Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Atheist Progressive Kills Three Muslims...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
    Okay, what he seems to be--a terrorist. Contrary to what seer imagines, there are plenty of sources already mentioning that Hicks was intensely political and vocally anti-religion (assuming that the Facebook page that seems to be his is indeed his, at least). There certainly appears to be a makeable case that what he did constituted terrorism.

I might as well say he's a pro-gun white terrorist, since you seem to be so fond of politicizing everything that doesn't fit in with your personal positions.
    From your post, it is apparent that you haven't the foggiest notion of what terrorism really is.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      From your post, it is apparent that you haven't the foggiest notion of what terrorism really is.
      It's attacking and thereby causing fear in a group, usually through some deadly act of aggression, for some political cause--which is what I clearly hinted at in the post.
      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

It's attacking and thereby causing fear in a group, usually through some deadly act of aggression, for some political cause--which is what I clearly hinted at in the post.
        He's not terrorizing for whiteness or gun ownership so your comparison was nonsense.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          He's not terrorizing for whiteness or gun ownership so your comparison was nonsense.
          I was referring to his militant anti-religious stances.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

I was referring to his militant anti-religious stances.
            Which are furthered by his attack . . . how, exactly?

Terrorism has a goal. This was just parking space rage.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Pig, that would be true if it was Muslims, or homosexuals doing the same thing, but this was an ordinary white guy so it must be terrorism.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

By striking fear into other Muslims via leading them to worry that further attacks upon American Muslims will follow...and thereby coercing them to flee or be less visible in society.

Time will tell, I suppose, but for now, I find it vastly more difficult to believe that this happened because he got overheated about parking space.

Comment

By striking fear into other Muslims via leading them to worry that further attacks upon American Muslims will follow...and thereby coercing them to flee or be less visible in society.
                  Perhaps you could show me some evidence that he was using this attack as a platform to spread a message? Did he publish a manifesto before or after the attacks? Did he defiantly hole up and stridently proclaim his alleged message? (Hint: no, he turned himself in to police).

Time will tell, I suppose, but for now, I find it vastly more difficult to believe that this happened because he got overheated about parking space.
                  I'm not surprised that you find it difficult to believe. I find your difficulty naive at best and disingenuous at worst. Crimes of passion happen all too frequently, and are rarely over something logical.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think the term 'terrorist' means what you think it means...
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Ever hear of road rage?
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Terrorists don't shoot people because of differences regarding a parking spot.
                        maybe if the spot's in Israel
                        "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment