Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why are teen girls trying to join ISIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are teen girls trying to join ISIS?

There have been several cases in the news recently of teen girls from the US/UK trying to fly overseas to join ISIS. Especially given their treatment of women in particular... what is the appeal? Are they falling in puppy love with the recruiters?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There have been several cases in the news recently of teen girls from the US/UK trying to fly overseas to join ISIS. Especially given their treatment of women in particular... what is the appeal? Are they falling in puppy love with the recruiters?
    They just need jobs!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

??Looking for someone to dominate them??
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Same appeal as 50 Shades of Grey. I think my signature is also of relevance here.
        Last edited by Darth Executor; 02-22-2015, 05:58 PM.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Are we talking girls with non-middle eastern origins?
          "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
          "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
          Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

AFAIK, no. There was a couple of Austrian girls who went off to ISIS to get married but they were of Bosnian muslim origin.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

So were the girls in Denver. I have no idea about the ones in England the other day (I just heard about it on the radio on the way home from work).
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Many young men, prizing the adventure and glory, naturally pursue the time-honoured masculine activity of fighting in a foreign land. Young women naturally react to such masculinity with lust. But lust is unlikely sufficient in most cases; the clicher is most probably the excuse of 'doing the righteous thing by serving Allah'. Unsupervised by their parents, these girls are groomed and seduced through social media, resulting in those as young as 14 years of age joining the Islamic State.

As Darth has noted, Ben Sira's wisdom is apropos as ever.

Comment

some women just want the bad boys. They usually regret it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    some women just want the bad boys. They usually regret it later.
                    How true. I was sitting in my eighth grade home room when two detectives and a uniformed officer came into the class, arrested and handcuffed me. The next day at school I could believe how many girls were fawning over me. That probably was a not a good lesson for me to learn.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment