Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Clinton And Illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton And Illegal?

Do those words go together?

WASHINGTON (AP) — The computer server that transmitted and received Hillary Rodham Clinton's emails — on a private account she used exclusively for official business when she was secretary of state — traced back to an Internet service registered to her family's home in Chappaqua, New York, according to Internet records reviewed by The Associated Press.

The highly unusual practice of a Cabinet-level official physically running her own email would have given Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate, impressive control over limiting access to her message archives.
    I think this illegal - correct?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b78ba...fficial-emails
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

In addition to issues of keeping records, there are security risks.

In 2008, Sarah Palin got her Yahoo email hacked because her security questions were really easy to figure out. (It's not an exact comparison because I think it was only her personal email.) While I'm sure Clinton didn't do that, it's also clear that those services can get hacked (and do all the time).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      In addition to issues of keeping records, there are security risks.

In 2008, Sarah Palin got her Yahoo email hacked because her security questions were really easy to figure out. (It's not an exact comparison because I think it was only her personal email.) While I'm sure Clinton didn't do that, it's also clear that those services can get hacked (and do all the time).
      And with Clinton I'm sure there were state secrets involved.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

not sure if it is illegal, but I would think that the government has its own email service and a security policy that official emails would need to go through that service and not a personal one. But for personal emails, you could use whatever you wanted.

Comment

My understanding is she was conducting official state business on the personal account.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

According to The Hill, it's not technically illegal. And they cite the NYTimes, so it HAS to be true!

Source: TheHill

Hillary Clinton's exclusive use of a personal email account to conduct official business as secretary of State caused seems to have stayed within the law, experts say.

“What she did was not technically illegal,” said Patrice McDermott, a former National Archives staffer and the head of the Open The Government coalition, a transparency group.

However, “it was highly inappropriate and it was inappropriate for the State Department to let this happen,” she said.

The New York Times on Monday reported that Clinton did not use an official government email account while serving in Obama’s Cabinet, nor did she back up the messages to a government server.
            John Wonderlich, the policy director at the Sunlight Foundation, agreed that the practice “seems like it’s not unlawful, which suggests to me that we’re in pretty serious need of a legal reform.”

“When the secretary of State of the United States is using personal email exclusively, that suggests a pretty serious public accountability program,” he added.

© Copyright Original Source

It is, however, either incredibly stupid, or classic Hillary "I'll do whatever I want to do and you can't stop me" crap.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

yep, it is not technically illegal, but it would be against government policy. Here at work we have a security policy saying everything official leaving the office has to be encrypted (flash drives and such) - while if someone disobeyed that policy they would not be breaking any laws (unless it was some HIPAA info) - they certainly could get terminated for doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                yep, it is not technically illegal, but it would be against government policy. Here at work we have a security policy saying everything official leaving the office has to be encrypted (flash drives and such) - while if someone disobeyed that policy they would not be breaking any laws (unless it was some HIPAA info) - they certainly could get terminated for doing it.
                You wonder is she was trying to hide anything concerning all those foreign governments that were donating to her foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  You wonder is she was trying to hide anything concerning all those foreign governments that were donating to her foundation.
                  She never has thought the rules applied to her.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment