can go to a regular counselor, or a therapist.

For example, the Army Chaplain Corp mission statement is:
                    Mission Statement:
                    The U.S. Army Chaplain Corps provides religious support to America's Army while assisting commanders in ensuring the right of free exercise of religion for all Soldiers.
                    http://www.army.mil/chaplaincorps

and the job description for chaplain says:
                    As an Army chaplain you will have the responsibility of caring for the spiritual well-being of Soldiers and their Families. An Army chaplain’s flock can consist of over 1,500 people.

The Army chaplaincy is a religiously diverse population reflecting the diversity of the Army, yet each chaplain ministers according to the tenets of his or her distinctive faith community. Unlike most officers in the Army, a chaplain begins serving as a staff officer immediately.

Comment

So let me guess: an openly gay service member went to a Christian chaplain knowing exactly what sort of counseling he would receive so he could make a bunch of noise about it.

It's the same old story whether it's a Christian photographer, or a Christian baker, or a Christian chaplain. And here the homosexual community assured us that they just wanted equal rights and that suppressing religious expression was the furthest thing from their minds.

Comment

So let me guess: an openly gay service member went to a Christian chaplain knowing exactly what sort of counseling he would receive so he could make a bunch of noise about it.
                        Bingo and if the liberals on this board willyfully blind themselves to this fact then they showing themselves to be the Ignorent Intolerant bigots not those they falsely accuse of being such to try and shut them up. Let me clue them in on something they do not have the right to be protected from speech that upsets or offends them.

It's the same old story whether it's a Christian photographer, or a Christian baker, or a Christian chaplain. And here the homosexual community assured us that they just wanted equal rights and that suppressing religious expression was the furthest thing from their minds.
                        Yep bullying tactics of those who have shown themselves to be the hypocritical intolerant bigots they falsely accuse others of being.
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 03-16-2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                          Bingo and if the liberal on this board willy blind themselves to this fact then they showing themselves to be the Ignorent Intolerant bigots not those they falsely accuse of being such to try and shut them up. Let me clue them in on something they do not have the right to be protected from speech that upsets or offends them.

Yep bullying tactics of those who have shown themselves to be the hypocritical intolerant bigots they falsely accuse others of being.
                          Back in the day I remember the liberal mantra (during the anti-war movement) - "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it." That was a lie then and it is a lie now.

Comment

What they meant was "I don't agree with what you say, and I will fight to the death to stop you from saying it."

Comment

What they meant was "I don't agree with what you say, and I will fight to the death to stop you from saying it."
                              That is what it turned out to be - besides these cowards probably would not fight to the death to save their own family...

Comment