Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Former UK Equality chief: anti-racism 'utterly wrong'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former UK Equality chief: anti-racism 'utterly wrong'

Writer and broadcaster Trevor Phillips said efforts made under the Blair government turned anti-racism into an 'ugly new doctrine'. Mr Phillips is the former chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission and has waged a 30-year campaign to tackle issues around discrimination and equality. In an upcoming Channel 4 documentary, called Things We Won't Say About Race That Are True, he says attempts to stop prejudice instead encouraged abuse and endangered lives...

He explains: 'It was my job to to make sure that different racial and religious groups got on...Campaigners like me seriously believed that if we could prevent people expressing prejudiced ideas then eventually they would stop thinking them. But now I'm convinced we were utterly wrong.'

Mr Phillips, a Labour party member, says anti-racism began with good intentions but turned into 'thought control'. He says the London 2005 bombing by British Muslims, forced him to do rethink his views. Now, he insists that only a willingness to talk more openly about race, despite risk of causing offence, will help those in need.

we must stop this madman before people are forced to hear something that might offend them
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
      we must stop this madman before people are forced to hear something that might offend them

Can't they bring the rack back in the UK?

Medieval-Torture-Rack.jpg
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm guessing this documentary won't be available outside the UK?
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I'm guessing this documentary won't be available outside the UK?
          I think you can view it online live and it should be kept as a recording too.

Comment