Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Atheist Progressive Kills Three Muslims...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheist Progressive Kills Three Muslims...

Now class, ask yourselves; If this was a Christian, Tea Party member would not that info be shouted from the roof tops by the main stream media? How much do you want to bet that his liberal, atheistic proclivities will be buried or ignored by said media.

Police charged a Chapel Hill man Wednesday with first-degree murder in the deaths of three Muslim students in a quiet neighborhood near Meadowmont just south of N.C. 54.Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, is being held in the Durham County Jail on three counts of first-degree murder.

Hicks is accused of shooting his Finley Forest neighbors, Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23, and his wife Yusor Abu-Salha, 21, and Abu-Salha’s sister, Razan Abu-Salha, 19, of Raleigh.

A review of the Facebook page of the man charged in these murders, Craig Hicks, shows a consistent theme of anti-religion and progressive causes. Included in his many Facebook “likes” are the Huffington Post, Rachel Maddow, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Freedom from Religion Foundation, Bill Nye “The Science Guy,” Neil deGrasse Tyson, gay marriage groups, and a host of anti-conservative/Tea Party pages.

Remarkably, one of the four Facebook groups he had joined was “Religious Tolerance.”
    http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/02/11...n-progressive/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I'm more concerned that the media won't call him what he by definition is--a terrorist--whereas they wouldn't hesitate to use that term for a Muslim gunman.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
      I'm more concerned that the media won't call him what he by definition is--a terrorist--whereas they wouldn't hesitate to use that term for a Muslim gunman.
      Oh, he's "by definition" a terrorist? Even though this story isn't even a day old and they haven't finished preliminary investigations you already know that he did this to terrorize Muslims?

Comment

No he is a liberal atheist terrorist!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

This is about how idiotic Americans solve car parking disputes with guns.
          “Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, turned himself into police after shooting Deah Barakat, 23, and Yusor Mohammad, 21, a married couple; and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19 and Mohammad's sister, at an apartment complex. All three victims were shot in the head, according to WRAL.
          In a statement, the Chapel Hill Police Department said: "Our preliminary investigation indicates that the crime was motivated by an ongoing neighbour dispute over parking.”
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            This is about how idiotic Americans solve car parking disputes with guns.
            “Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, turned himself into police after shooting Deah Barakat, 23, and Yusor Mohammad, 21, a married couple; and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19 and Mohammad's sister, at an apartment complex. All three victims were shot in the head, according to WRAL.
            In a statement, the Chapel Hill Police Department said: "Our preliminary investigation indicates that the crime was motivated by an ongoing neighbour dispute over parking.”
            Yeah, but see, the victims were Muslims and the only reason a white person would ever kill a Muslim is as an act of terror. Because the bodies are probably still fairly warm so we should hurry up and politicize this.

Comment

Terrorists don't shoot people because of differences regarding a parking spot.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I swear, you people have the most boring thread titles. I came here to post this under the title "Neckbeard Rampage" only to find this atrocity already waiting for me.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  I swear, you people have the most boring thread titles. I came here to post this under the title "Neckbeard Rampage" only to find this atrocity already waiting for me.
                  Oh well!

Comment

No stereotypes shattered on this grim day.

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                      Oh, he's "by definition" a terrorist? Even though this story isn't even a day old and they haven't finished preliminary investigations you already know that he did this to terrorize Muslims?
                      Okay, what he seems to be--a terrorist. Contrary to what seer imagines, there are plenty of sources already mentioning that Hicks was intensely political and vocally anti-religion (assuming that the Facebook page that seems to be his is indeed his, at least). There certainly appears to be a makeable case that what he did constituted terrorism.

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      No he is a liberal atheist terrorist!
                      I might as well say he's a pro-gun white terrorist, since you seem to be so fond of politicizing everything that doesn't fit in with your personal positions.
                      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

Okay, what he seems to be--a terrorist. Contrary to what seer imagines, there are plenty of sources already mentioning that Hicks was intensely political and vocally anti-religion (assuming that the Facebook page that seems to be his is indeed his, at least). There certainly appears to be a makeable case that what he did constituted terrorism.
                        Really? Tell me if you see his liberal political affiliations in the major papers or on the Network News.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                          Yeah, but see, the victims were Muslims and the only reason a white person would ever kill a Muslim is as an act of terror. Because the bodies are probably still fairly warm so we should hurry up and politicize this.
                          Not at all, but the media seems to be much more willing to label a white killer "mentally disturbed" as opposed to someone of Middle-Eastern origins.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Really? Tell me if you see his liberal political affiliations in the major papers or on the Network News.
                            Not politics per se, but if you consider CNN to be a major news source, then you can see within this article:

In one post widely shared online, Hicks, who claimed he is an atheist, allegedly wrote: "When it comes to insults, your religion started this, not me. If your religion kept its big mouth shut, so would I."

Can't link to it due to profanity in the comment section, but Gawker (which is certainly no conservative-friendly site) acknowledges the possibility about it as well.

And the International Business Times mentions the possibility in its headline, and also makes Hicks' political affiliations clear:
                            http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chapel-hill...-would-1487502

Comment

There also seems to be a makeable case that it was, in fact, because of a parking dispute. Maybe we should wait a little while before beating our personal racially-tinged hobby horses instead of...
                              Originally posted by you
                              politicizing everything that doesn't fit in with your personal positions.
                              Last edited by Meta Knight; 02-11-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment