Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

My Kind Of Gals!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kind Of Gals!!!!!

You gotta love them!

The Kurdish female fighters bringing the fight to IS

Around a third of the Syrian Kurdish force is made up of women. On the front lines they fight alongside the men, taking the same risks and facing the same dangers.

When they see a woman with a gun, they're so afraid they begin to shake.”

Diren, 19 Female Kurdish fighter

"Women are the bravest fighters," says Diren, taking refuge from the scorching heat in the cool of an underground bunker.

She and three comrades are having lunch: flatbread, cheese and watermelon. Many of the fighters, like Diren, 19, are still teenagers.

"We're not scared of anything," she says. "We'll fight to the last. We'd rather blow ourselves up than be captured by IS."

Like the followers of the Islamic State, most Kurds are Sunni Muslims. But that is where the similarities end. Diren says that, to the fanatics of IS, a female fighter is "haram", anathema: a disturbing and scary sight.

"When they see a woman with a gun, they're so afraid they begin to shake. They portray themselves as tough guys to the world. But when they see us with our guns they run away. They see a woman as just a small thing. But one of our women is worth a hundred of their men."

_77406576_77406575.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29085242
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Annie, er, Aniya, Get Your gun.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      annie, er, aniya, get your gun.
      lol...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"When they see a woman with a gun, they're so afraid they begin to shake. They portray themselves as tough guys to the world. But when they see us with our guns they run away. They see a woman as just a small thing. But one of our women is worth a hundred of their men."
        The Kurds must be laughing in their beards that they got the idiots at BBC to believe this drivel.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          The Kurds must be laughing in their beards that they got the idiots at BBC to believe this drivel.
          Oh, come on --- go with the flow! I'll find this article for you in the New York Times, THEN you'll bleeve it!

And here it is!

Some have said the use of female fighters against ISIS is nothing more than a stratagem cooked up by Kurdish leaders. Because ISIS’ primitive, oppressive attitudes toward women and extremist interpretations of Quranic law, it was thought that they might be afraid of dying at the hands of a woman. “The theory is that ISIS fighters believe if a woman kills you, you don’t get to go to paradise,” writes Zack Beauchamp for Vox.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment