Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dark Skinned Racial Holy War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hamster
    replied
    Originally posted by whag View Post
    This isn't about a religious war. I asked why the common Christian values of these groups didn't prevent the race war. What went wrong here?
    Both groups reject the Christian value of neighborlove and probably over-emphasize some other parts of their religious background. The founder of the faith predicted that there'd be people whose claim to allegiance to Christianity was invalid and referred to these people as "tares"

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Because race wars antedate godless liberalism
    This particular one doesn't. In fact the reason why these groups are in proximity to each other in the first place is because of liberal multicultural policy.

and because you're describing a Christian group.
    Which Christian group am I describing?

Nice try. Protestants and Catholics have much in common.
    Yes, like wanton slaughter.

I have no idea what you mean in the OP. Most Blacks and Latinos spank their kids and are against birth control for religious reasons.
    What does spanking your kids or birth control have to do with anything? You're wrong on birth control anyway, most blacks are protestant and have no reason to oppose birth control. Heck, most Catholics don't oppose it.

Liberalism encourages these practices how?
    It doesn't and it's a stupid statement because they're not fighting over birth control or spanking their kids. Liberalism enforces multiculturalism though, which makes them retain outgroup status and puts them in close proximity to each other. Both groups vote heavily Democrat so liberals have a virtual political hegemony over their surroundings. According to liberals "diversity is our strength" so how come this strength is being used to "roam the streets looking for people of the other color to shoot."

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor
    Then why bring Christianity into it?
    Because race wars antedate godless liberalism and because you're describing a Christian group.

Christianity comes in many flavors, these groups don't have that many Christian values in common.
    Nice try. Protestants and Catholics have much in common.

Liberalism. Now could you answer the OP question please.
    I have no idea what you mean in the OP. Most Blacks and Latinos spank their kids and are against birth control for religious reasons. Liberalism encourages these practices how?

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    This isn't about a religious war.
    Then why bring Christianity into it?

I asked why the common Christian values of these groups didn't prevent the race war.
    Christianity comes in many flavors, these groups don't have that many Christian values in common.

What went wrong here?
    Liberalism. Now could you answer the OP question please.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Blacks and Latinos are mainly raised in Protestant and Catholic homes, so you might want to ask at which point along the line did churches fail.
    If one were being fair, one might seek to know what proportion of blacks and Latinos who commit violent crimes have more than a passing acquaintance with church. Many people only enter the church to get married and get buried, and in the black community the first is widely viewed as optional.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Protestants and Catholics have a long and respectable history of slaughtering each other so that seems like a silly question. On this particular point the Church is indistinguishable from the liberal establishment though, so the question stands.
    This isn't about a religious war. I asked why the common Christian values of these groups didn't prevent the race war. What went wrong here?

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Blacks and Latinos are mainly raised in Protestant and Catholic homes, so you might want to ask at which point along the line did churches fail.
    Protestants and Catholics have a long and respectable history of slaughtering each other so that seems like a silly question. On this particular point the Church is indistinguishable from the liberal establishment though, so the question stands.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

Trigger warning: article contains quotations of racial slurs

http://takimag.com/article/the_probl...ities_jim_goad

The article goes on to detail a great number of incidents and statistics on the topic.

These topics rarely get much discussion. I suspect most people just stick their fingers in their ears and go "la la la" as they uncomfortably move on with their day, so I'm gonna ask a question of tweb's resident liberals: at which point along the line did you fail these people?

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    started a topic Dark Skinned Racial Holy War

Dark Skinned Racial Holy War

Trigger warning: article contains quotations of racial slurs

http://takimag.com/article/the_probl...ities_jim_goad

Early Saturday evening on January 31 at a shopping center in the majority-Hispanic LA suburb of Covina, CA, a Hispanic-looking young man who was wielding a huge kitchen knife was reportedly heard uttering anti-black racial slurs as he stabbed two black men and then fled the scene. Video surveillance footage briefly shows the assailant chasing his prey, who later stumbles back into camera view to reveal fresh wet blood splattered all over his shirt and pants.

Covina police arrested 19-year-old alleged Mexican gang member Louis Vasquez in connection with the stabbings. Vasquez had previously served time for auto theft and was arrested for the pair of stabbings a mere 17 hours after being released from jail on unrelated charges.

“I can only guess that the reason you don’t hear much about black-versus-Hispanic violence in America is that you’re not supposed to hear much about it.”
    Citing the alleged racial slurs, police said they planned to investigate the stabbings as a hate crime. But when Vasquez was arraigned last Tuesday on attempted murder charges, there was no hate-crime enhancement. A prosecutor said she found insufficient evidence that the apparently unprovoked stabbings of two black men by a Mexican teenager whom witnesses said shouted racial slurs were racially motivated in the least.

The sinister-looking Lee Baca has been the LA County Sheriff since 1998. In 2008, he wrote an editorial for the LA Times called “In L.A., race kills”:

We have a serious interracial violence problem in this county involving blacks and Latinos. The truth is that, in many cases, race is at the heart of the problem. Latino gang members shoot blacks not because they’re members of a rival gang but because of their skin color. Likewise, black gang members shoot Latinos because they are brown….Gang affiliation does not matter. Only the color of the victim’s skin matters….I would even take this a step further and suggest that some of L.A.‘s so-called gangs are really no more than loose-knit bands of blacks or Latinos roaming the streets looking for people of the other color to shoot.
    The article goes on to detail a great number of incidents and statistics on the topic.

These topics rarely get much discussion. I suspect most people just stick their fingers in their ears and go "la la la" as they uncomfortably move on with their day, so I'm gonna ask a question of tweb's resident liberals: at which point along the line did you fail these people?