Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Who Didn't See This Coming?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who Didn't See This Coming?

    THREE-WAY same-sex marriage: Gay Thai men tie the knot in 'fairytale ceremony'


    Three gay men from Thailand have tied the knot in what is thought to be the world's first three-way same-sex marriage.

    Happy newlyweds Joke, 29, Bell, 21 and Art, 26, took the plunge on Valentine's Day after exchanging their vows in a fairy-tale ceremony at their home in Uthai Thani Province, Thailand.

    The three blushing grooms are thought to be the world's only wedded male threesome and have since become internet sensations after photos from their big day went viral.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-ceremony.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  • #2
    Repeat after me, "There is no slippery slope!"

    Comment


    • #3
      NO Slippery Slope at all!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Repeat after me, "There is no slippery slope!"
        There is no slip...ah nuts

        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

        "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

        Comment


        • #5
          Sometimes the slippery slope isn't a fallacy.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Sometimes the slippery slope isn't a fallacy.
            exactly...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, the marriage isn't legally recognized.

              Those silly Buddhists.
              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                Well, the marriage isn't legally recognized.

                Those silly Buddhists.
                Well I see no legal reason why the US would restrict polyamorous marriage since we have already redefined it.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am betting if the US does allow polygamy, the Mormon church will suddenly get another revelation that it is OK again.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Well I see no legal reason why the US would restrict polyamorous marriage since we have already redefined it.
                    Hmm. I suppose it would have to be made legal in one of the states first. Then it could be made legal in the rest of the country thanks to the 14th Amendment... possibly. Yeah, that might work. I wonder which state would go first?
                    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                      Hmm. I suppose it would have to be made legal in one of the states first. Then it could be made legal in the rest of the country thanks to the 14th Amendment... possibly. Yeah, that might work. I wonder which state would go first?

                      Utah?
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Utah?
                        Too obvious. Besides, they're a little too sensitive about that kind of thing these days. I'd suspect an insidious Buddhist Progressive infiltration someplace. Possibly California. Or it could start in Canada and move into Washington State. Or... Michigan.
                        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                          Too obvious. Besides, they're a little too sensitive about that kind of thing these days. I'd suspect an insidious Buddhist Progressive infiltration someplace. Possibly California. Or it could start in Canada and move into Washington State. Or... Michigan.
                          I don't know why, but my instincts are telling me to invoke Poe's law.
                          ~Formerly known as Chrawnus~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                            I don't know why, but my instincts are telling me to invoke Poe's law.
                            You mean since one of the participants is named "Joke"?

                            While it is mostly conservative leaning news outlets like the Daily Mail, Breitbart News‎, Free Republic and the Christian Post that are reporting it, I see that the left-leaning Daily Mirror has also picked up on it: "I do, I do, I do": Three men tie the knot in Thailand to become the world's first wedded threesome.

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              You mean since one of the participants is named "Joke"?

                              While it is mostly conservative leaning news outlets like the Daily Mail, Breitbart News‎, Free Republic and the Christian Post that are reporting it, I see that the left-leaning Daily Mirror has also picked up on it: "I do, I do, I do": Three men tie the knot in Thailand to become the world's first wedded threesome.
                              No, I'm wondering whether Yttrium is engaging in the time honoring act of trolling by pretending to be a poe. Mainly because of him mentioning "an insidious Buddhist Progressive infiltration".
                              ~Formerly known as Chrawnus~

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Esther, Yesterday, 12:09 PM
                              29 responses
                              169 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post mikewhitney  
                              Started by Gondwanaland, 11-25-2020, 01:42 PM
                              50 responses
                              264 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Andius
                              by Andius
                               
                              Started by Ronson, 11-25-2020, 11:16 AM
                              11 responses
                              92 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Juvenal, 11-25-2020, 04:13 AM
                              14 responses
                              70 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Terraceth  
                              Started by shunyadragon, 11-24-2020, 06:20 PM
                              22 responses
                              140 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X